Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 748 of 872 FirstFirst ... 248648698738746747748749750758798848 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 13068
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    But it was a great time for a monster tax cut, wasn’t it?

That’s some serious foresight (like I said — not a healthy economy).
    Reality is, neither side will currently budge and both sides are off the rails some in some of their thinking....as usual, the 'sweet spot' is somewhere in the middle.......but from what I've seen, closer to the Dem bill than the Rep (so not directly in the middle)

That's all Donnie did with his executive order re unemployment- select direct middle
    Deferring payroll taxes is just kicking the can down the road....eliminating them without a plan on replacing those funds is completely idiotic. But even the deferment in payroll taxes that came from the CARES Act don't really help businesses...or at least NEARLY as much as, oh I don't know, getting this pandemic under control so some semblance of normal business can return. Otherwise, businesses just have a larger bill to deal with once the deferment period is over and haven't recovered enough to not just create another problem then.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Payroll taxes account for about $1.2T each year. So a deferral of them for 4 months means that Social Security and Medicare get hit with a roughly $400B deficit. Two programs that are self financed through these payroll taxes will now become programs that once again contribute to the debt and deficit thanks to Republican action.

And the worst part is that it won't even help people. People who are getting paid are not being hurt by the forced shutdown of the economy. The people who aren't being paid aren't paying any payroll taxes.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think the likelihood is that this will be either a historically high voter turnout or historically low.
    Historically low favors Trump, high favors Biden.
    And if Biden wins, George Floyd gets a tragically unfortunate assist.
    As does the Kung Flu. It really highlighted Trump's inability to actually lead.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Payroll taxes account for about $1.2T each year. So a deferral of them for 4 months means that Social Security and Medicare get hit with a roughly $400B deficit. Two programs that are self financed through these payroll taxes will now become programs that once again contribute to the debt and deficit thanks to Republican action.

And the worst part is that it won't even help people. People who are getting paid are not being hurt by the forced shutdown of the economy. The people who aren't being paid aren't paying any payroll taxes.
    Well, it depends on what all payroll taxes we're talking about. Employees pay a portion as well and Trump was talking about the business' portion only I think (who knows, he may have hatched the whole thing over a Coors Light on the 10th hole)....there's also FICA, Medicare, and SS taxes separately...and state depending.

Unemployment benefits are not tax free btw...there are states that don't tax them, but the feds have been (wasn't always the case)........so unless THAT'S forgiven this year, THIS subject will come up by January, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    As does the Kung Flu. It really highlighted Trump's inability to actually lead.
    I agree.....but I have to say, I hate all the various terms being used while everybody seems to assume China is at fault for the virus when all we think we know is that it started there. What if we find out (as was suggested awhile back) that the US was funding some research on bats or some **** and that's where COVID was 'born'?

Wait, you're North Shore? Total sidebar of course, but did the hurricane do anything out there? My brother in Honolulu said they ended up with nary a gust of wind or drop of rain. I go there every Christmas...was hella disappointed the Eddie didn't materialize in December...tho traffic out there is hell enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Other than my belief that the debates sway more people than you think……I don't disagree with anything you've stated.
    Cheers. We’ll see I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yep. And I'll admittedly vote for a narcissistic douchebag over a guy with a history of narcissism himself that is losing his ****ing mind and will literally be the speaking dummy of progressives.

We're definitely in shambles, but I'm not voting for biden. C'mon man!
    Why would you vote for trump, other than party affiliation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm not so sure he is going to win. And while I disagree with voting by mail, I think this will get through.

I also don't think this will all be settled on election night. I think it is going to be a nightmare worse than the Bush Gore fiasco.

And if everything is up in the air…who decides what is what??? SCOTUS???

Seems like I heard/read somewhere that if nothing is decided by Inauguration Day (Jan 20) then somehow Pelosi becomes interim pres……is this true????
    Speaker of the House is third in line and without a confirm Potus or VP that could occur in some instances.

I’m kinda torn between thinking the outcome will be exactly the same as 2016, versus thinking that Dems were too complacent in 2016 and they’re awake and moderates are just done with Trumps drama and we’re going to see a big Biden win.

I have a hard time believing a big Biden win because (1) the one issue voters (abortion, guns, whatever) always keep any GOP candidate strong and (2) Biden just doesn’t have the vision or messaging of a winning candidate. Nothing compelling. There’s no “Make America Great” or “Hope and Change” or...anything consistent. He will lose the marketing game flat out.

Even policy wise. Trump could thump on a wall and immigration over and over. Bernie had Medicare for all and corporate corruption.

Biden needs to find “a thing” and fast that he can preach over and over. Something other than “Trump is terrible”. At a time of a pandemic where people are dying over lack of coverage and being evicted, it’s a good time to borrow Yang’s universal basic income approach.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I agree.....but I have to say, I hate all the various terms being used while everybody seems to assume China is at fault for the virus when all we think we know is that it started there. What if we find out (as was suggested awhile back) that the US was funding some research on bats or some **** and that's where COVID was 'born'?

Wait, you're North Shore? Total sidebar of course, but did the hurricane do anything out there? My brother in Honolulu said they ended up with nary a gust of wind or drop of rain. I go there every Christmas...was hella disappointed the Eddie didn't materialize in December...tho traffic out there is hell enough.
    I agree, it was more of a tounge in cheek comment about Trump's inability to lead. What kind of president makes up nicknames for a virus that has killed over 160,000.

North Shore, Prince Edward Island. Unfortunately I'm not from Hawaii, I'm just a hoser like special. It's definitely not Hawaii but it's a beautiful spot in late spring, summer and fall. The winters aren't for the faint of heart. A lot of ice/snow/rain glad freezes that last couple of years. Also, when you live on the 500 metres from the water on the north side of the island you get some pretty unpredictable weather in the early spring.

That's my plug for my piece of red soiled earth I call home. That and we have zero active Covid cases and zero deaths

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Speaker of the House is third in line and without a confirm Potus or VP that could occur in some instances.

I’m kinda torn between thinking the outcome will be exactly the same as 2016, versus thinking that Dems were too complacent in 2016 and they’re awake and moderates are just done with Trumps drama and we’re going to see a big Biden win.

I have a hard time believing a big Biden win because (1) the one issue voters (abortion, guns, whatever) always keep any GOP candidate strong and (2) Biden just doesn’t have the vision or messaging of a winning candidate. Nothing compelling. There’s no “Make America Great” or “Hope and Change” or...anything consistent. He will lose the marketing game flat out.

Even policy wise. Trump could thump on a wall and immigration over and over. Bernie had Medicare for all and corporate corruption.

Biden needs to find “a thing” and fast that he can preach over and over. Something other than “Trump is terrible”. At a time of a pandemic where people are dying over lack of coverage and being evicted, it’s a good time to borrow Yang’s universal basic income approach.

The 2020 is the classic lose/lose situation for the country.

I think Biden will win and he is borderline mentally competent. This means that there will be others in the background pulling strings (BO, the Clinton Machine, Pelosi etc.). He also has already stated that he will not run for a 2nd term…so why run for the first??? There is also the real chance that he doesn't finish the first term…or maybe something happens before Nov 2.

If Trump should win…all hell would break loose. There would be all sorts of protests, riots, claims of fraud, claims of disenfranchisement, claims of mail in ballot problems. It will be a mess. He will also become the first president to be impeached twice. It will be four more years of BS.

Sometimes it is good to be the oldest guy in the room. In the long run (or short run for me) it makes little difference to me who wins. For the country…it is lose/lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087;33549834[B
    ]Sales taxes won't ever really be progressive. [/B]They are designed to affect anyone equally regardless of spending. The only way that you could do a progressive sales tax would require a MASSIVE tracking of our spending where the system can check how much you have spent to that point in the year and apply a tax based on that. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think that's a good idea. The only other way is a prebate and I really don't like that idea either. It's far less of a security concern, but it's still not a good system.
    Go back and re-read what I wrote.

Sales tax is the same for everyone. But place a surtax on certain items that affect only the rich (or others that wish to waste $$$).

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Why would you vote for trump, other than party affiliation?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Why would I vote for Biden?

And Trump's personality has zero consequence on my life, other than having to endure the mindless whining from those that are endlessly triggered by his personality.

I think the better question is: Why wouldn't I vote for Trump?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

This web site (Breitbart) contains excerpts from a book called……

50 Things They Don’t Want You to Know About Trump and written by a black guy.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ns-book-cover/

Some may fond it interesting. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I agree, it was more of a tounge in cheek comment about Trump's inability to lead. What kind of president makes up nicknames for a virus that has killed over 160,000.

North Shore, Prince Edward Island. Unfortunately I'm not from Hawaii, I'm just a hoser like special. It's definitely not Hawaii but it's a beautiful spot in late spring, summer and fall. The winters aren't for the faint of heart. A lot of ice/snow/rain glad freezes that last couple of years. Also, when you live on the 500 metres from the water on the north side of the island you get some pretty unpredictable weather in the early spring.

That's my plug for my piece of red soiled earth I call home. That and we have zero active Covid cases and zero deaths
    Ahh, yeah....slightly different climate than Oahu

Family has for years (and now more than ever) heard me say...just find me an island with WiFi somewhere and leave me alone...and since I can't afford my own...

....tho I've had enough South Dakota winters to not be thinking of going working my way north when I retire

Now, Vancouver Island maybe....

But we know what kind of president makes up nicknames like that for a virus.......a kind we're likely to never see again in this country

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Why would I vote for Biden?

And Trump's personality has zero consequence on my life, other than having to endure the mindless whining from those that are endlessly triggered by his personality.

I think the better question is: Why wouldn't I vote for Trump?
    And this epitomizes your childish world view. No one matters but me!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>