Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 235 of 294 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 4397
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Hopefully a Dem can win and get Trump out, I just found out from CNN that the only reason he wants to Nuke Huricanes is because they come from Africa.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ck_people.html

This kind of racism cannot stand.
    Once again Trump is misquoted.

He doesn't want to numk hurricanes coming from Africa.

he wants to nuke Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And this is easier than just simply getting a state issued ID card?????

Really????

Seriously????

We would rather do this than offer a valid ID card.

Cripes!!!!

……………………

There's a killer storm coming to Florida. You can get free sandbags at various county locations with a valid state ID showing where you live. So you can vote for president without ID but you can't get sandbags.

What a country!
    I am pretty damn sure that you won’t get turned away from getting sandbags because you don’t have an ID.

But yes, it is easier to have people checking to see whether people are eligible that are provisional as opposed to just rejecting them with no time to fix issues.

For the first time in my life, I'm strongly considering opting out of the Democratic Party. I think they've gone in the wrong direction for some time now and I don't see them heading in the right direction in the near future.
    We need to take a hard look at creating a third party that would represent the people, welcoming people of different views for a better cause. The other two parties are frankly destroying our country.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 08-30-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    For the first time in my life, I'm strongly considering opting out of the Democratic Party. I think they've gone in the wrong direction for some time now and I don't see them heading in the right direction in the near future.
    We need to take a hard look at creating a third party that would represent the people, welcoming people of different views for a better cause. The other two parties are frankly destroying our country.
    Yes. Welcome to the third party supporters.

Hopefully a viable candidate emerges if this race is really going to be Biden v Trump.

Rather not see Stein again. Maybe after the primaries Weld will run Libertatian again. He’s far better than Gary Johnson. I’m not much of a libertarian but I’ll take a viable third option rather than lesser of evils....especially since I don’t live in a swing state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Biden vs. Trump would be just brutally depressing.

Still, if you're left of center and you think a libertarian is better than most of the Democratic candidates, yikes. I'm as disillusioned with the Party as it gets, but the issues still matter. And Bill Weld, Gary Johnson and the rest of them are horrible when it comes to the issues. As much as I think he's an uninspiring sundowning idiot, I'd vote for Biden over any 3rd party candidate I can think of.

Our two-party system sucks though, that's for sure.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I am pretty damn sure that you won’t get turned away from getting sandbags because you don’t have an ID.

But yes, it is easier to have people checking to see whether people are eligible that are provisional as opposed to just rejecting them with no time to fix issues.
    First Para…I am going by what the public service announcements and news and radio broadcasts have said. Free sandbags, you must have a valid, probably a drivers license

Second Para…any ballot out pf the ordinary…provisional, mail in, absentee etc…is a huge potential problem. You do not know who filled them out or when. Every close election seems to have some special ballot pop up in a drawer, closet, car trunk etc, Anything mailed always has the postmark issue. All these types of ballots should be severely limited.

Elections are the same time every year. You have plenty pf time to get yourself in order and do whatever needs to be done to become an eligible voter. Every Board of Elections has all their info available on line. There are no real excuses for not getting properly registered…except stupidity and laziness.

Everyone needs to have an ID card. If you can prove financial difficulty, the state should supply an ID free of charge.

Every state should have 10-14 days of early voting. Get rid of mail in voting…it is way to open to problems. With early voting there is no need to have mail in voting. I'm sure there are a few exceptions but this is extremely rare. Maybe even have election volunteers visit nursing homes and hospitals to take votes from those who cannot get to the polls.

With early voting and vote anywhere policies, I have never spent more than ten minutes voting.

When you vote…that's it. You make a mistake…too bad. Your vote doesn't count. We don't need "volunteers" guessing what you wanted to do. Your ballot is your ballot. A screwed up ballot doesn't count.

What we have now, leaves us wide open for trouble every time there is a close election.

it is really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah. Biden vs. Trump would be just brutally depressing.

Still, if you're left of center and you think a libertarian is better than most of the Democratic candidates, yikes. I'm as disillusioned with the Party as it gets, but the issues still matter. And Bill Weld, Gary Johnson and the rest of them are horrible when it comes to the issues. As much as I think he's an uninspiring sundowning idiot, I'd vote for Biden over any 3rd party candidate I can think of.

Our two-party system sucks though, that's for sure.
    When it comes to Biden I just support the cause of a third party more than the Dem candidate. If a Green Party Rep gets more momentum than the libertarian I’ll go with them. Whoever needs the bump and is closest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    First Para…I am going by what the public service announcements and news and radio broadcasts have said. Free sandbags, you must have a valid, probably a drivers license

Second Para…any ballot out pf the ordinary…provisional, mail in, absentee etc…is a huge potential problem. You do not know who filled them out or when. Every close election seems to have some special ballot pop up in a drawer, closet, car trunk etc, Anything mailed always has the postmark issue. All these types of ballots should be severely limited.

Elections are the same time every year. You have plenty pf time to get yourself in order and do whatever needs to be done to become an eligible voter. Every Board of Elections has all their info available on line. There are no real excuses for not getting properly registered…except stupidity and laziness.

Everyone needs to have an ID card. If you can prove financial difficulty, the state should supply an ID free of charge.

Every state should have 10-14 days of early voting. Get rid of mail in voting…it is way to open to problems. With early voting there is no need to have mail in voting. I'm sure there are a few exceptions but this is extremely rare. Maybe even have election volunteers visit nursing homes and hospitals to take votes from those who cannot get to the polls.

With early voting and vote anywhere policies, I have never spent more than ten minutes voting.

When you vote…that's it. You make a mistake…too bad. Your vote doesn't count. We don't need "volunteers" guessing what you wanted to do. Your ballot is your ballot. A screwed up ballot doesn't count.

What we have now, leaves us wide open for trouble every time there is a close election.

it is really simple.
    What troubles have what we have caused? When has an election been stolen? Sounds like a pretend problem

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    When has an election been stolen?
    Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    When it comes to Biden I just support the cause of a third party more than the Dem candidate. If a Green Party Rep gets more momentum than the libertarian I’ll go with them. Whoever needs the bump and is closest.

Third Party candidates may have brought us George W. Bush (Nader) and Donald Trump (Stein). Who many would perceive as the among the worst world leaders of our time.

Nader hoped to earn 5 percent of the popular vote, which would have given his party access to federal matching funds in the following presidential election. Nader fell short of his goal, receiving 2.9 million votes and less than 3 percent of the popular vote.

According to some political analysts, third-party candidates aided Trump’s election. They pointed to the results in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, where Stein’s vote total exceeded Trump’s margin of victory. Had Stein’s votes in those three states flipped to Clinton, she would have won the Electoral College in addition to her popular vote majority.

The only thing I remember about Ralph Nader.

The 2020 Presidential Race

Third Party candidates may have brought us George W. Bush (Nader) and Donald Trump (Stein). Who many would perceive as the among the worst world leaders of our time.

Nader hoped to earn 5 percent of the popular vote, which would have given his party access to federal matching funds in the following presidential election. Nader fell short of his goal, receiving 2.9 million votes and less than 3 percent of the popular vote.

According to some political analysts, third-party candidates aided Trump’s election. They pointed to the results in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, where Stein’s vote total exceeded Trump’s margin of victory. Had Stein’s votes in those three states flipped to Clinton, she would have won the Electoral College in addition to her popular vote majority.
    Let’s be clear. ****** candidates got us those presidents. Gore was lacking charisma and was attached to Clinton’s scandals. Hillary was the most disliked candidate (other than Trump) and the exposed emails at the DNC lost any progressive support. She failed to get Dem support in key areas. Stein had voters in 2012 too but Obama won because he was a great candidate. I voted stein in 2012. If she had not been there I would have voted for any other 3rd party option. It’s kind of misguided to assume all 2016 Stein voters would have went to Hillary if Stein dropped out. They were anti-status quo votes. Those types went to Trump and Gary Johnson.

However, Perot definitely got us Bill Clinton. And Trump’s 2000 Libertarian run delegitimized Pat Buchanan and the whole party which pushed those voters back to W. If Pat ran uncontested in the Libertarian party he was going to siphon off conservative votes and Gore would have easily won. Roger Stone knew that and pushed Trump to run and kill the party so the GOP could win.

Let’s be clear. ****** candidates got us those presidents. Gore was lacking charisma and was attached to Clinton’s scandals. Hillary was the most disliked candidate (other than Trump) and the exposed emails at the DNC lost any progressive support. She failed to get Dem support in key areas. Stein had voters in 2012 too but Obama won because he was a great candidate. I voted stein in 2012. If she had not been there I would have voted for any other 3rd party option. It’s kind of misguided to assume all 2016 Stein voters would have went to Hillary if Stein dropped out. They were anti-status quo votes. Those types went to Trump and Gary Johnson.

However, Perot definitely got us Bill Clinton. And Trump’s 2000 Libertarian run delegitimized Pat Buchanan and the whole party which pushed those voters back to W. If Pat ran uncontested in the Libertarian party he was going to siphon off conservative votes and Gore would have easily won. Roger Stone knew that and pushed Trump to run and kill the party so the GOP could win.

The presence of a third party candidate leads to the worst case scenario when two of the three candidates are similar in policy. It puts the dissimilar of the three candidates at an advantage, in the case of 2020, a strong third party candidate would seal a victory for Trump.
    You could also argue that Andrew Yang is 2020's third party candidate despite running as a Democrat. Allow me to add that no lobbyist was consulted for his policy platform. And that Bernie Sanders in 2016 set a different distinction within the party that we haven't seen in a very long time.
    At this time, a third party vote is a wasted one, they've been nothing more then **** candidates who've altered the general election.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-01-2019 at 04:42 PM.

GWB had Jesus!

2 of the worst ever!