Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 773 of 888 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783823873 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 13315
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Would help if there was any intellectual prowess on the right here...

I stoop all the time. How can I not?
    Surely you jest! The crack team of FNK, Brewers, fingerbang, dbroncsinmo, and Sluggo are bastions of intellectual prowess.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 08-13-2020 at 10:45 PM.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

A couple of fair-minded repulican posters lefted after Trump won leaving us the Trumpulicans.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Same.

I’m legitimately excited to have some intellectual prowess here again. It’s going to force me to up my game rather than just stirring the pot.
    I’m not smart enough.

Flips should be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A couple of fair-minded repulican posters lefted after Trump won leaving us the Trumpulicans.
    Patsfan was great. He was that George Will style of conservative where you can’t discredit the argument but you can disagree and move on.

We could use some more good quality conservatives on here. Sluggo and dbroncsinmo are outnumbered.

Seems to me the Lincoln project will become the new party for moderate/conservatives and Qanon will become Trump's party. The republican party is going to go the way of the whigs.

Doubt it.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Lefted? I'm sure their departure was due to dealing with the crazies in this forum.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    The two ways that segregation takes place are de jure and de facto. When the challenge is made to show where or what the 45th president has done that is an acceptance of segregation, these two approaches have to be separated.

By definition, de jure segregation is segregation that is a result of a law. In this challenge, I will join with the people who say that the 45th president has not done nor advocated for segregation.

By definition, de facto segregation is something that exists as a result of fact other than law. In this challenge, I can begin by pointing out what he and Fred did in which they paid a a fine. As president, I will point out his current diatribe in which he has warned the “suburban housewives of America” that Biden “will destroy your neighborhood and your American Dream.” The tweets are dog whistles aimed at reviving a failing presidential campaign. But formally speaking, these are allusions to the administration’s plan to withdraw the Obama-era Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule.

To say there is no segregation is factually incorrect if one includes de facto segregation. Drive around any city and you will see the (fill in the blank) parts of town. By advocating the withdrawal of the AFFH rule, he is advocating for segregation.
    Wow blast from the past. Miss ya man.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    The definitions I used are in fact correct. In as much as part of your critique was based on a false premise that the the definition of de facto segregation was either incorrect or non existent, rather than get into your or my credibility, let me begin with two sources that define de facto segregation.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...egalDictionary
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/de-facto-segregation

I have to laugh at Professor Pony Tail, for my dome is way to bare and shiny to even think of such a thing. Strangely enough, I live in a middle class neighborhood in a house that is all but paid for. No one gave it to my wife and I, we earned it.

As far as self segregation, you are correct for some, but not all. The best fallacies have some truth to justify the falsehood. I have seen (with my eyes) how de facto segregation has worked against some. Not me. I am a member of the dominant group. Never the less, I have seen it. Your denial of it does not change reality.

As far as the personal attacks, I just say this.

I feel bad for people who make accusations about people who they have no history with. Living off of assumptions without any more basis than a single writing and disagreement about it says far more about their approach to life than mine. For the few people who have known me from my past here know that you are wrong. I have neither the time nor the inclination to defend myself from baseless accusations. With that, I wish you well.
    You should be even more insulted by the professor ponytail thing... because sluggo's been calling me that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Just had a flashback of how mature the politics forum used to be and realizing how unfit I was for that original environment.
    Don't sell yourself short man.

Oh
    My
    God

You’re back?!?!?

What’s the PSD equivalent of a hug?

I’ve missed you.

It's midnight and I have a big ole smile on my face. This is the sweetest post in the history of message boards.

Agree. Reports of China interference, like I mentioned, are also strong.

I’ve not seen US intelligence say that they concealed COVID though. Not surprising given the country.

how many Democrats are also pushing China and Iran? more of what I have seen (such as Nancy Pelosi) are Russia Russia Russia.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Do you not remember the “both sides” comment. He’s clearly referring to that.

This is the recurring problem with Trumpers. You seem to think this puts him on or with the dangerous number of lies Trump churns out. Virtually every speaking appearance is loaded with factless claims and gross exaggerations. He’s admitted in the past to using this tactic. “Keep saying it’s and they believe it”. His mentor Roy Cohn lived by that method.

Finding these “he’s not quite telling the whole thing” moments are worthy of criticism for sure, but there’s nowhere near the equivalent of a compulsive lying Trump, and to defend him over and over while he continues to churn out lies, but also come in here and point out lies from others is just the ultimate in hypocrisy.

I'm well aware of the both sides comment, which was not referring to the neo Nazis and white nationalists. that is the point. there were fine people there on both sides, including counter protesters (not Antifa), along with those protesting the removal of the statue that were not connected to the Nazis/white nationalists.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Can any of you guys talk in something other than extremes? No one is arguing this is ALL Trump's fault.
    by no one do you mean no one at PSD? (which I find hard to believe), or no one as in no one important in politics? because that would be wrong. Nancy Pelosi called this the Trump virus. people have pushed this is all Trump['s fault, using whatever the current number of deaths as Trump's fault.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gotta love 'referential' treatment