Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 447 of 580 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 8687
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I think Bloomberg's press release where he "named names" in regards to the viscous attacks highlighted what this is really all about. Brie Joy Gray, Nina Turner and David Sirota were the Bernie Bros he named and the tweets he submitted as evidence were laughable. They just were calling him a racist plutocrat. The later is clearly true and the former is based in plenty of evidence. And they're being labeled "attacks". I've seen people demand them to step down for those tweets. Which are utterly benign.

Yes, there are a lot of Sanders supporters that are incredibly passionate about the policy they support. Because to a lot of people this policy matters. Sanders' platform inherently means a lot more to a lot more people than anyone else's because it actually seeks to directly help out the countless that have been left behind. When they, or I, see Jenifer Rubin, David Frum, Bret Stephens, Max Boot or any of the countless conservatives that spew out bad faith attacks on his policy and himself from the right, well, they WILL get piled on. And that rules. There is nothing wrong with that. They're punching up and mocking nonsense. And most of what everyone is upset about is just that. Who cares?

Additionally, I think Sanders has always conducted himself at a higher standard than just about every other politician in this country. Now that Bernie has essentially won the argument over policy, has been remarkably consistent over the course of his career and is the most popular politician, you have to focus on other things. Manufacture more outrage. So what's left? BERNIE BROS. So that's the number one issue because it's all those who want to continue the centrist status quo have left. Also, this IS the internet. I'm an ******* to plenty of people here...most of us are. Let's not pretend there aren't countless supporters of other politicians that aren't uncouth online

I also don't think the Bernie Bro thing works. I didn't really work in 2016, it's clearly not working now. Why?Because most of this country isn't 1/10000th as online as us or anyone who cares about "Bernie Bros" are.

Oh, and he has the most diverse group of supporters so keep reducing them all to "Bernie Bros". That's a great look!

He also answered the Town Hall question wonderfully last night.
    Ah dad, you beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Calling the Trump supporters deplorable was 100% true...the criticism of Bernie's supporters contains strong elements of truth. On the Democratic side, the Bernie Bros and the Yang Gang are extremely viscous when someone dares question the leader.
    Would you call the independents, who voted for Trump that? Or the ones who voted for Obama twice? Why alienate them before the poll opens or enrage them to get out and vote against you as Hillary did? If we change Trump supporters to a racial group, we would be shouting down the one who said it.
    I have stopped using this term because Trump supporters are desperate people who like me don't support the establishment candidates anymore and I hope that they come over to my candidate.

The vicious attacks that the other candidates are talking about are coming from internet trolls. If Bernie can magically stop all these internet trolls, something that has existed since the birth of the internet, he could make millions. We have all dealt with internet trolls and to blame Bernie for the actions of these uncontrollable people is laughable. For politicians to cry about internet trolls should mark them as unsuited for the job because of their snowflake fragile egos

The attacks on Bernie's supporters have come from mainstream news outlets, like CNN and MSNBC and political figures like Hillary and Perez, who would give up their left nut to have loyal and engage supporters like Bernie's supporters or even Trump's people. It is just stupid and weak-minded to attack the voters who are against them. They should work on winning them over not alienate them. It was dumb and politically lazy when Biden told people to vote for someone else if they disagree with his policies at his rally. LOL, and it looks like they did judging from his new poll position and the Iowa and NH results.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-19-2020 at 01:25 PM.

What’s wrong with being a bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What’s wrong with being a bro?

Ask Chris Matthews, Joy Reid, Clinton, and Perz. I am sure they will tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thanks Sluggo. A couple questions. What do you mean liberal policies towards family? I also don't get you view on abortion. I understand that you have a take it or leave kind of attitude and think it's importance is out sized. What I don't get is it seems like you think making it illegal would stop it from being a political issue. I don't see how. There is large group that is passionate about there opinion on both sides that will make noise. I'm a getting you right?
    Fair enough and I will try to clarify.

Family

I see family as the foundation of any civilized, well formed and well run society. All else emanates from these foundations. Social stability thrives on this foundation. All problems are mitigated by having a strong family unit. The strong work ethic comes from family units, as does a sensible outlook towards education. Strong family units create well adjusted young people with a sense of ethics, fairness and integrity. Also far less poverty.

Do you know anyone from a single parent household … everyone knows families like this. Multiple families like this. Many of today's males should feel humiliated as to how they take their responsibiities. Women should wonder how they could be so dumb as to get themselves into losing family situations.

I am not saying that single family households cannot thrive. Some do.Some of the women that runn these housholds and succeed are amazing. Even inspirational. I am saying that it is much easier to get by with two parents in the house. And we take a very lackadaisical approach to the old nuclear family. It's is even made fun of in some cases.

Abortion

I would not make it illegal. However if it became illegal that would not upset me (not going to happen)

I can live with abortion in the first trimester. I admit to not knowing when life begins but I do not believe a fetus can exist on its own during this period. Maybe it can. I don't believe it to be true. I do believe that an unwanted child can ruin the life of both the adult and that child if it is brought to term. Many women are ill prepared emotionally and financially to have a child and terminating that child in the first trimester is, in my opinion, the better thing to do.

It is wrong after that. It is certainly wrong in the third trimester. Partial birth abortion is clearly murder as is allowing a child to die shortly after birth. How this can be tolerated in a civilized society is beyond me. How anyone could support this is inexplicable.

Abortion in the US has become a national stain on our society. I wonder what other countries must think of our abortion rate. It is way too casual…many people don't give it a second thought. Supposedly, more blacks are aborted than born…think about that for a minute. How can anyone be comfortable with that???

I'd would support sex education, free condoms, free birth control pills, free abortions up to the first trimester. However the casualness with which we accept where we are is disturbing. It is also disturbing how this issue rules and decides many elections and how nutty some women get over this issue (pounding on the Supreme Court door after Kavanaugh !!! really???)

Hope I provided some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Ask Chris Matthews, Joy Reid, Clinton, and Perz. I am sure they will tell you.
    Did you see Chris drooling on air yesterday, claiming that Sanders would lose 49 states vs. Trump?

Then went on to bang out all the tired talking points after it. It was a masterclass in denial and nonsense.

But watch out! Don't be too harsh to Chris Matthews. Let him run his mouth and certainly don't dare call him out for being the buffoon he is.

EDIT: I just googled "Chris Matthews" and the first-five news articles that popped up were about this rant from The Washington Examiner, The Daily Caller, Free Beacon, Fox News and Hot Air. Birds of a feather...
    Last edited by ManRam; 02-19-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

Did you see Chris drooling on air yesterday, claiming that Sanders would lose 49 states vs. Trump?

Then went on to bang out all the tired talking points after it. It was a masterclass in denial and nonsense.

But watch out! Don't be too harsh to Chris Matthews. Let him run his mouth and certainly don't dare call him out for being the buffoon he is.
    I haven't watch MSNBC in years because of their purely centrist views and anti-progressive spews. I only see snippets on the internet. I use to be die-hard watcher a few years ago. I think it started with their obsession with Russia/Trump's angle. I tell you another person I use to love that I have sour on is Bill Maher. He has become laughable for his reasons for supporting Klobuchar and Bloomberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Fair enough and I will try to clarify.

Family

I see family as the foundation of any civilized, well formed and well run society. All else emanates from these foundations. Social stability thrives on this foundation. All problems are mitigated by having a strong family unit. The strong work ethic comes from family units, as does a sensible outlook towards education. Strong family units create well adjusted young people with a sense of ethics, fairness and integrity. Also far less poverty.

Do you know anyone from a single parent household … everyone knows families like this. Multiple families like this. Many of today's males should feel humiliated as to how they take their responsibiities. Women should wonder how they could be so dumb as to get themselves into losing family situations.

I am not saying that single family households cannot thrive. Some do.Some of the women that runn these housholds and succeed are amazing. Even inspirational. I am saying that it is much easier to get by with two parents in the house. And we take a very lackadaisical approach to the old nuclear family. It's is even made fun of in some cases.

Abortion

I would not make it illegal. However if it became illegal that would not upset me (not going to happen)

I can live with abortion in the first trimester. I admit to not knowing when life begins but I do not believe a fetus can exist on its own during this period. Maybe it can. I don't believe it to be true. I do believe that an unwanted child can ruin the life of both the adult and that child if it is brought to term. Many women are ill prepared emotionally and financially to have a child and terminating that child in the first trimester is, in my opinion, the better thing to do.

It is wrong after that. It is certainly wrong in the third trimester. Partial birth abortion is clearly murder as is allowing a child to die shortly after birth. How this can be tolerated in a civilized society is beyond me. How anyone could support this is inexplicable.

Abortion in the US has become a national stain on our society. I wonder what other countries must think of our abortion rate. It is way too casual…many people don't give it a second thought. Supposedly, more blacks are aborted than born…think about that for a minute. How can anyone be comfortable with that???

I'd would support sex education, free condoms, free birth control pills, free abortions up to the first trimester. However the casualness with which we accept where we are is disturbing. It is also disturbing how this issue rules and decides many elections and how nutty some women get over this issue (pounding on the Supreme Court door after Kavanaugh !!! really???)

Hope I provided some clarification.
    I'm pretty sure those are illegal in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I haven't watch MSNBC in years because of their purely centrist views and anti-progressive spews. I only see snippets on the internet. I use to be die-hard watcher a few years ago. I think it started with their obsession with Russia/Trump's angle. I tell you another person I use to love that I have sour on is Bill Maher. He has become laughable for his reasons for supporting Klobuchar and Bloomberg.
    I never got into Maher, even when I was a weird Christopher Hitchens/Sam Harris fanboy neolib who thought my atheism was a personality trait. I remember when I got HBO with my roommates in college and the only thing I was excited for was Real Time. I watched it for a couple weeks and that was about all I could take. Just never thought he was terribly funny or really saying anything politically interesting. John Oliver is 100x the political comedian Maher is and even him I don't really care for much any more (loved The Bugle back in the day)

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm pretty sure those are illegal in the US.
    Not so sure. Seems like you hear about them.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if you hear about them, assuming you get your news from where I imagine you do.

But partial-birth abortions are illegal and if you actually legitimately hear about one happening then you've heard about a crime.

These are the "unity" people, by the way. It's all a crock of **** and it's just an effort to make Bernie supporters fall in line.

Last edited by ManRam; 02-19-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    The problem lies with you believing that Republicans are deplorable. I mean, I thought so too. Alienating an incredibly large base however, is terrible politics.

And like everything, the vocal minority gets more of a limelight than the silent majority. You get a few hundred “Bernie Bro’s” attacking other people and suddenly people thing Bernie Bro’s are rampant. We’ve seen this time and time again.

Still, Bernie condemned those people in the greatest way possible. It’s not gonna help to those who are willfully ignorant and are looking for a reason to paint Bernie as an extremist who wants violence and war.

Have they done ANYTHING to dispel the fact that they are deplorable? They tend to wrap themselves in the cloak of religion but stand by a man who has violated just about every fundamental tenant of their faith. They pimp out their religion as a means of controlling other people who are different than them.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Being done legally? Because President Bush passed a law making them illegal in 2003 and the Supreme Court upheld the law in 2006.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if you hear about them, assuming you get your news from where I imagine you do.

But partial-birth abortions are illegal and if you actually legitimately hear about one happening then you've heard about a crime.
    The fact that an act had to be passed and it was seriously discussed is, in and of itself, abhorrent.

NY has and VA has tried to loosen up on late term abortions…to the cheering women in the gallery.

I find this disturbing.