Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 742 of 875 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792842 ... LastLast
Results 11,116 to 11,130 of 13122
    The guy who was listing off nouns is the one who we need to be concerned about senility.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Iím not sure that is accurate at all. What exactly have the democrats done over the last 12 years to help AA community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This should be an eye opener right here. I can think of numerous things off the top of my head that they've done to hurt, cant think of anything to help.

Yet still almost none vote for republicans. That's how terrible and blatantly bad the republican approach to minorities is. It's just so belligerent.

Like these fools were legit talking about wanting to just flat out ban muslims. I'm never gonna get over that, lmao, it's just SO insane to me. Like a random 5th grade kid from toronto cant visit his cousin in New York cuz hes muslim?

And then rather than being like ok, we went a little overboard with the bigotry, people are like downplaying it like it never happened, or that's not what trump meant, or whatever wierd **** you guys been saying, lol.

Republican party has a HUGE sign right there on the front door. Minorities not welcome. Somehow the white guys who wrote it out are the ones who cant see it. I have no explanation for why that is.

..maybe they wrote it in magic marker and we just came after someone pissed on it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 08-07-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

The problem with Biden is the things he says, the problem with Trump is the stuff heís done. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The problem with Biden is the things he says, the problem with Trump is the stuff heís done. Big difference.
    well, with Trump, it's also the stuff he says he's done
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, with Trump, it's also the stuff he says he's done
    Itís not quite so simle as you want to make it. The problem with Trump is what he says and most of what he does. The problem with Biden is what he says and some of what he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Around when was that?

I feel like the 80's compared to today is very different, I feel like in the 80's there were A LOT of minority republican voters, especially business owners.

Now many minorities feel actively targeted by the republican party because they always seem to have this pro white/anti minority rhetoric. I feel like they do it because it gets them votes, but on the flip side it loses them votes too. I guess they feel it's still an overall positive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Democrat party was loaded with southern white segregationists. Then JFK pushed for the civil rights act and LBJ followed through with it. So the racists left the Dem party for the GOP. This is why thereís still this weird blend of business and freedom focused republicans (like my dad or Brewers) and wacko southern racists who managed to hijack the party and get Trump the win in the 2016 primary, while all the respectable GOPers were spread across Bush, Rubio, Kasich, etc. The sad part is too many of the sensible ones are tribal enough to flip on their values and support a disgrace like Trump simply because theyíll take the worst of their own over even a moderate like Hillary or Biden. Sad times, because if you look at our electoral history youíll see reasonable Dems flocking to Reagan over Mondale or GOPers supporting Bill Clinton. Now itís impossible and made worse by a president like trump who thrives on dividing us as much as possible. He could be in handcuffs and an orange jump suit and campaign on one issue ďat least Iím not a democratĒ and win 60 million republican votes.

The 80s was very different because you had the Cold War antiRussian mentality plus a proAmerica business focus, all of which had a very 1950s feel to it. The voter base was boomers and the greatest generation, so all of that worked pretty well for Reagan campaigning on ďMake America GreatĒ (I mean Trump cant even make his own slogan for ****s sake).

Obviously Iím not a fan of a lot of Reaganís policies, but with all the international issues and threats that Carter was too weak on, Ronnie came out strong.

Iím not sure that is accurate at all. What exactly have the democrats done over the last 12 years to help AA community?

Dems suck and theyíre phony.

But if we talk about it as liberal v conservative, rather than Republicans v Democrats, I think itís obvious, donít you?

Blacks asking for an end to police brutality and the murder of unarmed citizens, and which side stands in the way? You guys canít even handle kneeling during the anthem, much less meaningful street protests or working to policy changes.

Blacks asking for affirmative action to level an uneven playing field caused sometimes by racist hiring practices and sometimes by a broken society where black People just donít get the same opportunities. Which side stands in the way of affirmative action?

Blacks fight for fair funding of school districts and after school programs to get children on a level start as whites. Who stands in the way? Both parties, but certainly conservatives and moderates against the progressives.

Blacks asking for welfare benefits to help neighborhoods that struggle because they donít have all the benefits already mentioned. Who routinely tries to defund public assistance of any kind?

You can go back to any civil rights issue through history (gay marriage, civil rights, womenís right to vote, etc) and find progressives fighting for rights and conservatives standing in the way. This is why I side with progressives (not necessarily Dems) on social issues and itís why your side gets far less support from minority groups.

Dems are mostly phony and full of empty promises, but they at least donít **** down the requests, ignore them or pivot the conversation (from protestors to looters, from poor black neighborhoods to pull yourself up by the boot straps, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I disagree. The things Trump says are also terrible and sometimes dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Dems suck and theyíre phony.

But if we talk about it as liberal v conservative, rather than Republicans v Democrats, I think itís obvious, donít you?

Blacks asking for an end to police brutality and the murder of unarmed citizens, and which side stands in the way? You guys canít even handle kneeling during the anthem, much less meaningful street protests or working to policy changes.

Blacks asking for affirmative action to level an uneven playing field caused sometimes by racist hiring practices and sometimes by a broken society where black People just donít get the same opportunities. Which side stands in the way of affirmative action?

Blacks fight for fair funding of school districts and after school programs to get children on a level start as whites. Who stands in the way? Both parties, but certainly conservatives and moderates against the progressives.

Blacks asking for welfare benefits to help neighborhoods that struggle because they donít have all the benefits already mentioned. Who routinely tries to defund public assistance of any kind?

You can go back to any civil rights issue through history (gay marriage, civil rights, womenís right to vote, etc) and find progressives fighting for rights and conservatives standing in the way. This is why I side with progressives (not necessarily Dems) on social issues and itís why your side gets far less support from minority groups.

Dems are mostly phony and full of empty promises, but they at least donít **** down the requests, ignore them or pivot the conversation (from protestors to looters, from poor black neighborhoods to pull yourself up by the boot straps, etc).
    I grow tired of saying it.....but it's not all conservatives either
    A large number of people are both progressive and conservative depending on the issue.
    And some of the resistance you refer to from conservatives is resisting the extremes some progressives think are necessary, not resisting every level of correction.

But which makes more sense to you....find more ways to get more people OFF government assistance? Or find more reasons to put more on it?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I grow tired of saying it.....but it's not all conservatives either
    A large number of people are both progressive and conservative depending on the issue.
    And some of the resistance you refer to from conservatives is resisting the extremes some progressives think are necessary, not resisting every level of correction.

But which makes more sense to you....find more ways to get more people OFF government assistance? Or find more reasons to put more on it?
    Thatís another false ďthis or thatĒ that only benefits partisan nonsense debates. Itís both. We need stronger assistance first and then infrastructure that fixes broken pieces of the system so that people donít need that assistance anymore. The majority on assistance are elderly or disabled anyway, so weíll always need that.

Itís like saying ďdo we need to treat people with COVID or prevent people from getting it?Ē Both until the situation is stabilized.

There are twice as many people on welfare as are on Medicaid.....somewhere in the 13-14 million range
    And that's just welfare....not all the other various nutrition, etc programs

it's not a this or that debate....it's working to reduce the numbers getting this by doing that...and of course it's not a flip the switch deal, but our tendency for years has been a gradual leaning towards MORE people needing assistance instead of less

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I disagree. The things Trump says are also terrible and sometimes dangerous.

Yeah true enough.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Those are some interesting numbers...

Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Ton of time left. Just wait until the debates and people see how awful Biden is

Ton of time left. Just wait until the debates and people see how awful Biden is

Is speaking Trump's strong suit?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>