Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 322 of 324 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324 LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 4859
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Automatic registration at 18 is what we need, not mandatory voting. Also, ex-cons should be automatically re-registered for voting once they finish serving their time in prison. Also, purging voters rolls outside of those serving prison time should be considered a federal felony.
    You are way off base by not wanting tp purge voter rolls. So long as the rules for voting are clear and accessible (and they almost always are) voter rolls need to be purged periodically. Usually if you have not voted for 3 to 5 years, you must register. Whay is so hard about that? And as inconvenient as that may sound, the voter can avoid the issues by simply voting. It is no big deal.

Lists (for any business or organization) with invalid names do more harm than good. Dead files ust be purged whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yes it is my horrible plan to want to get as many democratic voters as possible. yukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyukyuk!
    Fixed it for ya.

No charge.

Sluggo just wants to help.

I don't know if Bloomberg could win or not. Hate to say it but many people will not vote for a Jewish candidate. Bernie can at least relate to the millennials. I don't think Bloomberg will do so nearly as much.

I'll also say that if Bloomberg beats Trump, it would not bother me all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You are way off base by not wanting tp purge voter rolls. So long as the rules for voting are clear and accessible (and they almost always are) voter rolls need to be purged periodically. Usually if you have not voted for 3 to 5 years, you must register. Whay is so hard about that? And as inconvenient as that may sound, the voter can avoid the issues by simply voting. It is no big deal.

Lists (for any business or organization) with invalid names do more harm than good. Dead files ust be purged whenever possible.
    Agreed, at some point, rolls need to be cleaned.

Hereís a pretty good analysis (despite the source) on Bloomberg jumping in: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/polit...ats/index.html

He immediately has a shot in the primary. The General is the big question. I donít know how a monotoned, often condescending, Jewish Billionaire from NYC has a shot.....then again I donít know how Trump could have ever won a primary much less a General so thereís that.

But a week ago there was a meeting of Dem mega donors and strategists. So itís clear that (1) they donít see Bidens campaign as stable anymore, (2) Their constant claim of sitting out if Warren is the candidate is legit (economically Trump is better for them) (3) They would rather lose a general election to Trump and plan for 2024 than win with Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Agreed, at some point, rolls need to be cleaned.
    Any idea how states do this? What the time limits are?

I seem to remember that mess in Georgia revolving around 3 years of inactivity.

I don'r know how they do it in Florida.

I think it varies by state. But my work deals with a lot of email groups if you don't purge the rolls occasionally you'll get a roll where 95% of the roll isn't even people who are voters.

I have no idea but I feel like 3 years of inactivity is insane, if that's actually what it is. You gotta figure A LOT of people really only show up every 4 years. I don't even think the bloodthirsty voter supressing Republican would think 3 years is justifiable.

Maybe the last 3 presidential elections?

But we don't need to play dumb. The vast uptick in purging since 2016 is very clearly political.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I have no idea but I feel like 3 years of inactivity is insane, if that's actually what it is. You gotta figure A LOT of people really only show up every 4 years. I don't even think the bloodthirsty voter supressing Republican would think 3 years is justifiable.

But we don't need to play dumb. The vast uptick in purging since 2016 is very clearly political.
    Agreed and 3 years is absurd, but it shouldn't be forever either.

Agreed and 3 years is absurd, but it shouldn't be forever either.
    Don't disagree with that. But what we're seeing now....we know why it's happening and we know who it's disproportionately affecting. It's not because these Republican governors and state politicians want the fairest elections.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Don't disagree with that. But we know what's happening and we know who it's disproportionately affecting.
    They've got it down to a science which groups to target to ensure that they have an impact on only one side. It's actually frightening beyond the practical implications just how much they can do to target people and remove them from the list of eligible voters. Democrats have to win the popular vote by about 4% to just break even.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hereís a pretty good analysis (despite the source) on Bloomberg jumping in: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/08/polit...ats/index.html

He immediately has a shot in the primary. The General is the big question. I donít know how a monotoned, often condescending, Jewish Billionaire from NYC has a shot.....then again I donít know how Trump could have ever won a primary much less a General so thereís that.

But a week ago there was a meeting of Dem mega donors and strategists. So itís clear that (1) they donít see Bidens campaign as stable anymore, (2) Their constant claim of sitting out if Warren is the candidate is legit (economically Trump is better for them) (3) They would rather lose a general election to Trump and plan for 2024 than win with Bernie.
    Bloomberg has no appeal in the south. Biden, however, has a built in relationship with AAs, similar to Clintonís. So he canít win the south. Warren seems to have appeal in the Midwest and west coast. There are literally no states that he can win, outside maybe some northeastern states.

And if Bernie drops out at some point, all that support will go to warren.

I actually think itís the opposite. He appeals to no true leftist, but he could appeal to moderates and liberal republicans in the general.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Bloomberg has no appeal in the south. Biden, however, has a built in relationship with AAs, similar to Clintonís. So he canít win the south. Warren seems to have appeal in the Midwest and west coast. There are literally no states that he can win, outside maybe some northeastern states.

And if Bernie drops out at some point, all that support will go to warren.

I actually think itís the opposite. He appeals to no true leftist, but he could appeal to moderates and liberal republicans in the general.
    You would be surprised what money can do. Getting your name out there can do a whole lot of good. And Bloomberg can get his name out there. Plus he probably has a very high name recognition. I wouldn't say 100% like Trump. But I would wager that between 50-70% of people are already familiar with him even if that's just having heard his name or seeing the Bloomberg publication. I don't know if there is a technical term for it, but I would say he has acquaintance-name-recognition. Someone you have heard of and have seen them around but don't really know anything else about them.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I think it varies by state. But my work deals with a lot of email groups if you don't purge the rolls occasionally you'll get a roll where 95% of the roll isn't even people who are voters.

Same with my business. It's a pain in the *** to do, but necessary.

I have no idea but I feel like 3 years of inactivity is insane, if that's actually what it is. You gotta figure A LOT of people really only show up every 4 years. I don't even think Bold oneÖwould think 3 years is justifiable.

Bold 1Ösave this line for that creative writing class. It's priceless.

Bold 2Öas is the no ID voting and open borders policy.