Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 571 of 676 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621671 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 10128
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I will add candidate policies DO matter when their party controls the House and the Senate. But of course a Democratic House would not pass cuts to Social Security and Medicare.
    Nor would they pass Medicare for all.

That said, the point is well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Oblivious you don't expect anything from him as well. It is amazing during a campaign year how he has such low visibility on the national scene. I know you won't admit that it is atypical for a politician. I expect him to show his leadership ability if he wants to be president. Isn't that what he running for? What better time to show that during a crisis.
    Well I mean he is holding "shadow coronavirus briefings", whatever that means. Meanwhile Bernie is chatting with AOC and Rashida Talib.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...annings-139629
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well I mean he is holding "shadow coronavirus briefings", whatever that means. Meanwhile Bernie is chatting with AOC and Rashida Talib.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...annings-139629
    Yeah, I saw that 'chat' between Bernie, AOC, Ilhan, and Rashida. They were talking about community outreach in their area and what their needs were. The closed library being set up as a food drop. Senior wellness checks by out of school kids. Kids writing letters and cards to shut in at the nursing homes. Ilhan was talking about how water utility can't be shutting off the water. They were just going on where people are falling through the cracks. Talking about stuff concerning my age group in general. Bernie was talking about the GOP stimulus package he voted against because it was load with slush funds for big business and nothing for the average American. I won't go into depth, it was pretty knee-deep on problem areas and individual's financial problems that this shutdown is causing. We are on a fixed income so it won't be as bad for us.

It was very informative, I wish a Chicago representative was on chat talking about our area..

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Nor would they pass Medicare for all.

That said, the point is well taken.
    Medicare for all seems like a terrible deal for everyone involved. Medicare is paid for by the people not on Medicare ... how does that work if everyone is on it?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    His old man, Ron Paul, has been writing articles that the virus isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. People who are trying to profit either politically or financally by the panic they are encouraging. So his whole family is cracked.
    I think his father has a good point. I was listening to another republican politician the other day, he was saying we have so many traffic accidents yet we dont shut down the highways and economy for it.

I dont know the exact numbers for all this stuff but he may have a legit point. Think of it, even in the most vulnerable age group we're looking at about a 4% death rate, some age groups are under a percent.

I think we just dont even have the proper raw data to ***** this issue, we lack the data because as everyone is starting to notice, we simply lack a public health system. But I did notice the death rate in wuhan going further and further down as they realize how many more and more people were actually infected with it.

This is not to dismiss the issue entirely, but we may shut down our economy for a month before realizing this may just be statistically on par with the common the flu.

I hope it is tbh. That would be a relief.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

incompetent.
    The most accurate word to describe trump since this fiasco began

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Medicare for all seems like a terrible deal for everyone involved. Medicare is paid for by the people not on Medicare ... how does that work if everyone is on it?
    Everyone that pays for health care pays for those that dont already.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think his father has a good point. I was listening to another republican politician the other day, he was saying we have so many traffic accidents yet we dont shut down the highways and economy for it.

I dont know the exact numbers for all this stuff but he may have a legit point. Think of it, even in the most vulnerable age group we're looking at about a 4% death rate, some age groups are under a percent.

I think we just dont even have the proper raw data to ***** this issue, we lack the data because as everyone is starting to notice, we simply lack a public health system. But I did notice the death rate in wuhan going further and further down as they realize how many more and more people were actually infected with it.

This is not to dismiss the issue entirely, but we may shut down our economy for a month before realizing this may just be statistically on par with the common the flu.

This is a dumb take.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This is a dumb take.
    Ah, spiffy's growing up

Good spiffy

So if you're vulnerable and/or have multiple autoimmune disorders and take biologic medications meaning your body absolutely cannot fight this thing. What are they supposed to do? They can quarantine themselves in their apartment all day, but they still need food, they still need medication, they still need to exist like a human being with dignity.

Anyone saying we need to be getting back to work because only 1-2% are going to die are effectively saying they don't care if those vulnerable live or die. And we're not talking about some far away third world country that's being devastated by war, disaster or disease. We're talking about fellow country men and women.

But is anyone really surprised? We're seeing people's true colors during this.

The Lost Boys of PSD

To use the Serbian expression: grandmothers to toads.

If you had a 1-4% chance of being killed on the the road you drive every day to work, I bet you’d avoid it.
    Last edited by Crovash; 03-23-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    So if you're vulnerable and/or have multiple autoimmune disorders and take biologic medications meaning your body absolutely cannot fight this thing. What are they supposed to do? They can quarantine themselves in their apartment all day, but they still need food, they still need medication, they still need to exist like a human being with dignity.

Anyone saying we need to be getting back to work because only 1-2% are going to die are effectively saying they don't care if those vulnerable live or die. And we're not talking about some far away third world country that's being devastated by war, disaster or disease. We're talking about fellow country men and women.

But is anyone really surprised? We're seeing people's true colors during this.
    Well, aren't these the true colors we show regarding the common cold? We dont just have every northern city shut down every October November to combat flu season and those who die from it. I believe the death rate is about 0.1%.

So where exactly between the 0.1% acceptable death rate and the 1.4% unacceptable death rate do we draw that line.

It's not that I don't care about vulnerable population, my mother has chronic lung disease, but the reality is this thing is here now. How do we deal with it?

Maybe shutting down the country IS the best way. But maybe it's not. I think its fair for our govt to have a discussion on this.

Keep in mind this disease is here to stay. It's not like shutting the country down for a month will get rid of it. It simply to help us manage outbreaks and not get overwhelmed

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    To use the Serbian expression: grandmothers to toads.

If you had a 1-4% chance of being killed on the the road you drive every day to work, I bet you’d avoid it.
    You cant translate it as a 1% chance of accident every time you get on the road, you gotta translate it as 1% chance of accident in your life. People dont get corona over and over again, they get it once.

Well, aren't these the true colors we show regarding the common cold? We dont just have every northern city shut down every October November to combat flu season and those who die from it. I believe the death rate is about 0.1%.

So where exactly between the 0.1% acceptable death rate and the 1.4% unacceptable death rate do we draw that line.

It's not that I don't care about vulnerable population, my mother has chronic lung disease, but the reality is this thing is here now. How do we deal with it?

Maybe shutting down the country IS the best way. But maybe it's not. I think its fair for our govt to have a discussion on this.

Keep in mind this disease is here to stay. It's not like shutting the country down for a month will get rid of it. It simply to help us manage outbreaks and not get overwhelmed

Well if you ever wonder why the west is on decline, here's a good post to read.

This is what I want you to do. Stand up, goto the nearest mirror, look at yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself, "I don't know enough about the virus because I'm not smarter than the doctors. I'm going to defer to the doctor's advice because they know more than me. I mean, they have been doing their jobs for a long time! That's what they specialize in! They would know a lot more than me." Then while looking into the mirror, take a deep breath, and remove your head from the deep part of your anus.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Well if you ever wonder why the west is on decline, here's a good post to read.

This is what I want you to do. Stand up, goto the nearest mirror, look at yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself, "I don't know enough about the virus because I'm not smarter than the doctors. I'm going to defer to the doctor's advice because they know more than me. I mean, they have been doing their jobs for a long time! That's what they specialize in! They would know a lot more than me." Then while looking into the mirror, take a deep breath, and remove your head from the deep part of your anus.
    lol, what are the doctors saying that contradict what I'm saying? I'm giving you numbers based off what the doctors are telling us.

My boy is a doctor in nyc, and I've studied this stuff. I think ive got a pretty good grip on what's generally happening. What isnt happening is I'm not somehow lost in this media story as being something unique. There are thousands of people that die every year from preventable things, like polluted ozone layer from all gas engines, yet we never sit here and say let's ban all gas engines.

Theres a medium there somewhere. I think it's very fair for politicians to bring up the numbers and show us what we are giving up and what we are gaining. I think it would be irresponsible if no one in our govt was doing something like this, and collecting and comparing data

Btw, the doctors advice is very simple. Get more supplies. At the end of the day no matter how you wanna cut this, we are in this situation because our healthcare system is broken. There is no reason a first world country cannot get supplies to deal with this situation other than lack of preparedness and leadership

Last edited by nastynice; 03-23-2020 at 02:08 PM.