Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    52,499

    Inauguration Day

    Post about today’s events here


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,970
    Sad day today..... Bernie should be doing a second term speech today

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Sad day today..... Bernie should be doing a second term speech today

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Until we have actual laws about how primaries are run we'll never get someone like Bernie to vote for when it matters.

    My dream is that this day at least ends the TDS (but I bet it won't)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,211
    It does not matter how Donald Trump left Washington, his legacy is set in stone. He used fear and hate as a weapon for his own political gain and constantly lied to further his cause, actions that came to a head on January 6th when his supporters, on his behalf, attacked the Capitol with the intent to murder his own Vice President for not being sufficiently loyal. That is the defining moment of his Presidency, and the last thing most people will remember him by.

    Even if the Senate doesn't convict, they need 67 votes to do so, it only takes 51 votes to ban him from running for political office in the future. Considering the Senate will vote with a 50-50 split, I find it likely he'll at least be banned from running for office in the future. He has no one to blame but himself that he will go down as the worst President in modern history.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    It does not matter how Donald Trump left Washington, his legacy is set in stone. He used fear and hate as a weapon for his own political gain and constantly lied to further his cause, actions that came to a head on January 6th when his supporters, on his behalf, attacked the Capitol with the intent to murder his own Vice President for not being sufficiently loyal. That is the defining moment of his Presidency, and the last thing most people will remember him by.

    Even if the Senate doesn't convict, they need 67 votes to do so, it only takes 51 votes to ban him from running for political office in the future. Considering the Senate will vote with a 50-50 split, I find it likely he'll at least be banned from running for office in the future. He has no one to blame but himself that he will go down as the worst President in modern history.
    They can only prevent him from running again if convicted. They can't just get 51 votes to ban him without getting the 67 votes first.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,342
    After 2 years of Biden the House and Senate will flip again. Policy will hurt Biden more than what he thinks if he wants the Dems to be there in the WH in 2024.


    And watch the Pen being pulled out of his shirt to sign all of his executive orders.

    But the difference on here is that is ok for Biden to do it.

    When Trump did the same it was OMG!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; Today at 10:55 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    74,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Sad day today..... Bernie should be doing a second term speech today

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Definitely a bit bittersweet. I'm thrilled Trump is gone but I'm still having a hard time being terribly excited about who's taking over. And I'm still deeply worried about the future.

    But all-in-all, it's a great day. I'll try not to be a Debbie Downer for today and today only!
    HELLO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,295
    The crazies are out on social media. They say Trumps exit speech is encrypted. The military will arrest Biden right before the inauguration and take control for 6 weeks returning the presidency in March to Trump. This is coming from Bongino and his followers.

  9. Today, 11:07 AM
    Reason
    Trolling/off topic/baiting

  10. Today, 11:08 AM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

  11. Today, 11:11 AM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,002
    Is there any way I can block Specials posts from even when he gets replied too. Jeez. Immediately trying to push the narrative into whataboutism territory.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,002
    And please everyone let this be the one thread that we don't let him ruin lol. I want to enjoy this, not talk about the same **** he always gets people to talk about by being absolutely dim.

  14. Today, 11:15 AM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    After 2 years of Biden the House and Senate will flip again. Policy will hurt Biden more than what he thinks if he wants the Dems to be there in the WH in 2024.


    And watch the Pen being pulled out of his shirt to sign all of his executive orders.

    But the difference on here is that is ok for Biden to do it.

    When Trump did the same it was OMG!
    Is this the Republican party for eternity?

    How bout we call the shots as we see them?

    Yeah, that's why you don't want to pass things by executive order. Easily undone. Maybe if Trump wasn't such a **** POTUS he'd be able to pass things through his majority congress.

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,091
    And so comes an end to one of the dumbest periods in American history. In the words of the great Greg Graffin,

    “When the darkness has begun,
    We decree the pen more mighty than the gun.
    Watching fools believe as one,
    In this unrepentant age of unreason.”

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    14,295
    Americans should be happy. They immediately gain more respect and credibility around the globe.

  18. Today, 11:21 AM
    Reason
    Baiting-stop

  19. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,025
    Thank god. Been a long four years for everyone.

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,211
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    They can only prevent him from running again if convicted. They can't just get 51 votes to ban him without getting the 67 votes first.
    Actually, it would be a separate vote from the impeachment vote, but they can ban him by invoking Article three of the 14th amendment. The 14th amendment was imposed after the Civil War, and Article three of the Amendment says anyone who participates in an insurrection against the United States is ineligible for state and federal office. It also grants Congress the authority to determine if an insurrection occurred and who participated in it. Unlike an Impeachment trial, it only takes a simple majority to pass.

    So if impeachment fails to get 67 yea votes, they can vote to invoke the 14th amendment.

    Note-If the 14th amendment passes, it can be overturned with 2/3 vote in both chambers of Congress.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •