Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 485 of 591 FirstFirst ... 385435475483484485486487495535585 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 8859
  1. #7261
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,344
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Wow Bernie promised to have Black and Latino people legally selling marijuana.
    The people and communities most ravaged by the war on drugs should be the first to have the shot at profiting off of it when legalized.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

  2. #7262
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,749
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The people and communities most ravaged by the war on drugs should be the first to have the shot at profiting off of it when legalized.
    Illinois law gives preference to minorities and those with violations on their records, of course JB's brother has a healthy carve out as well.

  3. #7263
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    44,899
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The people and communities most ravaged by the war on drugs should be the first to have the shot at profiting off of it when legalized.
    Hey I'm all for it. I just remember when saying "and the minorities can sell the weed" would be seen as a less progressive thing to say.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #7264
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,604
    Joe Biden thinks 150 million people have been killed since 2007.

    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  5. #7265
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    23,604
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/poll-...aign=dwtwitter

    Poll From Black-Led PAC: Blacks Getting Fed Up With Democratic Party
    A survey conducted by a political action committee that describes itself as an “independent, Black-led organization” revealed that more than half of their respondents felt that the Democratic Party is not responsive enough to their needs.

    Black voters are the core of the modern progressive coalition. We engage our community around the issues that matter most from protecting our voting rights to a fair economy and quality schools for our children, to criminal justice reform and a healthcare system that works for everyone. We believe in talking to Black voters on these issues at their doors, in their neighborhoods, online, and by mail. We educate, register, and mobilize Black voters, and use our power to hold our elected representatives accountable.

    According to Politico, “ … more than one-third of all black voters surveyed expressed a desire for ‘someone else’ to run. Given the option to vote for the Democratic nominee, Donald Trump or a third-party candidate, Trump and the third-party candidate each received 12 percent of support.”

    Adrianne Shropshire, executive director of BlackPAC, asserted, “Black voters are extremely anxious right now about what’s happening in the country. It matters not the age category or people that live in rural or suburban communities. People are paying attention at a really high rate.”

    Politico added, “BlackPAC found that 28 percent of the black voters in its survey reported either seeing Trump’s campaign ads, receiving mail paraphernalia or being directly contacted by the Trump campaign.”

    Shropshire cautioned, “This happens every election cycle. We hear from black voters a concern about whether Democrats are taking their votes for granted. And we also know that the vast majority of African Americans will vote Democrat. And it’s because people are making a political calculation about what’s in the best interest of the community and what’s in the best interest of the country.”

    As The Daily Wire reported last week, Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), who is black, predicted that President Trump would see a huge uptick from black voters in November 2020. He stated, “President Trump will see a 50 percent increase in his African-American support. It will go from 8 percent in 2016 to a minimum of 12 percent in 2020. He may even get to 15 percent of the African American vote, and that is game over.”

    Asked by Fox News’ Neil Cavuto what made him believe in that scenario, Scott answered, “Well, listen to what the Democrats are saying. They have top tier candidates that say redlining was a good thing, having a negative impact on African American home ownership. And what is President Trump doing during the same time? Simple. He had an executive order to increase affordability of home ownership, and African American home ownership since he took office is up about 2%. President Trump is not just talking a good game, he is walking a good game.”

    In December, Jack Brewer, a former NFL player who played for the Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles, told The Washington Times, “Donald Trump will get over 20% of the black vote … That is what’s going to win the election. Why? Because there hasn’t been a Republican to even try to go in and talk to the black community. They don’t go there. They don’t even try. I think he’s trying, finally.”

    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  6. #7266
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    My rundown, left to right:

    Mike: Not a funny guy. Don't try to be funny. Just stand there and hammer the normal guy opposite the crazy guy talking points. He did well on stop & frisk though, wasn't as groveling as last time. Did better overall as well relative to last time but literally anything would've been better - last time was awful.

    Pete: These are what death throes look like. The only question remaining is will the money dry up after a finish outside the top 4 in SC or will he needlessly hang on just to bow out after Tuesday.

    Liz: Couldn't be clearer she's running to be Bernie's VP at this point, went for kill shots on Biden (figuratively) and Bloomberg (literally) - nothing landed. Conceded in the postgame she may not win her own state. Truly no reason for her to still here. I kinda doubt Sanders would tab her anyway, but you never know, since she does, after all, fit the only criteria of "not a white guy" he's already on record with.

    Bernie: Finally. This was so remarkably long overdue, but none of these dopes learned anything from the Republicans last time around. Take the loudest lunatic seriously, guys. He defended himself poorly, because there are very few reasonable defenses for most of his plans. We won't know until Super Tuesday what the actual impact was though, because he never expected nor needed to win SC. If he were to finish third there though that could be an actual tide stemmer, albeit a mild one. The important thing is they finally went on him and hammered the implausibility of, you know, everything he says. The way they should have 6 or 7 debates ago; we'll see if it was too little too late.

    Joe: Was surprised to find this guy still has a pulse. He wore down toward the stretch run but I think he did enough to hang onto SC which he desperately, desperately needed to. Good for him. Also had no idea half the US population was actually murdered over the past thirteen years. Uncle Joe with another classic eye opener.

    Amy: I like Amy and I'd actually be fine with Amy as President. The thing is Amy has no chance at that and it's a waste of everyone's time, including the voters, for her to keep trotting out there and hanging around long enough to win only her own state and then quietly bow out immediately after. But she was fine last night, like she always is.

    Steyer: Take Amy's time wasting ten steps further and you have Tom Steyer. Poured his entire campaign into SC and isn't going to win SC. All debates should have the same pre-req that NV had; he had no business being there and his time took valuable and extremely limited time away from the handful of candidates with an actual pulse. Pointless.


  7. #7267
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,646
    I get it that candidates have a meed to appeal to all cultural, racial, religion, age etc.. groups. I get that. From both parties.

    Where I l lose interest in the candidate and lose faith in their abilities is when they make stupid statements in trying to do this.

    Joe Biden clearly said that when he is elected president he will see to it that a black woman is appointed to the Supreme Court. Statements such as that clearly tell me he will bypass more qualified candidates simply to put a black woman on the court.

    Why can't he just look at all the candidates available at the time…white men, black men, white women, black women, midgets etc…and choose the best person. Statements such as the one he made indicate to me that he cannot make an intelligent decision.

    Why would I want to vote for him????

    This was another debate where Kloby came across as the most level headed and reasonable candidate on the stage.

  8. #7268
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    Joe Biden thinks 150 million people have been killed since 2007.

    If we had eliminate guns and all those people hadn't died…just imagine how crowded it would be around here.

    The NRA…doing its part for populationcontrol

  9. #7269
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I get it that candidates have a meed to appeal to all cultural, racial, religion, age etc.. groups. I get that. From both parties.

    Where I l lose interest in the candidate and lose faith in their abilities is when they make stupid statements in trying to do this.

    Joe Biden clearly said that when he is elected president he will see to it that a black woman is appointed to the Supreme Court. Statements such as that clearly tell me he will bypass more qualified candidates simply to put a black woman on the court.

    Why can't he just look at all the candidates available at the time…white men, black men, white women, black women, midgets etc…and choose the best person. Statements such as the one he made indicate to me that he cannot make an intelligent decision.

    Why would I want to vote for him????

    This was another debate where Kloby came across as the most level headed and reasonable candidate on the stage.
    I get your reasoning, but you are acting like there is an objective measure of who the "best" candidate is. Who is the best candidate is an entirely subjective endeavor. Once you start looking at the resumes of all the contenders, they are all equally qualified in terms of accomplishments and achievements. For things like the Supreme Court, there are going to be other factors. It's why you'll never see a conservative or liberal President nominate the opposite to their ideology. Do you happen to believe the "best" candidate just so happens to be someone who aligns with them politically?

  10. #7270
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Once you start looking at the resumes of all the contenders, they are all equally qualified in terms of accomplishments and achievements.
    What.


  11. #7271
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I get your reasoning, but you are acting like there is an objective measure of who the "best" candidate is. Who is the best candidate is an entirely subjective endeavor. Once you start looking at the resumes of all the contenders, they are all equally qualified in terms of accomplishments and achievements. For things like the Supreme Court, there are going to be other factors. It's why you'll never see a conservative or liberal President nominate the opposite to their ideology. Do you happen to believe the "best" candidate just so happens to be someone who aligns with them politically?
    The "best candidate" is the opinion of the person making the nomination (after conferring with an untold number of advisors with input).

    I get it that repubs will nominate someone more conservative and the dems someone more liberal. Nothing wrong with that. When they start "looking" for particular personal characteristics, that is flat out wrong.

    Would you rather have a black woman or the best qualified white man???……neither black nor white not man nor woman is a qualification at all.

    What if BO wanted someone from Harvard because he went to Harvard, or the Trumpster from whatever college he went to (Wharton??? Not sure). This is flat out wrong..

    I dislike Sotomayor because she came out and said she has a different insight growing up as a Hispanic woman…we don't need that on the SC. Would she vote on immigration issues from the point of view of what is best for the US or form sympathetic point of view? I think she would vote as a Hispanic and this is wrong.

    Same thing with looking for a :"Black Woman." It's just wrong. Let's get the best person.

  12. #7272
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,344
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Trump being a dope and knowing nothing about health care does not equate Bernie to being not a dope and having a viable plan.
    I missed this. So, again, what's Trump's healthcare plan? You didn't answer.

    Or, if you just want to call him a dope in some weird way to justify having no plan at all: what's the GOP's healthcare plan? Or really just any prominent Republican's healthcare plan? Anything!?!
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

  13. #7273
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The "best candidate" is the opinion of the person making the nomination (after conferring with an untold number of advisors with input).

    I get it that repubs will nominate someone more conservative and the dems someone more liberal. Nothing wrong with that. When they start "looking" for particular personal characteristics, that is flat out wrong.

    Would you rather have a black woman or the best qualified white man???……neither black nor white not man nor woman is a qualification at all.

    What if BO wanted someone from Harvard because he went to Harvard, or the Trumpster from whatever college he went to (Wharton??? Not sure). This is flat out wrong..

    I dislike Sotomayor because she came out and said she has a different insight growing up as a Hispanic woman…we don't need that on the SC. Would she vote on immigration issues from the point of view of what is best for the US or form sympathetic point of view? I think she would vote as a Hispanic and this is wrong.

    Same thing with looking for a :"Black Woman." It's just wrong. Let's get the best person.
    Your political ideology is a personal characteristic lol.

    I'm asking you: what makes the white man more qualified than the black woman?

    What would make a candidate more qualified than the other to serve on the Supreme Court? If it's solely based on qualifications, then your political leanings should have no bearing on the decision.

  14. #7274
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,646
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Your political ideology is a personal characteristic lol.

    I'm asking you: what makes the white man more qualified than the black woman?

    What would make a candidate more qualified than the other to serve on the Supreme Court? If it's solely based on qualifications, then your political leanings should have no bearing on the decision.
    Bolded…It doesn't. He isn't and neither is she.

    Political leaning will always carry some weight. Any individual would have a view as to what is best for the country as a whole.

    Being white, black, male, female etc. should carry no weight.

    Being white, black, male, female etc. has absolutely no relevance as to what is best for the country.

    But you know all this.

  15. #7275
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,344
    Not sure how I felt about the final thought/motto at the very end. I think most flopped. Especially...

    Pete Buttigieg:
    I think the biggest conception misconception is that I’m not passionate. I get that I’m kind of level. Some say unflappable. I don’t think you want a president who’s flappable, but it’s precisely because I’m so passionate about the things that are going on in this country that I consider it important to approach all of that with discipline. And my disciplines are guided by the motto is I try to live by, many of which come from scripture. And just to be clear, I would never impose my interpretation of my religion on anybody.

    Pete Buttigieg:
    Just to sure as I’m wearing this ring, I’ll never let that happen to anybody. But I seek to live by the teachings that say that if you would be a leader, you must first be a servant. And of course the teaching not unique to the Christian tradition, but a big part of it that holds that we are to treat others as we would be treated. And when I think about everything at stake, from racial and economic justice, to our stewardship of the climate, to the need to heal the sick, and the need to heal this country, I seek for those teachings to order my steps as I go through this campaign, and as I go through life.
    Who gets riled up and excited about this guy?

    He did the classic "my biggest weakness is that I work too hard"

    And then some overly-confusing word salad as his "motto".


    Mike, the psychopath.

    Mike Bloomberg:
    Misconception that I’m six feet tall, and quote, I’ve trained for this job for a long time and when I get it, I’m going to do something rather than just talk about it.

    *abrupt stop* *awkward silence*
    Inspiring....

    Onto Joe. Better, I guess,

    Joe Biden:
    When you get knocked down, get up and everyone’s entitled to be treated with dignity no matter what. No matter who they are. Mine also that everyone should be represented. That no one’s better than me and I’m no better than anyone else. The fact is what we should be doing we talked about the Supreme Court. I’m looking forward to making sure there’s a black woman on the Supreme Court to make sure [inaudible 00:39:57]. Not a joke, not a joke. I pushed very hard for that.
    Steyer:

    Tom Steyer:
    The biggest misconception about me is that it’s somehow I’m defined by business success and money.

    Gayle King:
    Okay. And your motto?

    Tom Steyer:
    My motto, every day I write a cross on my hand to remind myself to tell the truth and do what’s right no matter what.
    Neat.

    Amy Klobuchar:
    I’d say the biggest … The biggest misconception is that I’m boring, because I’m not. I would say that my motto is the words of one of my political mentors, Paul Wellstone, who’s sadly no longer with us. And he said that politics is about improving people’s lives. And that’s been my life from when my grandpa was an iron ore miner and the union’s politics made them those mines safer. And when my dad needed treatment, it was there for him, and in his words, he was pursued by grace. And when my mom got divorced and she didn’t have a job and she went back to teaching and that gift of public service got her through. And then when our daughter was born-

    Gayle King:
    Senator Klobuchar, I’m sorry, what was your motto? I’m sorry, what was your motto?

    Amy Klobuchar:
    Oh, I thought we had a minute to answer the question.

    Gayle King:
    What was your motto? I’m sorry.

    Amy Klobuchar:
    My motto was that politics is about improving people’s lives.
    Neat.

    Elizabeth Warren:
    Well, I suppose one misconception is that I don’t eat very much. In fact, I eat all the time, because I get teased about this. Look, I never was supposed to be on a stage like this and the misconception is that I thought I should be president of the United States. No, I got into this because I am a fighter. My motto ties in directly to this. It’s Matthew 25 and that is in as much as she hath done it into one of these, the least of thy brethren, ye have done it unto me. For me, this is about how we treat other people and how we lift them up. That is why I am in this fight. That is why I am running to be president and it is why I will be an effective president.
    Fine. Not running through a wall for that, but fine.

    And, Bernie.

    Bernie Sanders:
    Misconception, and you’re hearing it here tonight, is that the ideas I’m talking about are radical. They’re not. In one form or another, they exist in countries all over the world. Healthcare is a human right. We have the necessity, the moral imperative to address the existential threat of climate change. Other countries are doing that. We don’t need more people in jail, disproportionately African American, than any other country on earth. Not a radical idea. The motto, the saying that that moves me the most is from Nelson Mandela and Mandela said, “Everything is impossible until it happens.” And that means, if we have the guts to stand up to powerful special interest, we’re doing phenomenally well. If we can bring working people together, black and white and Latino, we can create a nation.
    PSD'S RESIDENT BERNIE BROTHER

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •