Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 326 of 354 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5296
  1. #4876
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    He also went from “Most affirmatively and indubitably, unto the ages…I do favor Medicare for All” to pretty much a firm "no" real quick. He's already been bought and sold. That juicy pharma and health insurance money is just too good to pass up!
    The messed up thing here is that when Buttigieg worked at McKinsey, one of their major projects involved urging big pharma to push opioids to the limit. When the interviewer asked about his time with the firm — one of the most elite consulting operations around — his answer was the slippery “I wanted to see how the world worked.”

  2. #4877
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I can't wrap my head around Pete's appeal. I recognize that I'm not the average Democrat but come on! I at least could understand the appeal of people like Beto and Kamala, even if I thought they were bad candidates. But Pete's nothing. Maybe that's the appeal, be it to checked out voters, people whose only political belief is "Trump bad", or even the donor class. He's vanilla and I guess that's what's to like.

    But anyone who cares even slightly about policy to any extent? IDK. I guess I underestimate how many Democrats really only care to go back to the Obama days and nothing -- LITERALLY NOTHING -- more. Depressing.

    He's already been bought out of supporting universal healthcare. He shows time and time again how he has no interest in any meaningful foreign policy change. He has an underwhelming approach to climate change. The list goes on. He's the vanilla version of vanilla. Probably the appeal for all his deep-pocketed donors.
    I think DNC voters in the generations ahead of us still think having a homosexual friend is like a brownie point or feather in their hat, and it's bonus points if said homosexual is not currently wearing leather pants or in their yoga class. Pete is inoffensive and would probably even wear plaid so he's choice in their minds. Plus he gets fawning coverage and that affects the majority of all people among all political persuasions.

    I'm also surprised you're so down on him considering his father is the probably the nation's leading Gramsci scholar. I'm sure he's a lot more radical than he lets on, just like Obama was, but I'm not sure most people make that connection.

  3. #4878
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,750
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I think DNC voters in the generations ahead of us still think having a homosexual friend is like a brownie point or feather in their hat, and it's bonus points if said homosexual is not currently wearing leather pants or in their yoga class. Pete is inoffensive and would probably even wear plaid so he's choice in their minds. Plus he gets fawning coverage and that affects the majority of all people among all political persuasions.

    I'm also surprised you're so down on him considering his father is the probably the nation's leading Gramsci scholar. I'm sure he's a lot more radical than he lets on, just like Obama was, but I'm not sure most people make that connection.
    I’m sorry I can’t stop laughing at the absolutely ridiculous comment that Obama was a radical.

  4. #4879
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I’m sorry I can’t stop laughing at the absolutely ridiculous comment that Obama was a radical.
    He accuses us of throwing words around to liberally. He's never seen a Democrat that isn't a Communist. He's never seen a policy belief of ours that isn't cultural Marixsm. He thinks we all worship our Stalin shrines 5 times a day.

    He's never had a non-smooth brain.

    Hell, he's calling me one right now! He thinks I'm such a commie that I'd vote for a conservative Democrat because his dad was a "Gramsci scholar"

    No one on this site is more guilty of "identity politics" than he is. Zero hyperbole.
    Last edited by ManRam; 11-13-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  5. #4880
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,750
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    He accuses us of throwing words around to liberally. He's never seen a Democrat that isn't a Communist. He's never seen a policy belief of ours that isn't cultural Marixsm. He thinks we all worship our Stalin shrines 5 times a day.

    He's never had a non-smooth brain.

    Hell, he's calling me one right now! He thinks I'm such a commie that I'd vote for a conservative Democrat because his dad was a "Gramsci scholar"

    No one on this site is more guilty of "identity politics" than he is. Zero hyperbole.
    I seem to remember many years ago he was not like this. Something must have changed or I am remembering incorrectly.

  6. #4881
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,650
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I’m sorry I can’t stop laughing at the absolutely ridiculous comment that Obama was a radical.
    I said 'more radical than he lets on' which is a fair accusation of Obama. He ran as a black preacher who was basically Clinton and didn't support racial divisiveness, homosexual marriage, or Wall Street. What we got was definitely not that.

  7. #4882
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    He accuses us of throwing words around to liberally. He's never seen a Democrat that isn't a Communist. He's never seen a policy belief of ours that isn't cultural Marixsm. He thinks we all worship our Stalin shrines 5 times a day.

    He's never had a non-smooth brain.

    Hell, he's calling me one right now! He thinks I'm such a commie that I'd vote for a conservative Democrat because his dad was a "Gramsci scholar"

    No one on this site is more guilty of "identity politics" than he is. Zero hyperbole.
    You're losing it bro. I even voted for Obama, partly because I'm not interested in culture war crap but it was brought to all our doorsteps in the form of tranny bathrooms and racial reparations so here we are.

    And so fine maybe you don't know or read any Gramsci - I wasn't insulting you by suggesting you might be interested in him. I certainly am, he is one of the few truly fine Marxist scholars since, well, Marx. I figured you were more of the 'dirtbag left' variety - Iguess not. You're in fine company here, then.

  8. #4883
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,750
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    You're losing it bro. I even voted for Obama, partly because I'm not interested in culture war crap but it was brought to all our doorsteps in the form of tranny bathrooms and racial reparations so here we are.

    And so fine maybe you don't know or read any Gramsci - I wasn't insulting you by suggesting you might be interested in him. I certainly am, he is one of the few truly fine Marxist scholars since, well, Marx. I figured you were more of the 'dirtbag left' variety - Iguess not. You're in fine company here, then.
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yep Obama didn't accomplish a whole lot but he definitely will have Butch and "her" ten friends watching your daughter or wife in the bathroom...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  9. #4884
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    47,821
    https://twitter.com/hoothootberns/st...704294400?s=21


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #4885
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    They are going to have to face it eventually: Sanders is dead in the water.

    At this point I guess Warren is the next best option for a progressive voice.

  11. #4886
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    They are going to have to face it eventually: Sanders is dead in the water.

    At this point I guess Warren is the next best option for a progressive voice.
    Yep, as unpleasant as it is.

  12. #4887
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,007
    And she's looking less and less progressive as the days go on.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  13. #4888
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,515
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    And she's looking less and less progressive as the days go on.
    Agreed. But at least she is savvy enough politically to read the handwriting on the wall. As soon as it became clear that the Sanders campaign was moribund and that she was really the only pseudo-progressive choice, she checked off that box and moved bit by bit to try to increase her appeal — if even possible — to the more moderate Democratic primary voters.

    Wall Street still hates her, and that will have to suffice for me.

  14. #4889
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,750
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    And she's looking less and less progressive as the days go on.
    How so?

  15. #4890
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    How so?
    Just a lot of the things she's been saying, plus the obvious things (like Sanders being a "socialist" and Warren being a "capitalist") that we have long known.

    Every single time there's an opportunity to show solidarity with progressive and leftist causes Sanders is there. Warren hasn't been.

    Things like this:

    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •