The scary part is who's still there.

Theyre all ugly except the gay guy.

54 Deep Into the Night

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    Theyre all ugly except the gay guy.

54 Deep Into the Night
    Julian Castro is a WEIRD looking dude.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Not only Europe and us, but right-wings leaders are also springing up all over the place. Bosonaro in Brazil and his deforestation policies, Pangulo in the Philippines, Erdogan in Turkey, who has and is giving our national leaders and NATO fits Even China leader is becoming more right-wing in his consolidation of power.

If I am not mistaken both German and France main parties have beaten back right-wing opposition in their last election. Russia have been backing many right-wing groups across Europe. Greece is seeing the rise of neo-nazi, The Golden Dawn. Which I find amazing considering their grandparent fought the german nazi occupation.

I saw that split between republican fractions out the side of my eyes, but I didn't know it was starting to be problematic. I have not seen this mentioned in mainstream or progressive outlets. Is it similar to the in-fighting between the progressive and wall-democrat that is occurring now within the democrat party?
    France beat Marie LePenn last time, but she hasn't gone away, and the guy who beat her is SUPER unpopular and unlikely to win reelection.
    Everyone in the country is pissed. Remember the Paris protests? It wasn't just one side, it was everyone.
    In Germany the AdF made big gains in the last election.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/02/e...ntl/index.html

Xi is consolidating more power, but I'm not sure if he's doing it in a RW way.

It's not nearly as bad or as public as the split going on withing the left. In many ways, Trump is holding the party together, that 90% in party approval isn't meaningless.

I'm not surprise this hasn't been covered much in Progressive or Mainstream press, though I think the New Yorker and Vox did cover it.
    https://www.vox.com/2019/6/5/1863739...tarians-divide

But yeah, one of the hubris's that hurts progressives is that they DON'T pay attention to the Right, or do so only enough to castigate them all as bigots and monsters, this doesn't exist on the right and least not so much. Jonathon Chait in his research found that those on the left are significantly worse explaining the view points of those on the right, and the further left you go the worse people get at it.
    So I'm really not surprised your not hearing about this.

Another question going around in political circles (all sides) is what will the GOP look like after Trump is done. Some people think it'll just look like the Pre-Trump GOP and that's a safe bet, though I don't know if it's accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post

But yeah, one of the hubris's that hurts progressives is that they DON'T pay attention to the Right, or do so only enough to castigate them all as bigots and monsters, this doesn't exist on the right and least not so much. Jonathon Chait in his research found that those on the left are significantly worse explaining the view points of those on the right, and the further left you go the worse people get at it.
    So I'm really not surprised your not hearing about this.

Another question going around in political circles (all sides) is what will the GOP look like after Trump is done. Some people think it'll just look like the Pre-Trump GOP and that's a safe bet, though I don't know if it's accurate.
    I think that ignorances go both ways. Republicans think that minorities think all one way and its effect their political strategy. Totally ignoring that there are conservative, ultra-religious folks on that side of the fence, who would vote for them if only they didn't clutch so tightly to white identity politic and use them as attack dummy.

They have found no strategy to attract the younger crowd to their banner, something the progressives are quite good at.

As for understanding the republican party, why should they? They are a dying party if this youth trend to the left continues. Right now, the die-hard base seems to be angry old men, religious zealots, and the big business interest. I see them fragmenting with one piece being violent right-wing extremists.

It is more important for the republican party to figure out how to win the heart and minds of the young people and be more accepting of diverse voices and viewpoint if they are going to be successful in the future.

I have no love for the republican party and hope they ride that Trump train over the cliff. If the democrats are smart (which is often questionable) they push a candidate that excites the base as well attract new younger voters. Old wrong way Joe Biden isn't going to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It’s just not a coincidence anymore. Who’s missing here hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know it’s MSNBC so the bar is low, but this is absolutely shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System