Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Sad day today..... Bernie should be doing a second term speech today

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post

Until we have actual laws about how primaries are run we'll never get someone like Bernie to vote for when it matters.

My dream is that this day at least ends the TDS (but I bet it won't)

It does not matter how Donald Trump left Washington, his legacy is set in stone. He used fear and hate as a weapon for his own political gain and constantly lied to further his cause, actions that came to a head on January 6th when his supporters, on his behalf, attacked the Capitol with the intent to murder his own Vice President for not being sufficiently loyal. That is the defining moment of his Presidency, and the last thing most people will remember him by.

Even if the Senate doesn't convict, they need 67 votes to do so, it only takes 51 votes to ban him from running for political office in the future. Considering the Senate will vote with a 50-50 split, I find it likely he'll at least be banned from running for office in the future. He has no one to blame but himself that he will go down as the worst President in modern history.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    It does not matter how Donald Trump left Washington, his legacy is set in stone. He used fear and hate as a weapon for his own political gain and constantly lied to further his cause, actions that came to a head on January 6th when his supporters, on his behalf, attacked the Capitol with the intent to murder his own Vice President for not being sufficiently loyal. That is the defining moment of his Presidency, and the last thing most people will remember him by.

Even if the Senate doesn't convict, they need 67 votes to do so, it only takes 51 votes to ban him from running for political office in the future. Considering the Senate will vote with a 50-50 split, I find it likely he'll at least be banned from running for office in the future. He has no one to blame but himself that he will go down as the worst President in modern history.
    They can only prevent him from running again if convicted. They can't just get 51 votes to ban him without getting the 67 votes first.

After 2 years of Biden the House and Senate will flip again. Policy will hurt Biden more than what he thinks if he wants the Dems to be there in the WH in 2024.

And watch the Pen being pulled out of his shirt to sign all of his executive orders.

But the difference on here is that is ok for Biden to do it.

When Trump did the same it was OMG!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; Today at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post

Definitely a bit bittersweet. I'm thrilled Trump is gone but I'm still having a hard time being terribly excited about who's taking over. And I'm still deeply worried about the future.

But all-in-all, it's a great day. I'll try not to be a Debbie Downer for today and today only!
    HELLO

The crazies are out on social media. They say Trumps exit speech is encrypted. The military will arrest Biden right before the inauguration and take control for 6 weeks returning the presidency in March to Trump. This is coming from Bongino and his followers.

9. Today, 11:07 AM
    Reason
    Trolling/off topic/baiting

10. Today, 11:08 AM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

11. Today, 11:11 AM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

Is there any way I can block Specials posts from even when he gets replied too. Jeez. Immediately trying to push the narrative into whataboutism territory.

And please everyone let this be the one thread that we don't let him ruin lol. I want to enjoy this, not talk about the same **** he always gets people to talk about by being absolutely dim.

14. Today, 11:15 AM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    After 2 years of Biden the House and Senate will flip again. Policy will hurt Biden more than what he thinks if he wants the Dems to be there in the WH in 2024.

And watch the Pen being pulled out of his shirt to sign all of his executive orders.

But the difference on here is that is ok for Biden to do it.

When Trump did the same it was OMG!
    Is this the Republican party for eternity?

How bout we call the shots as we see them?

Yeah, that's why you don't want to pass things by executive order. Easily undone. Maybe if Trump wasn't such a **** POTUS he'd be able to pass things through his majority congress.

And so comes an end to one of the dumbest periods in American history. In the words of the great Greg Graffin,

“When the darkness has begun,
    We decree the pen more mighty than the gun.
    Watching fools believe as one,
    In this unrepentant age of unreason.”

Americans should be happy. They immediately gain more respect and credibility around the globe.

18. Today, 11:21 AM
    Reason
    Baiting-stop

Thank god. Been a long four years for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    They can only prevent him from running again if convicted. They can't just get 51 votes to ban him without getting the 67 votes first.
    Actually, it would be a separate vote from the impeachment vote, but they can ban him by invoking Article three of the 14th amendment. The 14th amendment was imposed after the Civil War, and Article three of the Amendment says anyone who participates in an insurrection against the United States is ineligible for state and federal office. It also grants Congress the authority to determine if an insurrection occurred and who participated in it. Unlike an Impeachment trial, it only takes a simple majority to pass.

So if impeachment fails to get 67 yea votes, they can vote to invoke the 14th amendment.

Note-If the 14th amendment passes, it can be overturned with 2/3 vote in both chambers of Congress.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast