Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 428 of 671 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438478528 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 10063
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Fix the criminal justice system that puts minorities behind bars at a disproportionate rate and youíll fix the issue of black lives being taken by the death penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what does disproportionate have to do with this? why does the make up of the population matter when it comes to whether people are either committing crimes or they're not?
    population should make no difference. if there are people that shouldn't be in jail/prison because they were wrongly convicted then that is one thing. saying there are too many black or white or any specific race doesn't take into account whether they are guilty or actually innocent.

I have no doubt far too many blacks were wrongly convicted and hope they can get the justice they deserve.

don't get your panties in a bunch because you don't like what I'm posting.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    It's only one primary, but it was concerning at first when they were spouting off about a depressed turnout. This makes me much more at ease that they ended up above 2008 because then it signals a continuation of the blue wave from 2018.
    Iowa overall turn out may have been low, it was high for the youth, Latino and foreign-born voters was high due to Bernie's people canvassing their neighborhood. This is another good sign moving forward.

Some guy I never heard of is going against Trump in Republican primaries. That's like when a college football team like LSU plays against somebody like Southeast Louisiana State.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what does disproportionate have to do with this? why does the make up of the population matter when it comes to whether people are either committing crimes or they're not?
    population should make no difference. if there are people that shouldn't be in jail/prison because they were wrongly convicted then that is one thing. saying there are too many black or white or any specific race doesn't take into account whether they are guilty or actually innocent.

I have no doubt far too many blacks were wrongly convicted and hope they can get the justice they deserve.
    (both the main part and the last sentence)

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...can-beat-trump

'Sad and depressed': Van Jones says Democrats can't figure out who can beat Trump
    CNN commentator Van Jones lamented the "messy, confusing choice" Democratic voters have to make between the remaining candidates in the 2020 presidential field.

ďI think people are depressed,Ē Jones said on the network Tuesday. ďI think people are sad. I think people can't figure out which of these people they're supposed to vote for, and I think people are waiting to come out to vote against Donald Trump.Ē

He added, "This is a messy, confusing choice. People are sad and depressed, and people just want somebody to vote for against Trump."

Sen. Bernie Sanders and former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg secured the top two spots in the New Hampshire primary on Tuesday night. Jones implied that Sanders would have received more votes if not for restrictive voting regulations in the state, which particularly affect younger voters.

"Let's not forget though, in New Hampshire, younger people, especially students, are having a harder time voting," said Jones. "They've changed the rules, they changed the laws, you have to register your car to be able to vote."

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

First, this came when they thought turnout was way down, which turned out not being the case.

Secondly on a smaller note, I will certainly say if Iím a college student and I have to register my car to vote, Iím not voting. Thatís an extra expense or at the very least a hassle that Iím avoiding at all costs when Iím a college student with zero or very little income.

Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    First, this came when they thought turnout was way down, which turned out not being the case.

Secondly on a smaller note, I will certainly say if Iím a college student and I have to register my car to vote, Iím not voting. Thatís an extra expense or at the very least a hassle that Iím avoiding at all costs when Iím a college student with zero or very little income.

buT vOTeR reGIsTraTIOn iS frEe!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Trump can get this type of turnout and he's not even running against anyone seriously an option.

Last edited by SpecialFNK; 02-12-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Few thoughts--

-Biden would lose NH in the General
    -Bernie is the frontrunner
    -Bloomberg is a joke
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Well Bernie has a great start. But itíll be interesting to see what happens when states with diversity start voting. That could spring Biden back into it. And if it doesnít itís another sign that polling is fatally flawed for modern politics.

Whatís really disappointing is Warrenís NH finish. I really thought sheíd take 2nd.

It makes me wonder if Pete found the same campaigning angle that Obama 08 found. If so this could be a two person race very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Trump can get this type of turnout and he's not even running against anyone seriously an option.

Bill Weld also had a stronger than expected showing. Itís a sign that overall turnout could be up. Which is usually bad for republicans in the general election since they donít have a majority of public support.

But youíre right thatís a strong number for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Well Bernie has a great start. But itíll be interesting to see what happens when states with diversity start voting. That could spring Biden back into it. And if it doesnít itís another sign that polling is fatally flawed for modern politics.

Whatís really disappointing is Warrenís NH finish. I really thought sheíd take 2nd.

It makes me wonder if Pete found the same campaigning angle that Obama 08 found. If so this could be a two person race very quickly.
    I have to figure that nominating Buttigieg, whose general support seems to come largely from older, conservative population (in contrast, oddly, with Sanders, whose general support comes from a younger population) is as hairy a proposition to the mainstream Democratic power trust as would be nominating Sanders ó Sanders because of his consistent beliefs, Buttigieg because he seems from a realpolitik standpoint to be a surefire loser right now.

Buttigieg didn't do so well in the urban areas where Bernie won. When we get to heavy diverse population urban centers states like Ill, Ohio, NY, LA, Buttigieg will fade.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Buttigieg didn't do so well in the urban areas where Bernie won. When we get to heavy diverse population urban centers states like Ill, Ohio, NY, LA, Buttigieg will fade.
    Exit polling always deserves a grain of salt but CNN's exit polling shows Sanders got 42% of the Hispanic vote (Klobuchar in second with just 14%) and 32% of the non-white support (doubling up 2nd place Joe Biden, who got 16%). Pete got 11% and 15% respectively. He still polls abysmally with both groups nationally.

Who's the unelectable democrat again?

I've talked myself into not being too worried about Pete again. But we'll see.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Exit polling always deserves a grain of salt but CNN's exit polling shows Sanders got 42% of the Hispanic vote (Klobuchar in second with just 14%) and 32% of the non-white support (doubling up 2nd place Joe Biden, who got 16%). Pete got 11% and 15% respectively. He still polls abysmally with both groups nationally.

Who's the unelectable democrat again?

I've talked myself into not being too worried about Pete again. But we'll see.
    Iím not too worried about Pete but Iím very worried about Klobuchar.

Iím especially worried that Warren will endorse Klobuchar just because theyíre friends and both women. Identity politics are gonna start to play a role pretty soon.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť