Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 530 of 1222 FirstFirst ... 304304805205285295305315325405806301030 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 18329
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Good post, let me add that the majority of folks that are making that decision are really amped now because joe will clean up in the south. Trump wont win a state down there, look how popular joe is in alabama.
    Can't tell if serious.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the primary difference is Biden is nowhere near as viscerally hated as Clinton (or Trump for that matter).
    This is correct.

Hillary Clinton was the opposite of a good candidate. Polished and good are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Can't tell if serious.
    My early concern with Biden compared to Sanders was Biden seemed to be winning all the states that were going to go for Trump anyway. But after Super Tuesday Biden won several states that will be pivotal in the election.

What things do you guys think Trump runs (or, "runs") to the left of Biden on?
    HELLO

My early concern with Biden compared to Sanders was Biden seemed to be winning all the states that were going to go for Trump anyway. But after Super Tuesday Biden won several states that will be pivotal in the election.
    Agreed, certainly.

I'm still just trying to decipher if dude was serious with Joe cleaning up through the southern states in the general, and/or Trump "not winning a state down there" where he will win, without question, most/nearly all of the states. Handily.

Agreed, certainly.

I'm still just trying to decipher if dude was serious with Joe cleaning up through the southern states in the general, and/or Trump "not winning a state down there" where he will win, without question, most/nearly all of the states. Handily.
    Edit: Alabama?!

I think the primary difference is Biden is nowhere near as viscerally hated as Clinton (or Trump for that matter).
    That could cut both ways.

Biden is about as inspiring as a bowl of cold oatmeal. He may win the presidency on the basis of the anti-Trump movement (though I doubt it), but, for example, he is about the last guy I should think that the Democrats would want leading the charge to galvanize his party to retake the Senate.

If I'm Joe, I would strongly consider Julian Castro as my VP. Biden is already polling within spitting distance in Texas. I don't really think that the Democrats will win in Texas, but Castro might just help achieve that. At the very least, it makes the Republicans spend big in Texas. Because they absolutely can't afford to lose that state. A candidate needs 270 to win, with those three states alone that would make 122 votes in favor of the Democrats. It would require Republicans to win every single battleground state and they would eek by 277-260. That means they would win Arizona, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Warren dropped out and blamed sexism and said she'd have more to say about that in the future. I wonder she's gonna call Bernie a sexist again so she can throw her support behind Biden while maintaining her faux progressivism.
    The dems just can't lose to a better opponent. There must be some underying reason other than themselves. In this case, it was sexism.

If she had been close in the primaries she lost, it would have been the ever reliable "voter suppression" excuse. Or ballot screw ups, or maybe bad weather, or apathy due to Trump depression, or people staying home because of the corona virus, or the Russians.

She couldn't just lose to a supposedly better opponent…that can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If I'm Joe, I would strongly consider Julian Castro as my VP. Biden is already polling within spitting distance in Texas. I don't really think that the Democrats will win in Texas, but Castro might just help achieve that. At the very least, it makes the Republicans spend big in Texas. Because they absolutely can't afford to lose that state. A candidate needs 270 to win, with those three states alone that would make 122 votes in favor of the Democrats. It would require Republicans to win every single battleground state and they would eek by 277-260. That means they would win Arizona, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, and North Carolina.
    These are all perfectly valid points but I can't imagine any scenario where his VP won't be a woman. My betting favorites would be:

1 Kamala
    2 Someone not really at all talked about or spotlighted in the past year
    --Tier--
    3 Amy
    4 Tulsi
    5 Warren
    --Tier--
    6 Mia Love
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    7 Michelle Obama

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    but America electing its first Jewish President in the face of growing white-supremacy and neo-Nazi sentiment wouldn't be insignificant
    I agree. Would be a worthwhile point if one were running.

This guy's about as Jewish as Trump is Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Fundamentally the media spends too much time on the trolls. I've seen several cases where a clear troll is taken seriously by the media and the story goes from being a "joke" to suddenly having the appearance of a real "issue" and they get their panel to talk and argue about the significance of the joke.

The local news, in covering the corona virus, actually told people to "stock up on non-perishable supplies and water". Covid-19 isn't the plague, and even if it was the water is going to keep working in your house. I needed to pick up a bunch of water for a high school athletic event I volunteered for this weekend and had to go to 4 stores to find ANY water. People are stupid and are riding in a big stupid car and it feels like the media and politicians are standing on the accelerator and not looking out the windshield at where we are heading.

yeah let's hope Biden chooses the guy who essentially called him senile at the debate

These are all perfectly valid points but I can't imagine any scenario where his VP won't be a woman. My betting favorites would be:

1 Kamala
    2 Someone not really at all talked about or spotlighted in the past year
    --Tier--
    3 Amy
    4 Tulsi
    5 Warren
    --Tier--
    6 Mia Love
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    7 Michelle Obama
    Kamala would be a great pick and I would have no problem with her being chosen. But I look at what's happening in Texas already and I think we can speed it up. Nobody is talking about this but the current balance of power in the Texas House of Representatives is 83-67. That means that if there were just 8 seats to go the other way, Democrats could be in equal standing in the Texas House! 9 and they take control. Do you know how earth shaking it would be seen as if the California Assembly wasn't 61-18 for Democrats but suddenly became 44-36 for Democrats?

If I'm Joe, I stick my foot into that pool and stir it all around. And it's not like Julian isn't qualified. The man was a mayor of San Antonio and was HUD Secretary under Obama. I think you juice the vote in Texas and have a damn good chance of winning the state with where Joe's poll numbers already are.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!