Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 466 of 583 FirstFirst ... 366416456464465466467468476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 8741
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I guess we won't know until Super tuesday, when Bloomberg is on the ballot. He took a helluva arse whipping during that debate and any strength he has is implied by pundits and polls.
    There's another full debate before his name even appears on a ballot. As the post above yours alluded to, he's dropped half a bil on ads. The other night will be a distant, long forgotten memory by Super Tuesday.

Even if all of that weren't the case, contrast the viewership of that debate (~20 mil) with the viewership of the relentless ads (think Mean Girls; the limit does not exist).

Three of these people are up there running for theoretical VP noms and will be erased in a couple weeks. Milwaukee will be Sanders vs Bloomberg, and the only real question is whether Biden will insist on hanging around for it as well. I think he probably will, he has very little reason not to.

I heard someone told AOC she needs to fold her pizza and she started at the pointy end.

Not sure if that's true.

Still, maybe………

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    IMO greatest TV character in history.
    He's certainly up there. I always preferred Kramer growing up but on rewatches, George is as funny (if not more) than any of the characters on Seinfeld. I think initially George's general pathetic nature made me not like him so much but as I've gotten older, that doesn't hold me back from finding great humor in the character.

Kinda similar to my thoughts on Paulie Walnuts on first watch compared to later viewings of The Sopranos. The humor of that show shines a lot more on subsequent viewings (which makes it better for re-watches than something more cliffhanger/plot driven like Breaking Bad which I liked much better on my initial viewing).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    How else can you eat it????

I'll eat pizza with a fork the day after I eat soup with a fork.
    The only pizza that is acceptable to eat with a fork is in rare cases where pizza is really thin and also really greasy. There are some really good NY style pizza places where they make the pizza this way and you have to do so or the slice will fall apart. It's rare and the pizza quality better be so great to warrant it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hilarious!

Dems are setting up their failure yet again. Blame the Russians.

Schiff and Pelosi are already blaming Trump for not doing enough to protect 2020.

Where was Schiff and Pelosi blaming Obama for not protecting the 2016 election?
    I'm certainly not a fan of Adam Schiff, but he did want Obama to do more.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/25/polit...sia/index.html

Rep. Adam Schiff: Obama should have done more on Russia

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Almost as amazing as how you constantly preach at people to ignore posters like this and then interact with them yourself.
    can I play too.

almost as amazing as how you say you scroll pats my posts but then reply to me.

to continue, I would like you to reply to me. I just wish it was on topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

As I've said plenty of times, attempting an intelligent conversation with you is nothing but a monumental waste of time. Sure, we're all basically wasting our time posting here, but you are about as hopeless of a poster as there is on this site.

Have fun continuing to obsess over another country's president and race relations, while constantly begging for someone to make the mistake of responding seriously to anything you say.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 02-22-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    There's another full debate before his name even appears on a ballot. As the post above yours alluded to, he's dropped half a bil on ads. The other night will be a distant, long forgotten memory by Super Tuesday.

Even if all of that weren't the case, contrast the viewership of that debate (~20 mil) with the viewership of the relentless ads (think Mean Girls; the limit does not exist).

Three of these people are up there running for theoretical VP noms and will be erased in a couple weeks. Milwaukee will be Sanders vs Bloomberg, and the only real question is whether Biden will insist on hanging around for it as well. I think he probably will, he has very little reason not to.
    I lay a bet that Bloomberg won't do as well as most people think. Steyar, the other billionaire in the race, has been throwing money around at a faster rate then everyone who isn't name Bloomberg, and he is still a afterthought for most people. And he has more of a stage presences then Bloomberg.

Plus, I starting to think this isn't the climate for a billionaire to be running for president. The reason Bernie and,to some extent, Warren are garnering so much support is because people think the average joe is being shafted for the benefit of the mega-rich class. It doesn't help to have a billionaire in office who is inciting people anger over his self-entitled behaviour. The idea he is buying the election is starting to grow.

Something major will have to changd before Bloomberg can get the minority, the youth and blue collar workers vote.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-21-2020 at 06:45 PM.

So creating a successful business from scratch and creating a tremendous amount of wealth for yourself, your employees and ultimately your country is a bad thing? Not an endorsement of Bloomberg. I don’t even know much about him, but his wealth alone shouldn’t be the disqualifier. Although that’s certainly the environment the Democratic Party has created for itself.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The only pizza that is acceptable to eat with a fork is in rare cases where pizza is really thin and also really greasy. There are some really good NY style pizza places where they make the pizza this way and you have to do so or the slice will fall apart. It's rare and the pizza quality better be so great to warrant it.
    I got to add chicago deep pan pizza needs a fork. The good ones are like pie slices. I am hunger thinking about one.

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    So creating a successful business from scratch and creating a tremendous amount of wealth for yourself, your employees and ultimately your country is a bad thing? Not an endorsement of Bloomberg. I don’t even know much about him, but his wealth alone shouldn’t be the disqualifier. Although that’s certainly the environment the Democratic Party has created for itself.
    Yeah, you would think the Walton were great people, billionaires who craved their fortunes out of retailing until you work for them. Full time is 36 to 40, but most don't work that, most get governmental assistances meaning our tax dollars. They have been tagged for hiring illegals. In short, they depressed their employees wages to help maintain their wealth.

I got to add chicago deep pan pizza needs a fork. The good ones are like pie slices. I am hunger thinking about one.
    I had the best deep dish pizza that must have been 5" deep on a trip to Australia years ago. Wish there was a spot like that around where I live now.

Got me hungry now as well (despite that I'm eating chips & salsa and about to pull a bunch of chicken off the BBQ).
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 02-21-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I heard someone told AOC she needs to fold her pizza and she started at the pointy end.

Not sure if that's true.

Still, maybe………
    Pizzagate 2.0. Your version probably has more credibility then the first pizzagate

Yeah, you would think the Walton were great people, billionaires who craved their fortunes out of retailing until you work for them. Full time is 36 to 40, but most don't work that, most get governmental assistances meaning our tax dollars. They have been tagged for hiring illegals. In short, they depressed their employees wages to help maintain their wealth.
    Yea they built one of the most successful businesses of all time, a business that allows millions of people to buy reactively cheap goods. People say the same things about Jeff B, all the while they got 20 amazon boxes showing up at their house everyday.. and ordering goods via amazon has to be one of the most inefficient and non-eco friendly ways of shopping. People will always complain (I get that), but mostly no one wants to make personal sacrifices. If dems don’t want Bloomberg because of his wealth, it definitely would not surprise me. As you say, that’s the environment we are in now.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

To each their own, but I'm not a big fan of Chicago style pizza. I like NY style far better.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Yea they built one of the most successful businesses of all time, a business that allows millions of people to buy reactively cheap goods. People say the same things about Jeff B, all the while they got 20 amazon boxes showing up at their house everyday.. and ordering goods via amazon has to be one of the most inefficient and non-eco friendly ways of shopping. People will always complain (I get that), but mostly no one wants to make personal sacrifices. If dems don’t want Bloomberg because of his wealth, it definitely would not surprise me. As you say, that’s the environment we are in now.
    I don't want Bloomberg as the democratic nominee because he's a racist, sexist, republican, with a million skeletons in his closet. He's basically just a competent Trump. If Bernie Sanders had won in 2016 Mike Bloomberg would be in this race as a republican. I've also go no idea how he's supposed to turn out a leftist base he barely agrees with considering all he's got going for him are very well manipulated tv adds. I highly doubt he can be successful campaigning or debating in person. But I also don't think he really plans to be president. He's just trying to buy an election a little more openly then the elite usually do, and having some delegates he can throw behind his favorite moderate will save him money ultimately if he can make the election Centrist vs Trump.