Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 474 of 579 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 8677
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    ....in your opinion
    Sure, I suppose. But it's reality.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Unions are only responsible in so far as anyone who isn't willing to work for 7 cents a day is responsible for taking down a business.
    I agree. It often help workers maintain a cost of living wages thru raises. How much have wages gone up over the last forty some years with the absent of a strong union?

I can understand Scoot argument, but it is argument that can be used against in organization, whether is politic, social groups or unions. Even the gottadamn boy scouts have problems, and we won't talk about the Catholic Church. One have to balance the good with the bad and the unions, as whole, have done well for the american labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This sort of stuff is what happens when we have no way to enforce being honorable as a job requirement in politics.
    I shouldn't get riled up about it, this investigation was for a incident that occurs thirty some years ago when he was the mayor of Burlington. If they didn't find anything then they won't know. I don't blame Bernie for lawyering up because he just can't tell what Trump's attack dogs will do.

Unions are only responsible in so far as anyone who isn't willing to work for 7 cents a day is responsible for taking down a business.
    It seems odd to me that many who are in favor of abolishing the minimum wage or who extol the free market and the ability to negotiate your own salary are fundamentally opposed when workers attempt to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It seems odd to me that many who are in favor of abolishing the minimum wage or who extol the free market and the ability to negotiate your own salary are fundamentally opposed when workers attempt to do just that.
    Because big business controls whose voice gets heard. You don't book people to talk on your mulit-billion dollar business who might says omething like that and expose people to a different way of thinking that includes protections of workers' rights.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Basically managment believe that labours have no right to demand anything on the job, from wages, safety conditions or how a boss can personally treat them. Business owners ,at their worst, see their company as their personal fiefdom and the bottom line their god.
    Last edited by WES445; 02-24-2020 at 02:34 PM.

I watched "American Factory" this weekend. It's the Academy Award winning Doc from Obama's production company. It's on Netflix.

RT consensus: "American Factory takes a thoughtful – and troubling – look at the dynamic between workers and employers in the 21st-century globalized economy."

Figured since we were talking about labor and unions, I'd shout it out. Worth a watch. Really sad to see some of these stories.

Every time I hear "Bernie can't win in the Rust Belt" I roll my eyes. The working class continue to be left behind as greed destroys everything around them and takes their jobs. It's not hard to imagine how many might feel both parties are just paying them lip service. Trump doesn't care about the working class and has not at all delivered to the rust belt, so it's as important as ever to provide them with an alternative that they can believe in. Bernie unequivocally is the best conduit for that message.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I watched "American Factory" this weekend. It's the Academy Award winning Doc from Obama's production company. It's on Netflix.

RT consensus: "American Factory takes a thoughtful – and troubling – look at the dynamic between workers and employers in the 21st-century globalized economy."

Figured since we were talking about labor and unions, I'd shout it out. Worth a watch. Really sad to see some of these stories.

Every time I hear "Bernie can't win in the Rust Belt" I roll my eyes. The working class continue to be left behind as greed destroys everything around them and takes their jobs. It's not hard to imagine how many might feel both parties are just paying them lip service. Trump doesn't care about the working class and has not at all delivered to the rust belt, so it's as important as ever to provide them with an alternative that they can believe in. Bernie unequivocally is the best conduit for that message.
    So how are Bernie's policies of banning fracking and eliminating private insurance for unions going to play in the Rust Belt? Or his advocacy for "open borders" which overloads the country with non-skilled workers who drive down wages?
    Last edited by nessythegreat; 02-24-2020 at 02:42 PM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...el-Castro.html
    This guy is such a farce of a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    So how are Bernie's policies of banning fracking and eliminating private insurance for unions going to play in the Rust Belt? Or his advocacy for "open borders" which overloads the country with non-skilled workers who drive down wages?
    But Donald...but Donald Trump...Donald Trump says wages are on the rise!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...t_polls/state/

Bernie is leading all Democrats in polling for Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and second in Minnesota. In polls of Trump vs respective Democratic candidates, Sander's had the biggest win % in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.

Now none of this means he's going to win the Presidency (or even the Democratic nomination), but he is actually resonating in the Midwest.

But Donald...but Donald Trump...Donald Trump says wages are on the rise!
    They are.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

Saw “American Factory” a couple months ago. Kind of a creepy piece — a clash of cultures — but definitely worth watching.

I still can't get off the question of who Sanders would pick as his VP. I wonder if he would fold Andrew Yang into the mix and consider him as an option. None of the front runners seem like a pick for him and whoever it is has to be willing to defend his policies during the VP debate and any other appearances. Past statements by just about every front runner would essentially disqualify them. I don't know how upset he and Warren actually are at one another because she would be the clear ideological pick.
    _____

The green new deal would create countless jobs in those struggling regions. Even here in Western PA, fracking in not largely supported. Do I expect Sanders to win over all, or even many, of the conservatives here? No. Do I think there are lots of people struggling to find high-paying jobs here that might see the appeal in a union supporting, green new deal touting, presidential candidate? Yes. I do. Also, it's interesting the right doesn't bring up coal jobs anymore. Wonder why? Oh yeah, Trump hasn't delivered and coal is a dying industry. What they need are new, higher paying green jobs. They need saving and the right has no answers. None at all. I think there are inroads to be made from the left.

Why is private insurance better than single payer again? No one likes their insurance; they like their doctors. Under single payer no one, including union workers, will have to worry about losing their insurance ever. I'm 30 and have had 4 different insurance plans in my adult life. Your messaging probably isn't going to win out.

Look at what happened in Nevada. The Culinary Union which is massive there for obvious reasons, didn't endorse Sanders because they liked the insurance plan they negotiated. Guess what, the actual union members showed out in massive numbers for Sanders. Your message is a losing one.

And if Sanders gets his way, you'll have health insurance for less than you pay now whether you like it or not!
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER