Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 590 of 678 FirstFirst ... 90490540580588589590591592600640 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 10158
    Lol wow.

We are just gonna be going back and forth with Biden/Trump insanity for 6 months now aren't we. Just daily clips to try and show the other is crazier at this point. Yay

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Making it harder to vote has always been the Republican approach. They know more people voting is bad for the brand.
    Don't know what that has to do with my post, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Lol wow.

We are just gonna be going back and forth with Biden/Trump insanity for 6 months now aren't we. Just daily clips to try and show the other is crazier at this point. Yay
    And unfortunately I don't think any of it will matter. We're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And unfortunately I don't think any of it will matter. We're screwed.
    It's just going to be the same continuous cycle we are already in either way most likely, agreed.

Yet people will argue about it as though their life depends on it. Divide and conquer.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yet people will argue about it as though their life depends on it. Divide and conquer.
    So, we have 3 people here (Me, mngopher, and spliff) who have fundamental differences in our ideologies I suspect and yet we agree on the divisive intent of the team game. I actually like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This dense mother****er.

Trump deserves to be criticized for this. he is allowed to do this, but many other people are not? that's just stupid.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

This one is for Sluggo:

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    We are just gonna be going back and forth with Biden/Trump insanity for 6 months now aren't we. Just daily clips to try and show the other is crazier at this point.
    As I see it, this state of almost rabid polarization is fostered intentionally and vigorously by both parties pretty much down the line (and by their media toadies) because they know full well that it works very nicely to their mutual benefit.

Be visible, be confrontative, get people worked up over whatever — thus ensuring that the focus remains on yourselves (doesn’t matter which) and making it virtually impossible for other options to gain traction.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This one is for Sluggo:

Collecting money is probably the only thing the government does efficiently.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Yup

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Sounds about right.

True.

They don't even do that efficiently

Good blog post worth reading.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...paign=trending

My husband lost both his parents when he was very young. His mother died when he was 8, his father three years later. My husband had aunts and uncles, quite a few in fact, but they argued about why they shouldn’t be the ones to take my husband and his brother. “So-and-so has more money, he/she should do it.” Or “I already have four kids, etc., and so-and-so only has two.”

The end result was that nobody took the boys in and they ended up in a Chicago Catholic orphanage, back in the 1960s when there were such things.

If you think these were terrible people, you would be right, and I’ve already wasted enough keystrokes on them. Anyway, my husband grew up in an institution; when he was 18 he got accepted at a state university. He moved out of the orphanage and that was the beginning of his adult life. Maybe his unfortunate childhood made him what he is today, I don’t know.

I’m telling his story because you might be able to guess how he survived those years (his parents left no money.) He lived on Social Security survivors’ benefits, which back then lasted until his 22nd birthday. It was a modest but dependable mainstay, and combined with his hard work he got an education and made his way.

When we had our own children they obviously learned that they had no grandparents on that side. As they grew older we talked about how survivors’ benefits had supported their father, how he couldn’t have lived without it, and how he was thankful for that money.

We told them that Republicans, though, had a too bad for you mentality and they wanted to “starve” government. They didn’t care about the poor, the disenfranchised. If you weren’t born rich, white, straight, male and Christian they had little use for you. It didn’t matter to these people that parents die, it was just too bad for you. Not our problem.

With help my husband made a life for himself, so that today we can all joke about my husband’s Poor Orphan stories (and he has a lot of them). Okay Dad, we know that’s a poor orphan story (said with eye rolling but also affection). But it’s good, he made it out to the other side. With help.

Our kids have seen family layoffs and job losses, and they learned that unemployment benefits were a godsend. Illnesses. They know how we can have a good year where things are going pretty well and then the next year where it all crashes.

We all talk about politics, government and elections all the time, so our kids have gotten an earful over the years. Our daughter has always been quite liberal. Our son had a slight libertarian streak for awhile, but when it came time to vote he voted Democratic. And the quarantine has given us a lot of time to talk about Trump’s gross mishandling of the COVID-19 crisis.

The last year both kids became enthusiastic Sanders supporters. They urged us to vote for him (we didn’t, though). Unlike some of their generations (millennial and Gen Z) they got themselves out to vote. And though they saw it coming, they were disappointed when Sanders lost the Illinois primary.

We said we were sorry Sanders lost, and sorry today that he dropped out of the race. When we started talking about November, they each made it quite clear that they would vote, they would vote Democratic, and that Trump had to go. No ifs ands or buts. No other choice. They wouldn’t sit out, they wouldn’t write someone in.

Fortunately they seem to know what’s at stake. If “poor orphan” stories contributed to their worldview, I’m fine with it.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK