Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 719 of 743 FirstFirst ... 219619669709717718719720721729 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 11136
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't suppose it's worth pointing out that they themselves aren't illegal anything. They are people.
    I don't suppose it is worth pointing out that they (people or not) do not belong here. If they would like to apply for entry and qualify, (key word here being qualify) then I am fine with it.

Most of these illegals have been let down by their country of birth…not the US. Just because they want to be here doesn't mean they can be here.

Same question to you…why do you care so much??? Unqualified, illegals are nothing more than an expense.

Do you help out the person on the next block from you that is in financial difficulty??? How about the other neighbor a few blocks away whose home is in foreclosure??? One of you other neighbors has cancer…what are you doing to help him??? How about the guy on the next block who has four kids and just lost his job…what are you doing to help him???

I;ve been over all thois crap a dozen times. Either you see it or you don't

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I said YOU were a racist, not border security.

Why do you not care? I care because they are human beings. I've seen terrible things that clients have had to go through to get to this country. No person with any semblance of human emotion could not feel empathy for their situation.

What do you mean by problems? Undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than the average American, they pay taxes, they contribute to the work force in a substantial way. What problems are they causing in your eyes?
    We have plenty of problems here that need to be cared for. See my most recent post. Everywhere in your neighborhood there a people than need help. Do you help them???

And the big point here (not that you will get it) is that their countries let them down and now they are coming here for help that we cannot afford to give them. I really do not know how you cannot see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    We have plenty of problems here that need to be cared for. See my most recent post. Everywhere in your neighborhood there a people than need help. Do you help them???

And the big point here (not that you will get it) is that their countries let them down and now they are coming here for help that we cannot afford to give them. I really do not know how you cannot see that.
    Again......what problems here? They are beneficial to have in this country. So if you have a problem with them, it might be something more personal to you.

And why is helping a neighbor more admirable to you? Aren't both people? What does it matter?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

For me it has NOTHING to do with them BEING here....it's finding a way to get rid of the illegal status.
    It IS beneficial for most of them to be here, and they benefit from being here...so what is the difficulty in making their time here...legal?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I don't suppose it is worth pointing out that they (people or not) do not belong here. If they would like to apply for entry and qualify, (key word here being qualify) then I am fine with it.

Most of these illegals have been let down by their country of birth…not the US. Just because they want to be here doesn't mean they can be here.

Same question to you…why do you care so much??? Unqualified, illegals are nothing more than an expense.

Do you help out the person on the next block from you that is in financial difficulty??? How about the other neighbor a few blocks away whose home is in foreclosure??? One of you other neighbors has cancer…what are you doing to help him??? How about the guy on the next block who has four kids and just lost his job…what are you doing to help him???

I;ve been over all thois crap a dozen times. Either you see it or you don't
    This bull**** argument carries no emotional weight here...

You have long argued for policies that wouldn't help those folks anyways. And I'm not stupid enough to believe that your opposition to programs that help the less fortunate suddenly disappear if there were nobody in this country that isn't allowed to be here. Do you really think we're that stupid?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    For me it has NOTHING to do with them BEING here....it's finding a way to get rid of the illegal status.
    It IS beneficial for most of them to be here, and they benefit from being here...so what is the difficulty in making their time here...legal?
    Firstly, there is no "illegal status." Status crimes don't exist in this country. Undocumented immigrants committed a 1 time civil offense, akin to a parking ticket, not punishable by criminal court.

Secondly, it's not that simple. The process is exhaustive and lengthy. The current F1 Visas being processed from Mexico are applications from December of 1997.
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

The 11 million are our neighbors, and ones who help keep us fed, which is something to be respected, especially in a time when they are risking a lot more than most (certainly a lot more than the predatory financiers from NYC who have scurried off to their second homes in the countryside).

“Their representation in particular industries is even more pronounced, and the Department of Agriculture estimates that about half of the nation's farmworkers are unauthorized, while 15 percent of those in construction lack papers – more than the share of legal immigrants in either industry. In the service sector, which would include jobs such as fast food and domestic help, the figure is about 9 percent.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal...workers-taxes/

Again......what problems here? They are beneficial to have in this country. So if you have a problem with them, it might be something more personal to you.

And why is helping a neighbor more admirable to you? Aren't both people? What does it matter?
    Geezus.

What problems here??? Are you living in a cave???? No TV??? No Internet????

They are beneficial to have in this country.……Well that's good news. So they should be able to apply and qualify. Right??? Seems simple.

it might be something more personal to you.…not at all. I don't know any of them and I could not care less about other country's problems. (and by the way…do you know that a lot of them are from countries other than Mexico. So they pass thru Mexico [why don't they just stop in Mexico] and keep coming here. Ever wonder why?)

And why is helping a neighbor more admirable to you? …Because your neighbors are here and probably legitimately here.

Aren't both people? What does it matter?…what about all the people in Africa??? Do they matter??? How about the poorer countries in Asia, the Middle East??? Do they matter??? Or does it only matter to you if you can somehow get to the US border??? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Do you own a house?? Have a job?? I'll assume yes. So would you be OK with your tax money going to a school district in another county or another state that could really use the money…even though their administrators screwed up their finances???

Can I work for your company??? I have no skills and you don't need me, but I want to work there. Is that OK??? Yeah, but what if I really want to work there. I mean really, really want to work there. Will you hire me.

Look at things with a littlw logic once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The 11 million are our neighbors, and ones who help keep us fed, which is something to be respected, especially in a time when they are risking a lot more than most (certainly a lot more than the predatory financiers from NYC who have scurried off to their second homes in the countryside).

“Their representation in particular industries is even more pronounced, and the Department of Agriculture estimates that about half of the nation's farmworkers are unauthorized, while 15 percent of those in construction lack papers – more than the share of legal immigrants in either industry. In the service sector, which would include jobs such as fast food and domestic help, the figure is about 9 percent.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/illegal...workers-taxes/
    Yep. But of course to some, they are considered subhuman. Which is a clear admission that it's the skin color. Because 99% of the people in this country take some actions that are illegal but somehow it doesn't make them bad or wrong in their own eyes. Unless we're to believe that Sluggo has never broken the law...which we don't.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

This bull**** argument carries no emotional weight here...

You have long argued for policies that wouldn't help those folks anyways. And I'm not stupid enough to believe that your opposition to programs that help the less fortunate suddenly disappear if there were nobody in this country that isn't allowed to be here. Do you really think we're that stupid?
    I didn't. But after that response, I'm not all that sure.

I said YOU were a racist, not border security.

Why do you not care? I care because they are human beings. I've seen terrible things that clients have had to go through to get to this country. No person with any semblance of human emotion could not feel empathy for their situation.

What do you mean by problems? Undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than the average American, they pay taxes, they contribute to the work force in a substantial way. What problems are they causing in your eyes?
    fact check..

You are purposely trying to portray minorities in a bad way. Its incredibly gross and absolutely racist.
    being against ILLEGAL immigrants is not "trying to portray minorities in a bad way."
    nothing racist about what I said.

this is not an issue about legal immigrants, about people that have gone to America to correct way. this is about illegal immigrants and by illegally entering America they are saying **** you to anyone that does it legally.

Yep. But of course to some, they are considered subhuman. Which is a clear admission that it's the skin color. Because 99% of the people in this country take some actions that are illegal but somehow it doesn't make them bad or wrong in their own eyes. Unless we're to believe that Sluggo has never broken the law...which we don't.
    Who said they were "sub-human?" Certainly not me.

I did say that they are not needed here and not our problem.

How many unemployed do we have right now????

Firstly, there is no "illegal status." Status crimes don't exist in this country. Undocumented immigrants committed a 1 time civil offense, akin to a parking ticket, not punishable by criminal court.

Secondly, it's not that simple. The process is exhaustive and lengthy. The current F1 Visas being processed from Mexico are applications from December of 1997.
    Well then that's the part that needs serious work. Shorten the process, put some people currently on unemployment to work catching up on all this, and get closer to current on documentation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    why couldn't the go to America legally the first time, instead of "cutting in line".

Geezus.

What problems here??? Are you living in a cave???? No TV??? No Internet????

They are beneficial to have in this country.……Well that's good news. So they should be able to apply and qualify. Right??? Seems simple.

it might be something more personal to you.…not at all. I don't know any of them and I could not care less about other country's problems. (and by the way…do you know that a lot of them are from countries other than Mexico. So they pass thru Mexico [why don't they just stop in Mexico] and keep coming here. Ever wonder why?)

And why is helping a neighbor more admirable to you? …Because your neighbors are here and probably legitimately here.

Aren't both people? What does it matter?…what about all the people in Africa??? Do they matter??? How about the poorer countries in Asia, the Middle East??? Do they matter??? Or does it only matter to you if you can somehow get to the US border??? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Do you own a house?? Have a job?? I'll assume yes. So would you be OK with your tax money going to a school district in another county or another state that could really use the money…even though their administrators screwed up their finances???

Can I work for your company??? I have no skills and you don't need me, but I want to work there. Is that OK??? Yeah, but what if I really want to work there. I mean really, really want to work there. Will you hire me.

Look at things with a littlw logic once in a while.
    1) So nothing that can be articulated, gotcha

2) Already explained, guess you don't understand how that process works

3) Ok.....you didn't make any points here

4) So? Why is that good?

5) Of course they do. Undocumented immigration is much broader than simple border crossings. A great number of them overstay visas. You should help anyone anywhere you can.

And I have no clue what your rambling at the end is about.
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>