Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 386 of 499 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 7477
  1. #5776
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What difference does that make???

    Overall point is that places with democratic control tend to not do well.. Detroit is an urban joke and they haven't had a repub since I was in grammar school. St. Louis, Balto…same/same.

    Once great cities that are a joke.

    NYC was a disaster under Dinkins and now DeBlasio yet made great strides under Rudy G.

    It seems that:

    1 dems do a lousy job and
    2 their minority populations keep electing them

    Like Trump said about minorities voting republican "what have you get to lose?"
    All the difference in the world. Large cities tend to skew Democrat so of course there's going to be a lot of Mayors of large cities. I'm asking how many cities even have Republican mayors, because if the answer is none or say 3, that doesn't really tell us if it's Democratic Mayors that are the problem, but rather just variations in cities.

    It is also interesting we only cap the idea of whether a place is doing well under a Republican or Democratic mayor when it's large cities. What about towns? Because rural towns tend to skew Republican and I'd be willing to bet there's more small towns with Republican mayors. Do you want me to count up all the ****hole small towns run by Republican mayors across the US? Does that mean Republicans don't do well running things?

  2. #5777
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,561
    Just for reference, I looked at Wikipedia's largest US cities and of the Top 30 largest cities, only 4 had Republican Mayors:

    San Diego
    Fort Worth
    Jacksonville
    Oklahoma City

    1 was Independent and 1 was run by a City Council (El Paso).

    So 24 of the largest cities are run by Democrats. So I don't think it's a Democrats run bad cities thing, it's a Democrats run all cities thing.

  3. #5778
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Just for reference, I looked at Wikipedia's largest US cities and of the Top 30 largest cities, only 4 had Republican Mayors:

    San Diego
    Fort Worth
    Jacksonville
    Oklahoma City

    1 was Independent and 1 was run by a City Council (El Paso).

    So 24 of the largest cities are run by Democrats. So I don't think it's a Democrats run bad cities thing, it's a Democrats run all cities thing.
    But the mayors that are running cities poorly tend to be democrat. Many of these cities have problems that appeart to be insurmountable.

    Why??

    Most of these leaders spend a great deal of time on programs for the poor that do more harm than good.

    And I am not saying that all dem mayors are bad. Pittsburg, to me, is a shining example of what works. It was a miserable place that re-invented itself and is now a model city. All under democratic rule. I also mentioned Tampa. Dems can lead. There is no question about that.

    However, I thnk it is fair to say, that for the most part, dems have dropped the ball.

  4. #5779
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    But the mayors that are running cities poorly tend to be democrat. Many of these cities have problems that appeart to be insurmountable.

    Why??

    Most of these leaders spend a great deal of time on programs for the poor that do more harm than good.

    And I am not saying that all dem mayors are bad. Pittsburg, to me, is a shining example of what works. It was a miserable place that re-invented itself and is now a model city. All under democratic rule. I also mentioned Tampa. Dems can lead. There is no question about that.

    However, I thnk it is fair to say, that for the most part, dems have dropped the ball.
    What is the republican excuse in the republican run southern states, which get federal money/aid that originally comes from the more prosperous democrat ran states like California?

    Or republican held states tend to have the worst educational system, health-care, and wages? I often hear about people wanting to move to California, but never Alabama. I bet our poor people are smarter than yours. Oh, hell, I bet you live in one of those poorly run democrat cities.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-16-2020 at 06:25 PM.

  5. #5780
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    But the mayors that are running cities poorly tend to be democrat. Many of these cities have problems that appeart to be insurmountable.

    Why??

    Most of these leaders spend a great deal of time on programs for the poor that do more harm than good.

    And I am not saying that all dem mayors are bad. Pittsburg, to me, is a shining example of what works. It was a miserable place that re-invented itself and is now a model city. All under democratic rule. I also mentioned Tampa. Dems can lead. There is no question about that.

    However, I thnk it is fair to say, that for the most part, dems have dropped the ball.
    It also fair to say that if all cities are run by Dems pointing out that that the worst run cities are run by Democrats means nothing. Someone got to come in last and that city is going to be run by a Democrat
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #5781
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,892
    I don't think it's exactly rocket science. Lots of higher paying jobs tend to be in the big cities. Educated people tend to want those higher paying jobs. The Educated vote for democrats a lot more then republicans. The more people you shove into a small area the more problems are going to arise. There will also be lots of non educated people in those areas whose lives get worse the higher the population gets, but Republicans don't really like the poor so..... I'd say it's a lot harder to manage all the problems in a big city then some rural town in Alabama. But I've got no idea why a republican would be better at it.

  7. #5782
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    I don't think it's exactly rocket science. Lots of higher paying jobs tend to be in the big cities. Educated people tend to want those higher paying jobs. The Educated vote for democrats a lot more then republicans. The more people you shove into a small area the more problems are going to arise. There will also be lots of non educated people in those areas whose lives get worse the higher the population gets, but Republicans don't really like the poor so..... I'd say it's a lot harder to manage all the problems in a big city then some rural town in Alabama. But I've got no idea why a republican would be better at it.
    I think they can both lead but I also think Sluggo's stat is empty
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #5783
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think they can both lead but I also think Sluggo's stat is empty
    Oh, I definitely think there are people very capable of successfully running a city on both sides. As well as fully corrupt, or fully inept.

  9. #5784
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    But the mayors that are running cities poorly tend to be democrat. Many of these cities have problems that appeart to be insurmountable.

    Why??

    Most of these leaders spend a great deal of time on programs for the poor that do more harm than good.

    And I am not saying that all dem mayors are bad. Pittsburg, to me, is a shining example of what works. It was a miserable place that re-invented itself and is now a model city. All under democratic rule. I also mentioned Tampa. Dems can lead. There is no question about that.

    However, I thnk it is fair to say, that for the most part, dems have dropped the ball.
    Red states are generally far more dependent on the federal government than blue states. Is that because the republicans are bad at governing?

    https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

    13 of the 15 most federally dependent states are red.

  10. #5785
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think they can both lead but I also think Sluggo's stat is empty
    Empty stat………

    A list of 50 cities that are considered poorly run.

    40 of those 40 cities are run be dems.

    That is 80%

    But that is an empty stat.

    Some group analyzed hundreds of cities and posted the top 50, 80% are run be dems. And that is an empty stat.

    ……………

    Here is what an empty stat looks like…

    Americans, as a whole do not seem to like soccer. Or at best don't care about it one way or another. But go to a soccer game and ask the people there if they like soccer, then post that stat.

    That is an empty stat.

  11. #5786
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,647
    How come you didn't reply to Tyler's point, slugster?

    13/15 of the states who are most federal funds are run by republicans.

    That's 87%.

    Is that an empty stat?
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 01-17-2020 at 11:20 AM.

  12. #5787
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    How come you didn't reply to Tyler's point, slugster?

    13/15 of the states who are most federal funds are run by republicans.

    That's 87%.

    Is that an empty stat?
    Well it's not helpful to the argument of bashing Democratic states, so yes. The fact is that the average welfare recipient is a white woman in her forties, but that's not what they want a welfare queen to be seen as. They want you to picture a particular type of person when you think of a welfare recipient so that people will hate welfare. Their voters don't like the idea of "others" (black women) on welfare. So the best way to get people to vote against their interests is to make them think it's not actually their interests.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  13. #5788
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    10,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Empty stat………

    A list of 50 cities that are considered poorly run.

    40 of those 40 cities are run be dems.

    That is 80%

    But that is an empty stat.

    Some group analyzed hundreds of cities and posted the top 50, 80% are run be dems. And that is an empty stat.

    ……………

    Here is what an empty stat looks like…

    Americans, as a whole do not seem to like soccer. Or at best don't care about it one way or another. But go to a soccer game and ask the people there if they like soccer, then post that stat.

    That is an empty stat.
    Oh, if we only voted republican. LOLOL. It was the republicans with the moderate dem who allocated our country resources towards war. It was the republicans since Reagan who diverted taxpayers money from domestic needs to those democrat cities and dirt poor republican control states to the rich corporations and the one-percenters in the form of massive tax cuts.

    Now, they want to cut SSI, medicare, and Medicaid. Let's screw over the poor and middle-class peons some more.

    By the way, where did you raise your family? In those democrat run cities or some republican control states, where the education system and healthcare are the worst in the country?

    Quit acting like the republicans' hands are clean in the deteriorating of this country and it's cities.
    Both parties are a bunch of money-grabbing bag men for the rich and powerful.

  14. #5789
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,376
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Oh, if we only voted republican. LOLOL. It was the republicans with the moderate dem who allocated our country resources towards war. It was the republicans since Reagan who diverted taxpayers money from domestic needs to those democrat cities and dirt poor republican control states to the rich corporations and the one-percenters in the form of massive tax cuts.

    Now, they want to cut SSI, medicare, and Medicaid. Let's screw over the poor and middle-class peons some more.

    By the way, where did you raise your family? In those democrat run cities or some republican control states, where the education system and healthcare are the worst in the country?

    Quit acting like the republicans' hands are clean in the deteriorating of this country and it's cities.
    Both parties are a bunch of money-grabbing bag men for the rich and powerful.
    Did I show you this???

    Can't remember. Memory does that as you get older.


    Democrat platform for 2020;
    racially divide America, attempt to impeach President Trump at all costs, push climate change farce, socialism, kill babies, raise taxes, open borders, defund the military, take away guns, weaken the economy, redistribution of wealth, defend illegal aliens, free college for illegal’s, free health care for illegal’s, suppress free speech, ban freedom of religion if you are Christian, unknown number of genders, support of Antifa, elevate perversion, reparations for slavery, xenophobic conspiracy theory, enslave the lower and middle classes, remove the electoral college, give iran nukes. Calling the terrorist Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi a religious scholar. continue the list as needed.


    Not my post but it is apropos.

    Yeah……let's all vote for that.

  15. #5790
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,715
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Quit acting like the republicans' hands are clean in the deteriorating of this country and it's cities.
    Both parties are a bunch of money-grabbing bag men for the rich and powerful.
    Both parties ARE the rich and powerful. Why spend time buying people when you can just be the people?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •