Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 236 of 282 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4230
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    The presence of a third party candidate leads to the worst case scenario when two of the three candidates are similar in policy. It puts the dissimilar of the three candidates at an advantage, in the case of 2020, a strong third party candidate would seal a victory for Trump.
    You could also argue that Andrew Yang is 2020's third party candidate despite running as a Democrat. Allow me to add that no lobbyist was consulted for his policy platform. And that Bernie Sanders in 2016 set a different distinction within the party that we haven't seen in a very long time.
    At this time, a third party vote is a wasted one, they've been nothing more then **** candidates who've altered the general election.
    If neither of the two major parties represents your interests and values then a 3rd party vote is not a waste.

Also a strong third party candidate could also end Trump if theyíre a well known conservative who could carry GOPers that are tired of his nonsense. Weld, Kasich, Romney....they run on their own and almost any Dem could beat Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Nader. He was Bernie before Bernie; speaking for the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    What troubles have what we have caused? When has an election been stolen? Sounds like a pretend problem
    Itís all a solution in search of a problem.

Did not expect Booker to be a favorite in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I love Nader. He was Bernie before Bernie; speaking for the working class.

You could make the same argument for Ron Paul but like every libertarian, there is a trial of mega rich donors who dislike taxes more than their love for this country. Tax cuts are conservatives version of hand outs, they mostly help the mega rich at the expense of everyone else and involve major cuts to infrastructure, education etc. or add the deficit which is all harmful to the middle class in the long term.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-01-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    You could make the same argument for Ron Paul but like every libertarian, there is a trial of mega rich donors who dislike taxes more than their love for this country. Tax cuts are conservatives version of hand outs, they mostly help the mega rich at the expense of everyone else and involve major cuts to infrastructure, education etc. or add the deficit which is all harmful to the middle class in the long term.
    Well kinda. Itís just about having more of your own money and not wanting it to be taken from you to support people you donít care about because they should take care of themselves just like you do or to be mismanaged by the government.

I donít agree with it because I think itís shortsided, but just saying itís not as villainous as that. They have legit reasons.

Yea itís a quirky one that I donít understand. Iíd love to hear the speculation. I know Utah is not a fan of Trump and has made that well known since 2016. Whoever the nominee ends up being should be working with Evan McMullin on an endorsement. You combine Hillary and Evanís numbers, it makes Utah a purple state. Thatís insane!

Pretty ****** list!

I am one of the few it seems that really likes Booker, maybe because that would mean Rosario Dawson would be First Lady? Or first GF?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea itís a quirky one that I donít understand. Iíd love to hear the speculation. I know Utah is not a fan of Trump and has made that well known since 2016. Whoever the nominee ends up being should be working with Evan McMullin on an endorsement. You combine Hillary and Evanís numbers, it makes Utah a purple state. Thatís insane!
    They still voted for him, these polls mean jack ****!

Well kinda. Itís just about having more of your own money and not wanting it to be taken from you to support people you donít care about because they should take care of themselves just like you do or to be mismanaged by the government.

I donít agree with it because I think itís shortsided, but just saying itís not as villainous as that. They have legit reasons.

As it's been said, If men were like angels, there would be no reason for government at all. I believe in a merit based tax system. A system in which tax incentives are only given when warranted. We also should be looking to increase taxes on automation, robots.
    Roughly 60% of America's wealth is inherited. That means more than half of the wealth in America is dominated by people who didn't even work for it.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-01-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They still voted for him, these polls mean jack ****!
    Evan took over 20% of the vote in the Utah election. Trump came in 3rd place in the Utah primary getting 13% of the vote. I think if you don't have a 3rd party taking up all that oxygen running as the native son that you could legit see Utah go to the Democrats based on the unique demographics that seem to exist and electoral nature of Utah.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Evan took over 20% of the vote in the Utah election. Trump came in 3rd place in the Utah primary getting 13% of the vote. I think if you don't have a 3rd party taking up all that oxygen running as the native son that you could legit see Utah go to the Democrats based on the unique demographics that seem to exist and electoral nature of Utah.
    Nah

I understand that Evan took a lot away, but if given the choice of just Trump and a dem, Trump still wins as he did last time and maybe by a wider margin.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah. Biden vs. Trump would be just brutally depressing.

Still, if you're left of center and you think a libertarian is better than most of the Democratic candidates, yikes. I'm as disillusioned with the Party as it gets, but the issues still matter. And Bill Weld, Gary Johnson and the rest of them are horrible when it comes to the issues. As much as I think he's an uninspiring sundowning idiot, I'd vote for Biden over any 3rd party candidate I can think of.

Our two-party system sucks though, that's for sure.
    Bill Weld is basically Bill Clinton under Republican clothing.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward