Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 756 of 885 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806856 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,340 of 13263
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Average age of death from covid-19: 71 to 78 depending on the source

Let that sink in.
    No ****. **** 'em though I guess, ay?

WAIT A SECOND THOUGH: Donnie boi is 74. As long as he's okay, I'm okay.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

You're such a pansy. The age of death absolutely matters. We are discussing children going back to school and the average age of death from covid absolutely ****ing matters in that discussion. If the average age of death from covid is 78 years old, you have absolutely no argument against sending kids back to school. None. Zilch.

Add in the fact that the average flu kills way more kids than covid and none of you are telling us our kids can't go back to school during flu season....geesh....hypocrisy much?
    Only pansies care about the older generation! Only pansies realize that children can both spread the virus and die from it!

My goodness. You'll say anything to defend your incompetent buffoon of a hero. This attitude towards your fellow Americans you have is ****ing foul and you deserve zero sympathy if/when this virus lays out someone you care for (or yourself).

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Fair enough. I should start drinking earlier in the day.

But seriously ď...my profile has been greatly enhanced over the last 3.5 year periodĒ?

Grumpy? Yes.

Old? Yes.

Entitled? Depends, I suppose. Iím not entirely sure what you mean by it, but if I am, I am not unhappy that it comes at your expense.
    He was just projecting. I wouldn't take a thing he says seriously.

. If the average age of death from covid is 78 years old, you have absolutely no argument against sending kids back to school. None. Zilch.

?
    That's not how spread works.

If the numbers skyrocket amongst children 15 and under, the numbers will also skyrocket amongst elderly people over 70.

THATS how it works. It makes a big difference for the overall numbers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That's not how spread works.

If the numbers skyrocket amongst children 15 and under, the numbers will also skyrocket amongst elderly people over 70.

THATS how it works. It makes a big difference for the overall numbers.
    He knows all that. Everybody does.

What heís arguing for is pretty simple.

Schoolchildren are unlikely to die from Covid-19. Let them go to school.

Their teachers, workers, and parents under the age of, say, 60 may get the disease and spread it much further to colleagues, etc., and some will die, for sure, but most will survive.

Teachers over 60 should probably be retired anyway and the ones that donít want to risk it arenít suited for the job.

As for grandparents, older colleagues, and the like, many will eventually get the disease as it moves up the ladder, and a far greater percentage will die (itís called culling out the weak), but still, most will recover.

Allow this the run its course until (a) vaccine or (b) herd immunity, and in the meantime fire up the economy.

In the end, you just all the sick and dead ďcollateral damageĒ, and meanwhile the fortunate enhance their profiles.

I mean, it is disappointing that we're 5 months into 'recovery' and in many ways worse off than before. My 5 yr old nephew in Hawaii has been very good about understanding the occasional Zoom call with buddies was all he could do for months, but was excited to be going back to school. Hawaii had done very well.....until recently, and now had just enough of a spike that he has to do remote learning for at least the first month or so still.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Biden is no Hillary. The American people now know that Trump is a joke. Biden is going to win Pennsylvania and Michigan. The african american community, suburban women have had enough. Trump hasn't expanded his base. That is why republicans are trying to get Kanye on the ballot to take away votes from Biden. Trump won last time by pulling off a straight flush. This time he will need to pull a royal flush to win. 1 card/1 state will be his undoing this time around.
    Ok but even then, every Dem should win MI and PA.

OH likely isnít coming back to the Dems. So unless Biden genuinely has a shot at flipping AZ and NC, or Florida, Iím still struggling to see a Biden win.

Theyíd seriously need a crazy wave of blue moderates taking back FL, OH and MO, but with how polarized and tribal we are Iím just not confident in that.

I think Ohio is a lost cause for them and it comes down to Florida. Lot of time though so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Funny. Hillary and the Dems still think the 2016 election was stolen from them. Hillary is still going around claiming it was rigged but you donít say **** about it because itís your party

How many more times do I have to say this: Iím not a democrat, I did not vote Dem for president in the last two elections.

And saying something is rigged is just whiny messaging stuff. They never actually act on anything. Thatís what I respect about the GOP. If the sides were flipped and the GOP thought a Dem didnít rightfully win the election, they would hold up anything to challenge it or stop it.

Dems donít do that anymore. Even their impeachment was weak. There are plenty of legitimate and strong impeachment charges they could have pursued but the only thing that set them off was going after their presidential candidate. So weak.

Winning by purposely shutting down the economy to hurt it because they canít run on actual policies.

Itís going to be hilarious when itís January and everything goes back to normal when Biden gets in. Maybe CNN and MSNBC can take down that stupid counter they have

Holy **** you actually think retail was **** down for political gain.

Good lord what nonsense are you watching and listening to these days?

And yet Trump is trying to win by purposely gutting the postal service because he's scared of the results of mail in voting.

He said that this wasnít a big deal. He said that people shouldnít wear masks. Heís taking a 180 on almost everything. The guy has been clueless about the virus and liberals love him because he trashes on Trump

Youíre willfully ignorant on this. You chose political taking heads for info on health and mask use instead of actual health experts.

We didnít know in the beginning. It wasnít asked for because the importance was reserving masks for healthcare workers. They also recommended gloves and wiping down groceries.

Once we knew more about how it spreads (through the air and not by touching things) they made an updated recommendation.

I donít know how youíre making this a ďliberalĒ thing. Fauci is incredibly well schooled, experienced and the leading mind in infectious disease in the US who has served Obama and Bush.

But you think anything that may adversely effect the economy is just to go after Trump? Youíre as thin skinned and ego driven as Trump is if thatís the case.

This was in February

Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."

"We have more kids dying of flu this year at this time than in the last decade or more," he said. "At the same time people are worrying about going to a Chinese restaurant. The threat is (we have) a pretty bad influenza season, particularly dangerous for our children."

The person who was this big expert in this disease said that the virus isnít something to worry about. You donít need to wear masks etc

And now we are supposed to believe everything he says about masks, goggles etc?

Yeah why we would we accept the fact that we could possibly learn more every day about a virus that is brand new.

Wtf man. This is seriously batshit crazy to make this political.

Fauci is a ****ing idiot glorified by the left.
    Well this is the dumbest thing youíve ever posted. I know youíre smarter than this. Brewers is drifting off as a political hack, but seriously, you canít think Fauci is an idiot unless you just donít know about him.

Do some research into his background and how heís served both parties and come back please.

Itís so sad what Trump has done to conservatives. I canít believe the **** he has you guys believing.

Republicans used to be the responsible parent in the room. But now theyíll bow to a thin skinned moron who doesnít care about them over disease experts just to support the party.

This is pathetic.

I'll answer for you: As of 8/1 there have been 30 deaths among children under 15 years old.
    How many at risk group people catch it from kids?

We donít know.

So we minimize the risk.

This isnít hard to grasp.