Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 286 of 336 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5038
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    If you were intelligent you’d understand that the 30 trillion figure is a 10 year figure, as well as only one side of the equation.

If you spend an additional 30 trillion but save 40 trillion in premiums and deductibles expense (made up for my point but all sources say it would be overall cheaper while administering better health results)... guess what? You’re saving money! That’s called fiscal responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have a question for you and anyone else for that matter. What does health insurance cost for an average person or family in the US? And what is or isn’t covered under the policies you guys have?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Here's the difference and the point that you do not get.

The Dems are promising things that they cannot deliver and, being smart people, they know they can't deliver.

There is a difference between promising jobs, a better trade deal, even a wall than promising universal free health care, tuition forgiveness, free tuition, slavery reparations, $1,000 a month just for the hell of it.

They can't provide the funds for what they promise and they know it. They are empty promises that buy votes.
    Trump promised a wall and gave more stringent immigration law and practice. If i was for keeping everyone out I would be happy with this even though he didn't deliver on the wall. Anywho:

when you vote for policies you think are in your interest economically why aren't you being brought?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Trump promised a wall and gave more stringent immigration law and practice. If i was for keeping everyone out I would be happy with this even though he didn't deliver on the wall. Anywho:

when you vote for policies you think are in your interest economically why aren't you being brought?
    Never mind the tax cut bribe.

Hope mayor Pete gets the nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Hope mayor Pete gets the nom.
    He's the only one that would get my vote. Maybe Tulsi.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    He's the only one that would get my vote. Maybe Tulsi.
    What do you like about Pete?

What do you like about Pete?

He's not the other 11. I'll call it 10.5 since Tulsi would get my vote if Pete wasn't running.

Honestly, he's the only sane one of the group. Very centrist in his ideology and isn't simply spouting nonsense to garner votes. Him and Tulsi actually believe what they are saying. Pete actually comes across as someone talking about country and not party. Or not trying to be cool like Harris. How that woman has any percentage of votes is mind boggling.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

The 2020 Presidential Race

He's not the other 11. I'll call it 10.5 since Tulsi would get my vote if Pete wasn't running.

Honestly, he's the only sane one of the group. Very centrist in his ideology and isn't simply spouting nonsense to garner votes. Him and Tulsi actually believe what they are saying. Pete actually comes across as someone talking about country and not party. Or not trying to be cool like Harris. How that woman has any percentage of votes is mind boggling.
    Thanks. Even though I am to the left I do admit sometimes they sound cartoonish. I do think Trump almost always does though. I think Pete could be a good candidate. He is smart, composed, well spoken, and he got a “good story” like the other broncs said. Honestly who he is diffuses a lot of the typical mud slinging shots.

Young, healthy, war vet (not a wimp), gay, well educated, religious, Midwestern.... he checks all the boxes

Last edited by ewing; 10-16-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks. Even though I am to the left I do admit sometimes they sound cartoonish. I do think Trump almost always does though. I think Pete could be a good candidate. He is smart, composed, well spoken, and he got a “good story” like the other broncs said. Honestly who he is diffuses a lot of the typical mud slinging shots.

Young, healthy, war vet (not a wimp), gay, well educated, religious, Midwestern.... he checks all the boxes

Don't disagree with anything you've said here, but I don't see what would be any different between his presidency and say a Romney presidency. Not a clown, wont get my vote in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Don't disagree with anything you've said here, but I don't see what would be any different between his presidency and say a Romney presidency. Not a clown, wont get my vote in this one.
    It better get your vote if he wins the primary.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It better get your vote if he wins the primary.
    He won't. Medicare for all who want it doesn't pass the test. Rest easy, I'm in illinois

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...y-if-it-werent

Presidential candidate and author Marianne Williamson excoriated the Democratic National Committee (DNC) in a Washington Post op-ed Wednesday night, accusing the DNC of working to exclude candidates who do not discuss a "preordained category of topics."

In the fiery column, Williamson argued that polling and individual donor requirements set by the DNC in order to qualify for debate state invitations had created a "false, inauthentic piece of high school theater posing as the Democratic debates."

"This would all be funny if it weren’t so dangerous. For reasons not easy to detect, the Democrats are held to a higher standard by the American people — who, despite a bad rap and a few spectacular failures, are usually good at smelling a rat," Williamson argued.

"Try as they might to throw people off the scent, the DNC and its media pals are creating the stench of inauthenticity at exactly the moment when some blazing truths should be shining through," she added.

Williamson, whose campaign was marked by standout performances during previous Democratic debates, failed to qualify for Tuesday's debate in Ohio, where 12 candidates appeared onstage in the largest one-night debate event ever.

In her op-ed Wednesday, she likened her exclusion from the debate to the Russian government's reported efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.

"The Russians are messing with our elections? Absolutely. But so are we. The old days of political backroom deals, where a few insiders determined who the candidate would be, are back," Williamson argued.

The author, who moved to Iowa earlier this year, has fallen behind other candidates in the polls and also failed to qualify for September's debate.
    polls shouldn't be used. polls are influenced by who the media covers.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/polit...ate/index.html

The worst news for Joe Biden Tuesday had nothing to do with the debate
    Just as Joe Biden -- and the rest of the 11 Democratic contenders -- were rounding the final turn in the fourth presidential debate on Tuesday night, a bombshell dropped.

No, not on the stage in Westerville, Ohio. All the way back in Washington, DC, where reports detailing how much each of the candidates raised, spent and most importantly have left in the bank began to land at the Federal Election Commission.

And the bombshell was this: Joe Biden, the former vice president of the United States and the 2020 Democratic front-runner from the day he entered the race officially in the spring, ended September with less than $9 million in the bank after spending more money than he raised in the previous three months.

SIREN.

Then consider this: Biden's total cash on hand is less than all of his main rivals for the Democratic nomination, including even California Sen. Kamala Harris ($10.5 million) who has dropped precipitously in polling over recent months. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders ($33.7 million) has more than three times more left to spend than Biden, while Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren ($25.7 million) and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg ($23.4 million) have well more than double Biden's total.

DOUBLE SIREN.

Why should these numbers cause panic -- or at least real concern -- for Biden? After all, money isn't everything in politics! Donald Trump won the Republican primary in 2016 spending a trifle of what people like Jeb Bush and even Ted Cruz did.

True! Money isn't always determinative. But what fundraising does signal -- especially in a crowded and uncertain field with a few months left before anyone actually votes -- is momentum and organic energy. Think about it: Taking some of your hard-earned money and giving it to a candidate is one of the strongest signs of support you could possibly offer. You are saying, in essence: I believe in this person so much that I am willing to invest in him or her. That's a big deal!

So Biden's total cash haul -- $15.7 million -- isn't great. (He was outraised by Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg.) But his burn rate -- the amount he spent -- is even more concerning. Biden spent more than $17.6 million, meaning $2 million more went out than came in. Which is bad! But could be mitigated somewhat if Biden had previously stocked away a Scrooge McDuck-like set of gold coins (or just plain dollar bills) that he could draw from to fund his efforts in the third fundraising quarter.

Unfortunately for Biden, however, there is no store of gold doubloons. He spent more than he raised and he has half (or less) of the cash on hand than his main rivals for the nomination. That's bad stacked on bad, with bad slathered on top.

On a symbolic level, Biden's fundraising struggles are indicative of his broader issues with energizing broad swaths of the Democratic base beyond the black community. (According to CNN's Fredreka Schouten, small-dollar donations -- typically a sign of grassroots energy -- accounted for less than one-third of Biden's total contributions in the third quarter.)

On a practical level, Biden's cash-poor status will complicate his efforts to a) build and maintain top-level organizations in not only the four early-voting state but also the slew of states slated to vote on March b) run the necessary TV ads in early states to reintroduce himself to voters and c) raise more money to fund all of these efforts because money is driven by momentum.

Yes, Biden remains the best-known candidate in the field. And yes, because of that status, he has less introducing (or reintroducing) of himself to do to voters. So his cash situation isn't a death knell as it might be for some of his rivals.

But make no mistake: Biden's fundraising situation is bad. And there are few signs it's getting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    He won't. Medicare for all who want it doesn't pass the test. Rest easy, I'm in illinois
    I don't care what state you're in. Whoever walks out of the primary and wins needs your vote. Complacency about who would win got us Trump in 2016 and it can't give us Trump in 2020.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't care what state you're in. Whoever walks out of the primary and wins needs your vote. Complacency about who would win got us Trump in 2016 and it can't give us Trump in 2020.
    Oh it's not complacency, he is already kowtowing. He was for Medicare for all a year ago. Its pretty simple, I'm a health care voter, I've written my state and federal reps letting them know that I'll will vote for candidates that support Medicare for all, and wont support those who don't. I wont make a liar of myself.

We have a very different understanding of what complacency means in this situation. I think that anyone but trump is a complacent take on the problems our country faces. We aren't gonna find a middle here.
    Last edited by benny01; 10-17-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Man, it's interesting that you think that of Pete. I see the complete opposite. He feels like a robot that was created by all of these think tanks and big money and strategists in to what they think the perfect candidate would be. He reminds me a lot of Jeb Bush to be honest, in the way that he seems to have molded into this centrist type of candidate that a lot of big money has gotten behind. He would get my vote if he is the nominee, but he won't be getting my vote in the primary.