Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 971 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 47187192196196997097197297398110211071 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,565 of 18058
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I would rather people in the radical left get more changes to happen rather than have THIS Democratic party continue to run and behave the way they have been. Maybe there is some progress to be had that way.

Right now, assuming Biden wins, then Harris is the automatic candidate in 4-8 years and it's just more of the same or worse. Biden has some morals, I'm not at all convinced Harris has any at all.
    This was generally said last time too, some "bernie bros" even voted Trump with this general idea. It leads to Joe Biden and the message of "look how bad that team/Trump is". Stop giving such an easy out and maybe the next election the Republican that wins will be better than anyone (and maybe following a good republican leader we can get a sensible push from the left instead of a radical one hoping for progress).

I am not sure what you are referencing from Sanders but he has largely been pushing for Biden himself. I don't completely disagree with what you have been getting at but when you give Democrats such an easy out to stay the same and point a finger at the other team... They take it.

Even when you quote me you get it wrong. Trump is divisive but the marketing department is mostly on the left. I'm not saying it's the lefts fault that he said it, but it is their fault that they give him a megaphone and keep repeating it and giving it more power. After Hillary lost some realized that the left were doing his marketing for him for free but the lesson didn't last. I've never seen a President so vociferously covered by the media like Trump is, and they absolutely love it when he says something mean, stupid, and divisive.
    If me literally quoting you is not what you believe, thatís on you. Iím quite literally quoting you.

Yes, I get your point: the media amplifies the audience for Trumpís nonsense. But your other point is therefore itís the Liberal mediaís fault for all the divisiveness.

Which is yet another example of your defense of the conservative side while critiquing the Liberals side. Maybe itís an extension of your ďI like Liberals better so I hold them to a higher standardĒ ideology, but at a certain point you need to maintain perspective. Having higher standards doesnít mean excusing the low actions of a person for whom youíve had low standards of.

If a murderer kills someone and another guy you have high standards for steals a car, you can be more disappointed in the guy with whom youíve had high standards of for breaking the law while still acknowledging the murderer killing someone is worse, even if you expected it because heís a murderer...

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    This was generally said last time too, some "bernie bros" even voted Trump with this general idea. It leads to Joe Biden and the message of "look how bad that team/Trump is". Stop giving such an easy out and maybe the next election the Republican that wins will be better than anyone (and maybe following a good republican leader we can get a sensible push from the left instead of a radical one hoping for progress).

I am not sure what you are referencing from Sanders but he has largely been pushing for Biden himself. I don't completely disagree with what you have been getting at but when you give Democrats such an easy out to stay the same and point a finger at the other team... They take it.
    And we can look at the last election to see how flawed his thinking is. How is Trumpís last 4 years and a new 6-3 SC conservative majority actually better for Liberals right now? Itís not, itís just something someone who actually wants conservatives to win would say...

I am not sure what you are referencing from Sanders but he has largely been pushing for Biden himself.
    Nor am I. Did a quick Google search and found nothing. Then I asked Scoots for a citation on his claim about Sanders and was ignored (a tactic he often seems to take when he has no basis to his argument; usually followed up by a "I don't have time to find where I saw that").

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And we can look at the last election to see how flawed his thinking is. How is Trumpís last 4 years and a new 6-3 SC conservative majority actually better for Liberals right now? Itís not, itís just something someone who actually wants conservatives to win would say...
    Yup, we have seen what happens using this approach and it isn't the change he claims to want. The negatives of the divisiveness and court games and last 4 years in general all happened so we could get Trump v Biden this time around? Now we should do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Nor am I. Did a quick Google search and found nothing. Then I asked Scoots for a citation on his claim about Sanders and was ignored (a tactic he often seems to take when he has no basis to his argument; usually followed up by a "I don't have time to find where I saw that").
    I searched for it as well, the one thing I did see was Trump saying thanks to Bernie for previously calling out Biden on cutting social security. I also saw plenty of him actually out there for Biden recently though too.

I searched for it as well, the one thing I did see was Trump saying thanks to Bernie for previously calling out Biden on cutting social security. I also saw plenty of him actually out there for Biden recently though too.
    What do you think Bernie is going to do? Push for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I expect him to push for Biden, thatís why Iím asking scoots where he is seeing differently/what he is referencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Bernie has been doing a good job of pushing for Biden, just like he did with Hillary. It's just a shame that so many of his supporters don't seem to understand that victories in politics are gained slowly and not quickly. Hell just getting the ACA took a super majority. And suddenly they want ten steps beyond that.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Going to bat for every single racist thing that happens across the country.
    ?

I want the Dems to get a kick in the pants and actually change. I don't think having the same old same old be in control will help, I think they will just get more entrenched.

If me literally quoting you is not what you believe, thatís on you. Iím quite literally quoting you.

Yes, I get your point: the media amplifies the audience for Trumpís nonsense. But your other point is therefore itís the Liberal mediaís fault for all the divisiveness.

Which is yet another example of your defense of the conservative side while critiquing the Liberals side. Maybe itís an extension of your ďI like Liberals better so I hold them to a higher standardĒ ideology, but at a certain point you need to maintain perspective. Having higher standards doesnít mean excusing the low actions of a person for whom youíve had low standards of.

If a murderer kills someone and another guy you have high standards for steals a car, you can be more disappointed in the guy with whom youíve had high standards of for breaking the law while still acknowledging the murderer killing someone is worse, even if you expected it because heís a murderer...
    You mis-interpreted and added your thoughts to what I said. You seem to think I'm blaming the left for Trump or for his rhetoric. I'm not, I'm saying the left is helping him. They are not the same thing.

I don't excuse Trump. I can't stand him, but I don't think the best way to get the Dems to change is for this group to get more power.

I don't actually care which team wins. I want change to happen.

I couldn't find the original video for some reason but here is part of it that I was referencing.

https://youtu.be/rM5SZxfuOIY?t=405

?
    Have you never seen her speak? Thatís the only excuse for this post.