Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 531 of 993 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533541581631 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 14882
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    What things do you guys think Trump runs (or, "runs") to the left of Biden on?
    Marijuana. I have a feeling Trump is going to federally legalize it or something along those lines to get more votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

edit: whatever
    Last edited by ManRam; 03-06-2020 at 12:03 PM. Reason: don't care
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    These are all perfectly valid points but I can't imagine any scenario where his VP won't be a woman. My betting favorites would be:

1 Kamala
    2 Someone not really at all talked about or spotlighted in the past year
    --Tier--
    3 Amy
    4 Tulsi
    5 Warren
    --Tier--
    6 Mia Love
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    7 Michelle Obama
    I think I’ve asked this before but you don’t think Biden and Kamala’s issues with bussing and race become a point of talk?

I can see it now the other side saying “Biden the racist picks Kamala as his VP just to court the black vote” while focusing on their beef from the debates and calling Kamala a sell out for helping Joe after making those accusations.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Marijuana. I have a feeling Trump is going to federally legalize it or something along those lines to get more votes.

I haven't seen any indication from Trump that he would do this. I would love to see the Democrats come out on it. It's long past time for it to be legalized (not decriminalized).
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Yeah, that's a good guess.

I think he'll do it with foreign policy like he did against Hillary.

I think he'll try to run to the left on criminal justice reform. Biden is an easy target for that.

Lots more, but this is just something I realized is probably going to happen this morning. I'm getting really worried about how Biden fares. I also truly think it's fair to question his mental state right now. He forgot Obama's name, again. I think there's a chance they craft the perfect ways to handle Trump in a debate but I really am worried he gets tossed around like a rag doll up there. Bernie hasn't even hit him with 1/100th of what someone who doesn't need to worry about what other Democrats think of him will.

And we're going to spend months talking about Burisma instead of healthcare. Can't wait!
    HELLO

I think he'll try to run to the left on criminal justice reform. Biden is an easy target for that.

Lots more, but this is just something I realized is probably going to happen this morning. I'm getting really worried about how Biden fares. I also truly think it's fair to question his mental state right now. He forgot Obama's name, again. I think there's a chance they craft the perfect ways to handle Trump in a debate but I really am worried he gets tossed around like a rag doll up there. Bernie hasn't even hit him with 1/100th of what someone who doesn't need to worry about what other Democrats think of him will.

And we're going to spend months talking about Burisma instead of healthcare. Can't wait!
    Thinking about the BS Trump is going to do as this gets serious is just depressing.

4 years ago I was saying that I hoped the Dems cleaned up their house and put their best foot forward. Now I'm looking at another 4 years of hoping the same thing.

I think I’ve asked this before but you don’t think Biden and Kamala’s issues with bussing and race become a point of talk?

I can see it now the other side saying “Biden the racist picks Kamala as his VP just to court the black vote” while focusing on their beef from the debates and calling Kamala a sell out for helping Joe after making those accusations.

I think the spin would be "look how we've united in order to overcome the evil orange man." I think that plays pretty well. Personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Kamala would be a great pick and I would have no problem with her being chosen. But I look at what's happening in Texas already and I think we can speed it up. Nobody is talking about this but the current balance of power in the Texas House of Representatives is 83-67. That means that if there were just 8 seats to go the other way, Democrats could be in equal standing in the Texas House! 9 and they take control. Do you know how earth shaking it would be seen as if the California Assembly wasn't 61-18 for Democrats but suddenly became 44-36 for Democrats?

If I'm Joe, I stick my foot into that pool and stir it all around. And it's not like Julian isn't qualified. The man was a mayor of San Antonio and was HUD Secretary under Obama. I think you juice the vote in Texas and have a damn good chance of winning the state with where Joe's poll numbers already are.
    Personally I think Julian Castro is a bit of a dope but I mean, whatever. He could do worse. Would still be stunned, like jaw on floor stunned, if it wasn't a woman.

See we actually do agree on some things.

This is a layup.

These are all perfectly valid points but I can't imagine any scenario where his VP won't be a woman. My betting favorites would be:

1 Kamala
    2 Someone not really at all talked about or spotlighted in the past year
    --Tier--
    3 Amy
    4 Tulsi
    5 Warren
    --Tier--
    6 Mia Love
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    --Tier--
    7 Michelle Obama
    Cheeseburger Abrams would be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Cheeseburger Abrams would be in the mix.
    I think this would be the only VP scenario, the only plausible one anyway, that would cause centrists who've already decided on Biden to take one more look at Trump. That's without mentioning centrists who haven't decided on anybody yet - several million people.

But, you're not wrong. She's in there.

Marijuana…maybe since it is inevitable anyway.

I think Trump will also play up pulling troops out of Afghanistan…people are sick of it, and (most of all) Trump had nothing to do with sending troops there in the first place. No way he can look bad by pulling troops out.

There is a long way to go before the election and stuff always pops up (like that Ford woman Feinstein dragged out of nowhere at the last second during the Kavanaugh hearing).

Mayby Ruth Ginsburg will buy the farm and we can have near riots over Trump's nominee for the SC. That should be a good one.

Expect some women complaining about Trump around September/October. More tax return whining. Economy slow dow. Complaints about handling the virus situation. Possible 2nd impeachment (how could anyone vote for the only president that was impeached twice????)

I'm actually surprised no one has come up with some kind of tawdry linkage with Hope Hicks yet. Trump seems to like her. Maybe that's coming.

Can't tell if serious.
    That would be sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    My early concern with Biden compared to Sanders was Biden seemed to be winning all the states that were going to go for Trump anyway. But after Super Tuesday Biden won several states that will be pivotal in the election.
    Among dems that voted in the primary, which is the issue. The bet here, and in 2016, is/was whether base wont show up to vote for bernie or that bernie's base wont show up for joe. Look at who those voters are and what motivates them.

Always keep in mind that the Clintons and Obamas are in the background.

There are still plenty of strings to be pulled.