Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 760 of 872 FirstFirst ... 260660710750758759760761762770810860 ... LastLast
Results 11,386 to 11,400 of 13068
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yep. We minimize the risk. And we absolutely can do that with kids going to school.
    Whether we like it or not, the best way to minimize the mortality risk is to ask (or demand) that people over 60 self-quarantine. I doubt, however, we can minimize the infection rate with schools open.

But keep in mind that this is going to demand a lot of additional health care, and as we know health care is not free. The industry will most definitely be passing the bill along to us. So, we will be paying.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yep. We minimize the risk. And we absolutely can do that with kids going to school.
    How. We canít get grown ups to adhere to guidelines, Iím not sure how we get kids to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lol at democrats excited over Harris

LOL at anyone voting for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I am ok with th pick, would of preferred Warren, but knew a woman of color was the more likable pick.
    Warren had a real vision and identity. I think sheís ruin her value by attaching to Biden and could overshadow him.

With Harris he checks the identity boxes he needs to and has someone who can handle the attack while he rides the moderate fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Whether we like it or not, the best way to minimize the mortality risk is to ask (or demand) that people over 60 self-quarantine. I doubt, however, we can minimize the infection rate with schools open.

But keep in mind that this is going to demand a lot of additional health care, and as we know health care is not free. The industry will most definitely be passing the bill along to us. So, we will be paying.
    I think this would have been a good tactic back in February. Isolate at risk people and let the rest contract and create some herd immunity.

But with the way our citizens are reacting and not putting the greater group ahead of themselves (like other successful countries), I donít see how we donít have another full lockdown for four weeks to get this back under control.

Itís been so mismanaged in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Warren had a real vision and identity. I think sheís ruin her value by attaching to Biden and could overshadow him.

With Harris he checks the identity boxes he needs to and has someone who can handle the attack while he rides the moderate fence.

Hillary won over Obama in placing her girl on the ticket. Kamala will do as she is told, unlike the loose cannon Warren. Biden's donors won as well in keeping Warren off the ticket. Hey, Warren every get the feeling that you have been used? A cop on the ticket, I don't think that will go over well with the black youth section of the party. Cops will love it because neither Biden nor Harris will challenge their tactics. If social unrest continues into Biden's administration, I don't see him doing anything different than Trump outside using federal agents. Kamala never champions any progressive issue so this is purely a moderate ticket.

Next, watch wall street and big business fill government positions without a progressive in sight. Same old, same old.

On the bright side, FOX and republicans will take this virus more seriously and weaponize it against Biden and democrat.

Oh yeah, Biden is still going deeper into senility, so that will give FOX and the republicans something to target. The guy was making verbal missteps when he was young, just imagine the fun they will have with him now that he is losing his mental ability.

I don't live in a swing state so my not voting to support this farce won't matter.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

The 2020 Presidential Race

I think this would have been a good tactic back in February. Isolate at risk people and let the rest contract and create some herd immunity.

But with the way our citizens are reacting and not putting the greater group ahead of themselves (like other successful countries), I donít see how we donít have another full lockdown for four weeks to get this back under control.

Itís been so mismanaged in every way.

How do you isolate them? Put them on an island? If you allow it run rampant among one group I donít see how they will not infect the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

LOL at anyone voting for Trump.

I couldnít even imagine doing that. Iím crawling over molten glass to vote for Biden.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Yeah thatís fair. The left is politicizing him for gain with memes and only knowing his name because he contradicts Trump.

But as far as infectious disease heís brilliant and has served past presidents well. Heís not a figurehead, he still gets in the lab and treatment facilities and gets dirty.

The inconsistency is not entirely on him. This disease across the board has been challenging to keep up with and keeps creating variants so weíre constantly learning new things about it.

I mean we just recently discovered that contracting it may only give you a few weeks of immunity
    . That drastically changes the measures we take and what kind of vaccine is realistic.

I do wonder what a solution looks like at this point. Itís gotten so crazy. Asymptomatic carries and people carrying for a week or two without symptoms really creates some challenging thoughts on tactics compared to a flu or other disease.

So the first bold is just science. This happened in another thread where we discussed how it works. You take all the data you have in front of you and you act in a way that is most consistent with the data in front of you. So you can technically be wrong, while also doing the most logical thing. And there will always be some misinformed yahoo who says TOLD YA SO! Even though they were basing their ideas on a hill of beans.

The second bold... We most certainly do not KNOW that. The media ran with this King's College of London Study and presented it in the most dire way possible. Because... well that's what they do... and scientists generally can't write for ****.
    Last edited by flips333; 08-11-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Trump is a big fan of Harris. Donated to her two times.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...citizen-2020-8

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Hopefully we do get Senator Barbara Lee out of this though!

OK. I'm done.

Again, it feels like the obvious pick in hindsight. I also don't think it actually matters much electorally who he picked. At least it's not Tim Kaine!
    This 68 year old guy I know who drinks a lot and does a lot of cocaine told me back in November that the Democrats ticket would be Biden-Harris.

So, yeah.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Itís never been pro life, but pro controlling women.
    Shhhh. Youíre not allowed to say that out loud.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Hi flips,

In point of fact, what we don't know about this virus would fill volumes.

The way that a virus may act within our body will not be determined with certainty for years. Just ask anyone who has shingles and finds out it was chickenpox they contracted as a child. This is what keeps me up at night about children going back to school.

From my reading, the education of all the bad things this does to the parts of the body, not labeled lungs, keeps growing.

I in no way am saying I know, what I am saying is no one knows and anyone who makes a declarative statement that they know the totality is just wrong.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Trump is a big fan of Harris. Donated to her two times.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...citizen-2020-8
    Actually, he donated once, at the same time the Trump Organization made a donation, and at the same time Ivanka made a donation. I am not sure how you count it.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

Welcome back. This place is great and wonderful and smart and cool. You won't regret this decision to log in again!
    HELLO