Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 857 of 999 FirstFirst ... 357757807847855856857858859867907957 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,855 of 14984
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    A lot of California land is federal. But besides that, this should be something where there is a middle ground but now it’s politicized and everyone is either it’s 100% climate change or 100% forest management when in reality it’s both.

We’ve done a lot of work making sure our forests don’t burn down naturally, leaving old growth that is jet fuel for fires. While at the same time the climate is warming, drought is more common, and you’re going to get more prolonged fire seasons.

But we know people can’t accept both so they’ll pick one, deny the other, and nothing will get solved.
    Agreed. Trump is a douche that just wants to blame a Dem when most of it is federal land. Ideally we’d be able to look at the problem and use multiple approaches to try and control it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I guess you don’t realize this yet but it seems like Trump isn’t the best source.
    the hell you say
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Agreed. Trump is a douche that just wants to blame a Dem when most of it is federal land. Ideally we’d be able to look at the problem and use multiple approaches to try and control it

it'd be nice if Biden would say more than 'we have to make it more of a priority than the current president has'....what did the Obama/Biden administration do? maybe more than I remember.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

You probably only hear about them because you only watch US news. We get them all the time in Canada. Look up the Fort McMurray fire.
    I would venture to say people that don't live in the western US are not aware of the scale of the problem. It's not simply California: drought, fires, drastic weather changes have been issues in the west for years and years.

DC as a whole is so far removed from the situation, they ignore it, even when most of these fires occur on federal. lands that they are supposed to be maintaining.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

You probably only hear about them because you only watch US news. We get them all the time in Canada. Look up the Fort McMurray fire.

This should be something where there is a middle ground but now it’s politicized and everyone is either it’s 100% climate change or 100% forest management when in reality it’s both.

We’ve done a lot of work making sure our forests don’t burn down naturally, leaving old growth that is jet fuel for fires. While at the same time the climate is warming, drought is more common, and you’re going to get more prolonged fire seasons.

But we know people can’t accept both so they’ll pick one, deny the other, and nothing will get solved.
    If it's a news event we will hear about it no matter where it is. Forest fires, car crashes, train wrecks, shark attacks, typhoons etc. All of it makes the news.

Cali seems to have these fires on a fairly regular basis. I don't recall anywhere else having them so regularly or to this degree. Although I am sure they happen elsewhere, I really don't recall other parts of the US having them such as these. Forest management seems like it could be a viable issue.

Climate change??? I dunno. Maybe if you call it "systemic climate change"……then you could blame just about everything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If it's a news event we will hear about it no matter where it is. Forest fires, car crashes, train wrecks, shark attacks, typhoons etc. All of it makes the news.

Cali seems to have these fires on a fairly regular basis. I don't recall anywhere else having them so regularly or to this degree. Although I am sure they happen elsewhere, I really don't recall other parts of the US having them such as these. Forest management seems like it could be a viable issue.

Climate change??? I dunno. Maybe if you call it "systemic climate change"……then you could blame just about everything on it.
    It's definitely climate change. California's average temperature has risen 3 degrees in the last century. They are seeing more heat waves, less rain, etc. That's a significant factor in a state covered by over 100 million acres in land, much of which is forestry.

Forest management is a problem because like most state and federal run agencies, corners are cut, money is mismanaged and jobs that are documented to be done, aren't. That has to change but the fact is most of that land is federal government property so as much as Trump wants to push the narrative that a democratic run state is the problem, its mainly on the federal government to protect that land. They aren't.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-15-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Trump was on FOX News (GASP!!!!) thios morning and made a fairly interesting point.

He pointed out that the US isn't the only country with forests yet we have far more devastating forest fires than other countries do. His point was that other countries manage their forest resources far better that we do. Cali doesn't seem to cut fire breaks, clean out dead vegetation etc. as other countries do. All the treen nuts out there don't allow for this.

I thought it was an interesting point. It does seem like you never hear about these fires in other parts of the world yet they seem to be annual occurrences in California.
    There are major fires in Brazil rainforest right now, typical ignorant American, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://youtu.be/7E_OLgC4nV0

^^ it was international news because the videos were crazy. For context that’s our oil country, and the not having forest fires is pretty important to keeping oil facilities and operations online. They blamed it solely on climate change but this was another example of poor forest management for the reasons above. Was it only poor forest management? No, it was mid 30s (Celsius) that far north in late April and early May. But combine it with massive amounts of old growth and dead forest that had been preserved, and you get massive fires.

Climate change just exposes poor human development and policy. Bad forest management, outdated levees, low lying urbanization etc. It’s just exposing these things because there hasn’t been any proactive policies to mitigate or minimize.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    There are major fires in Brazil rainforest right now, typical ignorant American, lol.

Again, you love pointing out other's racism but have no problem being racist yourself.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

California doesn't properly manage their forests. And neither does Oregon. Or Australia. or Brazil. or Canada. Or maybe it's not about managing forests. Even a well managed forest can burn down.

When in doubt, blame the libs.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    California doesn't properly manage their forests. And neither does Oregon. Or Australia. or Brazil. or Canada. Or maybe it's not about managing forests. Even a well managed forest can burn down.
    Not if you teach the forest some LAW AND ORDER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Again, you love pointing out other's racism but have no problem being racist yourself.
    Well I'm also American myself, so...

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Years of climatologists warning us about more intense hurricanes, dryer and hotter conditions creating more intense fires.

Here we are. It’s happening. And still people are questioning? It’s the same people who dismiss science whenever it may inconvenience their day to day.

Meanwhile we have a president who has spent years rolling back regulations to cap emissions, etc.

We’re ****ed. We deserve it.