Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 992 of 1201 FirstFirst ... 492892942982990991992993994100210421092 ... LastLast
Results 14,866 to 14,880 of 18002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    does anyone want to say what part is bad/wrong?

Mail-in votes in Pennsylvania and other swing states are expected to skew heavily toward Democrats.
    skew heavily toward Democrats?

The state is one of a handful in which, by law, mail-in votes cannot be counted until Election Day, and the Trump campaign has leaned on Republican allies who control the Legislature to prevent state election officials from bending those rules to accommodate a pandemic-driven avalanche of absentee ballots, as many other states have already done.
    if that is the current law, then wanting to follow that is not scandalous.

At the same time, the campaign has pushed litigation to curtail how late mail-in votes can be accepted, as part of a flurry of lawsuits in local, state and federal courts challenging myriad voting rules and procedures. On Wednesday evening, the Supreme Court refused to hear a fast-tracked plea from Pennsylvania Republicans to block a three-day extension of the deadline for receiving absentee ballots. But Kathy Boockvar, a Democrat who is Pennsylvania’s secretary of state, advised counties to segregate ballots received after 8 p.m. on Election Day, as the issue remains before the court.
    why should there be an extension. those mail in voting should get it done on time.

The Trump campaign has also dispatched its officials to early voting sites, videotaped voters and even pressed election administrators in the Philadelphia area to stop people from delivering more than one ballot to a drop box.
    what is the problem with this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That’s not an illusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The fact that there are no people there????

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Being physically old doesn't mean you are mentally old.
    As Curley always said………I resemble that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Legit question: Have ballots after election day been counted before as long as they were post marked?
    All mail in ballots are held by and protected by the firm of Shyster and Finnagle to be opened and counted whenever the results are needed. Once counted, they are turned over to the firm of Shredda and Faste to be verified.

Legit question: Have ballots after election day been counted before as long as they were post marked?
    Washington has complete state wide mail in ballots and yes, they count ballots that arrive after election day so long as they are post marked by election day.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this "anonymous" person..

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...-nyt-anonymous

anonymous..

I can't stop laughing at who ended up being, anonymous.

but maybe PSD isn't going to care.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I would guess it depends on the location/state but not sure all around, there have at least been some places that do it but not sure the #.

Either way, I think it would make far more sense to do it that way given you can't control USPS timing and that is how it works when you mail bills or often other important information.

I think we need to take the opposite approach that NYT article is pointing out though in many ways. We should be trying to encourage voting and make it easy not make it more difficult and try and limit it. We also should be trying to limit/restrict gerrymandering but the partisan SCOTUS decision makes that seem unlikely in near future.

EDIT: Found an answer within this...

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...rt-of-another/

Also, in 22 states (plus D.C.), mail ballots postmarked by Election Day (or in a few cases the day before) can still be counted even if they arrive days later – further lengthening the counting process. So it sounds like it is by state and getting close to half now allow it so long as postmarked by election day (or day before).
    Then those against it need to shut up IMO.

I still think Biden will win but you just can't dismiss the differences in the Enthus-O-Meter.

Trump just spoke a few miles from my office. Out of curiosity, I drove past the stadium he was speaking at…traffic everywhere and thousands of people at the rally. I watched the event in my office.

Biden is speaking in another county in FL (much bigger county than mine) and you don't seen anyone and you can't hear anyone other than him.

I know what the polls say, and I get the excuse of Biden keeping crowds dpown because of covid…but still, where is the enthusiasm??? He looks almost silly. Why no cars with flags for Bioden??? Trump has hundreds.

Malkes me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I still think Biden will win but you just can't dismiss the differences in the Enthus-O-Meter.

Trump just spoke a few miles from my office. Out of curiosity, I drove past the stadium he was speaking at…traffic everywhere and thousands of people at the rally. I watched the event in my office.

Biden is speaking in another county in FL (much bigger county than mine) and you don't seen anyone and you can't hear anyone other than him.

I know what the polls say, and I get the excuse of Biden keeping crowds dpown because of covid…but still, where is the enthusiasm??? He looks almost silly. Why no cars with flags for Bioden??? Trump has hundreds.

Malkes me wonder.
    Simple. People who are voting for Biden are simply voting for him because they dislike Trump. They don't like Biden but just hate Trump. That explains the disparity.

He says the only way he'll lose is if the democrats cheat, yet here we are watching him trying so hard to suppress voting. Unbelievable how many blind followers he has.

Then those against it need to shut up IMO.
    What do you mean? Do you mean Trump should shut up bc he keeps saying we need to have final results on Election Day or the thing is rigged?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Malkes me wonder.
    The Manson family was passionate

The fact that there are no people there????
    they are real horns being honked by people in cars that showed up for the rally. That’s not an illusion. If they pumped in an applause track that would be an illusion

It really is a unique strategy in politics to hit your base with a pandemic.

Malkes me wonder.
    Biden supporters tend to think it’s a bad idea to have super spreader events in the middle of a pandemic.