Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 257 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3847
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,118

    The 2020 Presidential Race

    Is it starting up in earnest?

    —Elizabeth Warren released results of recent DNA test today.

    Sen. Elizabeth Warren has released the results of a DNA test that she says provides "strong evidence" of Native American ancestry dating back six to 10 generations, addressing a controversy that has followed her for years.

    The results were part of an elaborate strategy to end questions about her ancestry, possibly in anticipation of a 2020 presidential bid. In addition to the DNA analysis that fit with family stories, Warren also released a campaign-style video with clips of President Trump mocking her and vignettes from her family history.


    https://www.npr.org/2018/10/15/65746...rican-ancestry


    — Cory Booker (a US Senator from New Jersey) went to Iowa last week, and Kamala Harris (a US Senator from California) is heading there in next week. Gosh, now why would they go to Iowa, of all places?

    Booker visited Iowa October 6th-9th and has drawn impressive crowds to his early events thanks in large part to the extensive groundwork Booker has begun in the state far ahead of many of the other high-profile potential 2020 hopefuls.

    Kamala Harris also plans to visit the Hawkeye State on October 22nd and 23rd and will appear in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids after she visits South Carolina and Wisconsin. Harris has recently said she will “seriously take a look at” running in 2020 following the November midterms.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...a-2020-737559/
    Last edited by Crovash; 10-15-2018 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,374
    Election reform would be wonderful. Maximum 6 months and $10M for any federal position campaign. Anybody who goes over either limit is DQd.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Is it starting up in earnest?

    —Elizabeth Warren released results of recent DNA test today.

    Sen. Elizabeth Warren has released the results of a DNA test that she says provides "strong evidence" of Native American ancestry dating back six to 10 generations, addressing a controversy that has followed her for years.

    The results were part of an elaborate strategy to end questions about her ancestry, possibly in anticipation of a 2020 presidential bid. In addition to the DNA analysis that fit with family stories, Warren also released a campaign-style video with clips of President Trump mocking her and vignettes from her family history.


    https://www.npr.org/2018/10/15/65746...rican-ancestry


    — Cory Booker (a US Senator from New Jersey) went to Iowa last week, and Kamala Harris (a US Senator from California) is heading there in next week. Gosh, now why would they go to Iowa, of all places?

    Booker visited Iowa October 6th-9th and has drawn impressive crowds to his early events thanks in large part to the extensive groundwork Booker has begun in the state far ahead of many of the other high-profile potential 2020 hopefuls.

    Kamala Harris also plans to visit the Hawkeye State on October 22nd and 23rd and will appear in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids after she visits South Carolina and Wisconsin. Harris has recently said she will “seriously take a look at” running in 2020 following the November midterms.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...a-2020-737559/
    Could be.

    http://www.city-data.com/city/Ernest-Pennsylvania.html

    I know Trump is scheduled to go to PA in the next week.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    72,787
    I almost made this thread last Thursday. Thanks! Plenty to discuss.

    Definitely a move with an eye towards 20/20. Not sure it matter a whole lot. I'm sure Trump will still be calling her Pocahontas.


    Also, I do think at this point Bernie is going to run too. He's making all the early moves you'd expect.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    55,069
    Anyone else think Bernie would do far better running as an independent?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    89,701
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Anyone else think Bernie would do far better running as an independent?
    NO! We can't have any more of this green party bull****. The Democrats should have won that election in Ohio but because of the green party vote, they lost.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,360
    ^lol so that's incorrect

    Maybe the democratic party should appeal to those voters better?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    89,701
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    ^lol so that's incorrect

    Maybe the democratic party should appeal to those voters better?
    If morons hadn’t voted for the third party in the Ohio special election, there would be a Democrat occupying a seat that had only been held by Democrats in the 1930s and once in 1980. But they grabbed defeat from
    the jaws of victory...like they always do.

    I’d love to have it tattooed on every Democrat “perfection is the enemy of good”.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29,218
    Warren punked Trump, and now the White House is going crazy trying to trivialize Warren's results.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,360
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If morons hadn’t voted for the third party in the Ohio special election, there would be a Democrat occupying a seat that had only been held by Democrats in the 1930s and once in 1980. But they grabbed defeat from
    the jaws of victory...like they always do.

    I’d love to have it tattooed on every Democrat “perfection is the enemy of good”.
    If the moronic democratic party would appeal to those voters, maybe they'd vote democrat. Otherwise, you're just voter shaming.

    Bernie should run 3rd party and make the democratic party come to him. Otherwise he'll just get cheated, again, in the primary.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,715
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Warren punked Trump, and now the White House is going crazy trying to trivialize Warren's results.
    Punked Trump?

    https://twitter.com/justinwingerter/...576169476?s=21

    Yeah she really punked him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Punked Trump?

    https://twitter.com/justinwingerter/...576169476?s=21

    Yeah she really punked him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Um, Trump offered 1 million dollars for her to take a DNA test proving she had native american ancestry. Elizabeth Warren took a DNA test that proves she has native american ancestry. Then Trump claimed he never said what he said, and "who cares". It's certainly no surprise for him to come off as a liar and an idiot, it happens daily, but still entertaining.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    29,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Punked Trump?

    https://twitter.com/justinwingerter/...576169476?s=21

    Yeah she really punked him
    She did punk him, that's why he's backtracking on his pledge to donate $1 Million. If you read the statement from your tweet, they say:

    "Sovereign Tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation"


    So yes, the DNA test proves she's part Native American. No she not a legally defined Native American or part of any tribe. But she has Native American ancestry.

    Sorry, y'all were wrong. It is funny seeing how worked up conservatives are about this though.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,715
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    She did punk him, that's why he's backtracking on his pledge to donate $1 Million. If you read the statement from your tweet, they say:

    "Sovereign Tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation"


    So yes, the DNA test proves she's part Native American. No she not a legally defined Native American or part of any tribe. But she has Native American ancestry.

    Sorry, y'all were wrong. It is funny seeing how worked up conservatives are about this though.
    DNA doesn’t prove anything and the biggest tribal group even says so. They even say: Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage

    Maybe she punked Trump by taking the DNA test but she set herself up big time for political ads with her saying this DNA test proves her heritage while the biggest group says this is not true and wrong etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,715
    And the DNA test proves she’s 1/64 to 1,024

    That’s ridiculous


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 257 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •