Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 533 of 941 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583633 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 14107
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    This takes us back to the myth of the moderate voter, which you believe is hocus pocus.
    It's unclear to me what you're saying here. If the assertion is that moderate voters don't actually exist come general election time, yes that's nonsense. I've read the 538 article, I didn't find anything within it to suggest that - I want to reiterate, in the general - a not insignificant chunk of the electorate doesn't make up it's mind a couple days before they go to the polls in November. Over in the Dem realm, I think the exit polls from Biden's big night this week serve as sufficient evidence that there's no shortage of people riding that middle rail who can be won over, even in that race, right up until they step into the booth.

Now, you asked a pretty concise question. "How would you define Bernie's base?" I defined it, distinctly. You then said that wasn't what you were asking.

I can't answer whatever question you thought you were asking. I answered the one you asked.

What's everyone's favorite Joe Biden policy?
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    It's unclear to me what you're saying here. If the assertion is that moderate voters don't actually exist come general election time, yes that's nonsense. I've read the 538 article, I didn't find anything within it to suggest that - I want to reiterate, in the general - a not insignificant chunk of the electorate doesn't make up it's mind a couple days before they go to the polls in November. Over in the Dem realm, I think the exit polls from Biden's big night this week serve as sufficient evidence that there's no shortage of people riding that middle rail who can be won over, even in that race, right up until they step into the booth.

Now, you asked a pretty concise question. "How would you define Bernie's base?" I defined it, distinctly. You then said that wasn't what you were asking.

I can't answer whatever question you thought you were asking. I answered the one you asked.
    And your answer defines 20% of the votes he's actually gotten. My suspicion is that it's a flawed definition of his base.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Bernie is a Jewish man who lost his family when they killed by Nazis during the Holocaust. So, you can **** right off with this, especially if that's your takeaway from some far-right dipshit waving a Nazi flag at a speech of his.

Questioning people's Jewishness is a classic antisemitism. If you were a little Muslim lady FNK would make a thread and post in it about 5,430 times telling us how horrible you are. But he's a bad faith moron who is only motivated by his Islamaphobia, not some sense of morality. Bernie has spoken on his faith plenty but he is a Jew, end of story. In fact, he is the most viable Jew in this country. Just because he doesn't meet your standards means nothing. It just means you said something really stupid.

Remember Chris Matthews compared him to the Nazis too?

Yet all anyone can talk about, including the seemingly like-minded Elizabeth Warren, are vague internet trolls and emojis. All in an effort to stop him from becoming President.
    Heh, good luck with this.

Practicing (read: actual) Jews don't like Bernie. They haven't liked Bernie. They aren't going to start liking Bernie as he nestles up harder and harder to Palestine. My neighborhood is adjacent to a heavily Jewish community so I've had plenty of opportunities to ask them about it, and boy oh boy do they not care for ya boy.

What the left did to Matthews was embarrassing. Nobody in their right mind believed he was attempting to make Bernie Sanders out to be a Nazi, but that of course didn't matter. I actually applaud him for basically saying "**** it, I'm out." I've said this before, I'll keep saying it - stuff like what they tried doing to Matthews is how Trump wins.

And your answer defines 20% of the votes he's actually gotten. .
    How are you measuring this?

Heh, good luck with this.

Practicing (read: actual) Jews don't like Bernie. They haven't liked Bernie. They aren't going to start liking Bernie as he nestles up harder and harder to Palestine. My neighborhood is adjacent to a heavily Jewish community so I've had plenty of opportunities to ask them about it, and boy oh boy do they not care for ya boy.

What the left did to Matthews was embarrassing. Nobody in their right mind believed he was attempting to make Bernie Sanders out to be a Nazi, but that of course didn't matter. I actually applaud him for basically saying "**** it, I'm out." I've said this before, I'll keep saying it - stuff like what they tried doing to Matthews is how Trump wins.
    That may be true about your Jewish neighbors. But whether someone is Jewish or not is in no way dependent on whether other Jews like them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That may be true about your Jewish neighbors. But whether someone is Jewish or not is in no way dependent on whether other Jews like them or not.
    I'm not sure if you're familiar with tribalism or not but it's a thing that exists. It's not in any way unique to Jews, of course. But it sure does exist.

Now, that's not to even say that tribalism is specifically the case here. It's actually not a matter of liking Bernie because he's Jewish, or not liking him because he's not Jewish - which would be more akin to conventional tribalism. What we have here is some quasi variant, where actual, practicing Jews are overwhelmingly not in favor of Bernie Sanders because of how he identifies as wholly Jewish and plays up his Jewish pride when it's politically convenient, when in reality he is explicitly ethnically Jewish, and nothing more. I've met real life Jews, and not one or two, who are terrified of what a Sanders presidency would mean for Israel. This isn't some half-cocked narrative; this is a very real, observable thing, whether the Bernie camps wants it to be or not.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with tribalism or not but it's a thing that exists. It's not in any way unique to Jews, of course. But it sure does exist.

Now, that's not to even say that tribalism is specifically the case here. It's actually not a matter of liking Bernie because he's Jewish, or not liking him because he's not Jewish - which would be more akin to conventional tribalism. What we have here is some quasi variant, where actual, practicing Jews are overwhelmingly not in favor of Bernie Sanders because of how he identifies as wholly Jewish and plays up his Jewish pride when it's politically convenient, when in reality he is explicitly ethnically Jewish, and nothing more. I've met real life Jews, and not one or two, who are terrified of what a Sanders presidency would mean for Israel. This isn't some half-cocked narrative; this is a very real, observable thing, whether the Bernie camps wants it to be or not.
    Did you observe real life Jews in their natural environment? If so please post the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    What's everyone's favorite Joe Biden policy?
    His trump bad policy is really enticing

It's absolutely hilarious Dems are voting for him. He's suffering from ****ing dementia lol

How are you measuring this?
    With some very rough math, admittedly. You are looking at a demo that makes up 15-20% of the votes. Bernies is getting about half of those. So 20-30% maybe. Still an odd metric to measure where his support lies. Do you imagine that age gives us the best picture of what his supporters believe or how they behave?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Did you observe real life Jews in their natural environment? If so please post the pictures
    A poster on this forum considered turnaround a "quality" poster. That same poster, however, went on to mention that Truman was a better president than FDR LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Worthwhile post.

I'm not disputing it's an observable phenomenon. I'm pointing out Bernie Sanders is Jewish, whether you want him to be or not or whether he is hated by Jews or not. I'm not saying because he's Jewish he should be liked by Jews or that he is liked by them. But I agree with Manram that questioning his Jewish-ness because he disagrees with the typical Jewish position has shades of anti-Semitism.

With some very rough math, admittedly. You are looking at a demo that makes up 15-20% of the votes. Bernies is getting about half of those. So 20-30% maybe. Still an odd metric to measure where his support lies. Do you imagine that age gives us the best picture of what his supporters believe or how they behave?
    I have to concede, you've totally lost me here.

I had you up until 20-30%, I don't even know to what you're referring in that line.

In answer to your last sentence, I again really have no idea what you're asking. Does age give us the best picture of what a Bernie Sanders supporter believes? You never asked what a Bernie Sanders supporter believes.

With regard to behavior, if that was referencing my caps lock Twitter comment, someone of any age can be a loud insufferable Twitter monster. That said, I don't think categorizing the bulk of those as 20something is inaccurate, no.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm not disputing it's an observable phenomenon. I'm pointing out Bernie Sanders is Jewish, whether you want him to be or not or whether he is hated by Jews or not. I'm not saying because he's Jewish he should be liked by Jews or that he is liked by them. But I agree with Manram that questioning his Jewish-ness because he disagrees with the typical Jewish position has shades of anti-Semitism.
    Ok. Well. Lot of anti-Semitic Jews out there, I guess.

What a time to be alive.