Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 769 of 880 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819869 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 13198
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sure they don't....
    I would say back in March our GD forum probably knew just as much about covid as all three branches. Our lockdown start dates were the same as the rest of the western world. The idea that the democrats would have eradicated this thing is a big pile of bs.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I would say back in March our GD forum probably knew just as much about covid as all three branches. [emoji23] Our lockdown start dates were the same as the rest of the western world. The idea that the democrats would have eradicated this thing is a big pile of bs.
    Keep making up bogus arguments. I know I sure haven't said that the democrats would have eradicated the coronavirus. All I've said is that they would have handled it much better than the clueless buffoon you can't help yourself from defending.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Today Kamala with a straight face said that Donald Trump is the reason so many Americans are unemployed. Can anyone refresh my memory and tell me which party has been fighting tooth and nail for the lockdown?
    Fight a bullshitter with ********. Makes sense. If nobody cares about his incessant lies, Dems may as well turn it up to his level. Maybe some memes of him lighting a church on fire or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    THESE PEOPLE BACK IN MARCH SAID EVERYTHING WAS FINE.

Cuomo said that kids should still go to school. Mayor of NYC said that people should still go to restaurants and bars etc. Fauci wasn’t worried

But you know Trump was the only one who wasn’t aware of how bad it could be!

My oh my how details allude you.

More like critical details, facts, and the truth just don't concern him.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Yet Fauci and many experts agreed that the virus isn’t anything to worry about etc

All right. Doesnt change anything I said...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I would say back in March our GD forum probably knew just as much about covid as all three branches. Our lockdown start dates were the same as the rest of the western world. The idea that the democrats would have eradicated this thing is a big pile of bs.
    Trump knew enough to ban travel from China in January. You're not doing that to the world's second biggest economic power unless there is significant knowledge of a health crisis going on there. No one could have predicted the extent of this thing. The virus was way too new in its origin to know how infectious it would be but there was knowledge that this virus was an emergency in China and that it was spreading.

That said, Trump downplayed this from the beginning. Whether it was his lack of interest in testing, whether it was his disinterest in providing funds for hospitals, whether it was his shunning of wearing masks, etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...38c_video.html

No one is suggesting that Democrats would have eradicated this thing but they certainly wouldn't have brushed it aside like Donald has. There would have been a more coordinated effort to get people on the same page. Meanwhile this idiot makes everything about the virus political and it encourages his base to shame the science behind it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-13-2020 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Trump knew enough to ban travel from China in January. You're not doing that to the world's second biggest economic power unless there is significant knowledge of a health crisis going on there. No one could have predicted the extent of this thing. The virus was way too new in its origin to know how infectious it would be but there was knowledge that this virus was an emergency in China and that it was spreading.

That said, Trump downplayed this from the beginning. Whether it was his lack of interest in testing, whether it was his disinterest in providing funds for hospitals, whether it was his shunning of wearing masks, etc.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...38c_video.html

No one is suggesting that Democrats would have eradicated this thing but they certainly wouldn't have brushed it aside like Donald has. There would have been a more coordinated effort to get people on the same page. Meanwhile this idiot makes everything about the virus political and it encourages his base to shame the science behind it.
    How did he “downplay it” if he took action In January like he said?

How did he “downplay it” if he took action In January like he said?

What action did he take?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

What lockdown?

I live right outside of NYC. The thing spread throughout the region before we were even advised to wear masks. Talk about wishful thinking.
    Unfortunately, science does not move at the pace your hindsight does, especially when it is shackled by inept politicians (on both sides).

Fun fact: Our lockdowns began about a day before Germany's and they're considered to have handled it the best.
    And this means what? Have you examined the German situation vis a vis the US in any depth?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    US Intelligence (not whiny libs, US INTELLIGENCE) says Russia Continues Interfering:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/07/u...erference.html

If anyone missed it, that viral bible burning video that Don Jr shared was sourced from a Kremlin backed media agency.

They’re still saying China is likely to interfere as well from the opposite side against Trump. I’m sure GOPers will suddenly care about THOSE intelligence findings post-election.

some people pick and choose when to believe US intelligence, which also said that China concealed Coronavirus.

if people in politics want to talk about Russia and preventing them from interfering, then good, but also include both China and Iran that don't want Trump to win.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    100% accurate.

His inaction lead to the virus spreading to such a degree that the only way to stop the health system from collapsing was to shut down the entire economy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    is Trump also responsible for other countries too?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    The two ways that segregation takes place are de jure and de facto. When the challenge is made to show where or what the 45th president has done that is an acceptance of segregation, these two approaches have to be separated.

By definition, de jure segregation is segregation that is a result of a law. In this challenge, I will join with the people who say that the 45th president has not done nor advocated for segregation.

By definition, de facto segregation is something that exists as a result of fact other than law. In this challenge, I can begin by pointing out what he and Fred did in which they paid a a fine. As president, I will point out his current diatribe in which he has warned the “suburban housewives of America” that Biden “will destroy your neighborhood and your American Dream.” The tweets are dog whistles aimed at reviving a failing presidential campaign. But formally speaking, these are allusions to the administration’s plan to withdraw the Obama-era Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule.

To say there is no segregation is factually incorrect if one includes de facto segregation. Drive around any city and you will see the (fill in the blank) parts of town. By advocating the withdrawal of the AFFH rule, he is advocating for segregation.
    Good post. Well written, good sentence construction and very lucid.

Unfortunately, after the first two paragraphs, your opinions are a complete crock of spit.

Here is the definition of "segregation." (But you know this already.)

noun
    the action or state of setting someone or something apart from other people or things or being set apart: the segregation of pupils with learning difficulties.

• the enforced separation of different racial groups in a country, community, or establishment: an official policy of racial segregation.

Segregation is forced.

People will live where they are most comfortable. This often comes down to what they can afford. The fact that many minorities are undereducated and underskilled limits them to inexpensive housing. That is no one's fault but their own. De facto,, de jure, whatever…it is on them. No one is forcing them to live anywhere. Prosperous or even moderately successful minorities move into better neighborhoods all the time. They're not about to live in some of these neighborhoods you feel are segregated. They can and do, do better for their families.

I live in a middle class neighborhood. I live there because it is safe and has good schools for my kids. It is also what I can afford. I would (and have) worked two jobs to keep my family in such a neighborhood. Many in the poorer neighborhoods can't even work one job for whatever reason they wish to give.

But here's the real problem with your post………you seem to have a very professorial way about you. Maybe you are an instructor of some kind. You sound very credible so when you spew these points of view, people tend to listen to you. You're giving people that have failed a reason for the failure other than themselves. "Yes, you are in substandard housing, but it's the way our government keeps you segregated." And they buy into this. JJ and Rev Al have made millions out of this and you're more well spoken than they are.

You're like the college professor that gets these kids and gives all the reasons for the woes of the world…stolen land from the Indians, abhorrent slave policies, need for reparations, aggressive police, white privilege, Microagression (I love that one), American imperialism yada, yada, yada. They (and maybe you) stand in the front of the room of high priced institutions so they must know more than the stupid ignorant parents that are busting their ***** to foot the bill. Dumb *** dad is a plumber. What could he know, he fixes toilets. Prof. Pony Tail knows the real ills of the world.

People like you do more harm to minorities than good. Problem is that they don't know it and neither do you.

Joe Biden lying to America, and no doubt this will not be fact checked by the media.

Last edited by SpecialFNK; 08-13-2020 at 10:01 AM.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯