Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Sorry guys, really busy. I'm in. I'm keeping Tatum and Williamson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Davis and Doncic are going to be my keepers
    Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Lillard and Mitchell are my keepers.
    Thanks, Added to the list
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 12-21-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Keepers have been inputted and draft order has been updated. You can view what picks you have in each round and your inputted keepers (check the final 2 rounds) on Yahoo by click "Draft Results" under the "Draft" heading near the top right of the league page.

I triple checked everything but if you happen to notice an error anywhere please post about it here or on Yahoo so I can correct it ASAP. If something ends up needing to be changed it must be done more than 2 hours or so before the draft or else the start time gets delayed.

The following teams did not submit keepers:

-Bob
    -Killersweet
    -KCab
    -Greg

I have chosen your keepers for you based on who were the two highest pre-draft ranked players on your roster that were also keeper eligible for this draft. Those selections are noted in this post here.

If you see this and decide you want to select different keepers then make a post in this thread or on the yahoo board before 6pm and I should be able to make that change for you. Any later than that and Yahoo will go into "draft mode" and I won't be able to make changes anymore.

PSD Raptors Fantasy League 2021-2022 Pre-Season Questionnaire:

This poll is to determine whether or not to implement some of the changes that have been suggested by league members in the past.

The poll consists of two questions. I know its a lot of text but please make sure to read each question's accompanying blurb that explains how the results will be tabulated and how/when any potential change would be implemented before making your decision.

Question 1: How many keeper players would you like the league to have moving forward? Please rank your choices from #1 (first choice) to #4 (last choice). For example : 1A, 2B, 3D, 4C.

A) Increase to 3 keepers
    B) Increase to 4 keepers
    C) Increase to 5 keepers
    D) No increase, stay with 2 keepers

Note On Implementation For Question 1:

If the result of the poll is to increase the number of keepers, regardless of the number we vote to actually increase it to, the number of keepers will only be 3 for this upcoming season (2021-2022). A potential increase from 3 to either 4 or 5 would be implemented the following year (2022-2023). If the vote is to leave it at 2 keepers then everything will remain the same as in past seasons.

Because there are so many choices relative to the smaller number of teams I will calculate the results of this question using a ranked-choice format. For those unfamiliar with the process that means I will tally up the #1 choice of every voter, then eliminate whichever option has the fewest votes. For those that voted for that last place option, I will then move on to their #2 choice and add those to the still existing votes. This process will then repeat until there is only 1 choice left.

Question 2 Background & Implementation: The head to head fantasy basketball format generally means that anything can happen in a one week matchup come playoff time. While this makes for great competition, it also sometimes means that an otherwise dominant regular season champion is upset by a much luckier lower seed. For this reason some paid leagues give a modest payout to this champion to go along with what would otherwise just be bragging rights. This is obviously not a paid league, but it might make sense to incorporate a small strategic prize to the winner of this league to similarly reward their efforts.

I figured rewarding the regular season champion with a "Voucher" for an additional year of keeper eligibility would be enough to grant them some tangible reward without upsetting the competitive balance of the league. This "voucher" could be held onto and used at any given point moving forward to extend the keeper eligibility of a player (who would otherwise have to be thrown back) by 1 year.

For example, this upcoming season would usually be the 2nd and final time Bramaca could keep Luka Doncic. Under this new rule, if he were to be the regular season champion, he could use the voucher he would win to extend Doncic's eligibility for an extra season.

If approved, this rule would take effect starting with this season (2021-2022), meaning that the champion for this upcoming year would be the first to receive a voucher. This question will require majority rule (50% of votes cast +1) to pass.

Question 2: Do you support the addition of a "1Yr Keeper Eligibility Voucher" as a prize for the regular season champion going forward?

A) Yes
    B) No

I have sent the above poll out to everyone via DM on PSD AND as a league email on Yahoo. Please respond using whichever is more comfortable for you.

A response like: "1A, 2B, 3D, 4C, Yes" for example would be sufficient.

I've already got a couple responses which is encouraging, but even if you are generally indifferent it would be nice if you could still vote (or respond letting me know you are indifferent) just to show that you were aware of the poll at least.

I am going to set Friday, October, 15th at 11:59pm Eastern Time as a the poll deadline.

Other important dates:

-Saturday, October, 16th at 11:59pm Eastern Time is the Keeper Deadline (please choose 3 in preparation for a potential change depending on poll results - it is easier to remove one than to add 1 later on).

-Monday, October, 18th at 9:15pm Eastern Time is the tentative draft time. This gives about 8 days of a heads up from now but if anyone cannot make it please tell me ASAP either here or on Yahoo. As always nothing in guaranteed but the sooner you let me know the more likely it is we could change it to a better time slot.

Draft Order For The 2021-22 Draft

1. Killersweet

2. Phil/Under My Capela

3. Jsumadchat

4. K Cab

5. Mike Noodles

6. Greg

7. Bob

8. Swoop

9. Bramaca

10. Six8TheWizard

I checked it 3x but as always if anyone notices an error please point it out to me ASAP

Draft is Monday, October, 18th @9:15pm Eastern
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 10-16-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Keepers For The 2021-22 Draft

1. Six-8-TheWizard - 1. Durant, 2. Dame, 3. Anthony Davis | None Ineligible; Durant/Bam Kept Once Already

2. Bob - 1. LaVine, 2. Westbrook, 3. Randle | None Ineligible; Lavine/Collins Kept Once Already

3. MikeNoodles - 1. Young, 2. Embiid, 3. Tatum | None Ineligible; Tatum/Zion Kept Once Already

4. Swoop - 1. Vucevic, 2. PG13, 3. LaMelo Ball | None Ineligible; Mitchell Kept Once Already

5. KCab - 1. Jokic, 2. Fox, 3. Ayton | KAT Ineligible; Ayton Kept Once Already

6. Bramaca - 1. Doncic, 2. Ingram, 3. Tobias Harris | None Ineligible; Doncic Kept Once Already

7. Greg - "No Keepers" Specifically Requested | Kawhi Ineligible; Booker Kept Once Already

8. Jsumadchat/Ah Capela Choir - 1. FVV, 2. Mitchell, 3. Gobert | None Ineligible

9. Killersweet - 1. Steph Curry, 2. Michael Porter Jr, 3. Derrick White | Butler/Giannis Ineligible

10. Phil/Under My Capela - 1. Bam Adebayo, 2. Capela, 3. Lebron James | Harden/Beal Ineligible

Let me know if I made any errors with regards to eligibility.

Keeper Deadline is Saturday, October, 16th @11:59pm Eastern
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; Today at 02:10 PM. Reason: Updated Keepers

2021-22 Pre-Season Questionnaire Results

Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll. The voting is now closed and results are being tabulated. I will update this post as I finish counting.

Total Responses: 6/9

Results:

Question 1: How many keeper players would you like the league to have moving forward? Please rank your choices from #1 (first choice) to #4 (last choice). For example : 1A, 2B, 3D, 4C.

First Round Vote Results:
    A) Increase to 3 keepers
    -2 Votes
    B) Increase to 4 keepers
    -3 Votes
    C) Increase to 5 keepers
    -1 Votes
    D) No increase, stay with 2 keepers
    -0 Votes

Round 1 Outcome: Option D is eliminated

Second Round Vote Results:
    A) Increase to 3 keepers
    -2 Votes
    B) Increase to 4 keepers
    -3 Votes
    C) Increase to 5 keepers
    -1 Votes

Round 2 Outcome: Since no one choice D as their first choice, vote tally remains the same as above. Therefore Option C is now eliminated.

Third Round Vote Results:
    A) Increase to 3 keepers
    -2 Votes
    B) Increase to 4 keepers
    -4 Votes

Round 3 Outcome: With C eliminated, the voter who chose C as their first choice moves to their 2nd choice which was B.

Final Verdict: Option B (Increase to 4 keepers) wins by a score of 4-2
    __________________________________________________ __________

Question 2: Do you support the addition of a "1Yr Keeper Eligibility Voucher" as a prize for the regular season champion going forward?

Vote Results:
    A) Yes
    5-Votes
    B) No
    1-Votes

Final Verdict: Option A (Yes, implement the voucher as a prize for the regular season champion) wins by a score of 5-1.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Reminder that Keepers are due tonight (Satuday, October, 16th @11:59pm). Based on the poll results we have now confirmed that we will have 3 keepers this year.
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 10-16-2021 at 05:55 AM.

2021-22 Pre-Season Questionnaire TL;DR

See above post for the actual tabulated results. These are the key takeaways:

1. We will be going with 3 keepers for this current (2021-2022) season so please make sure to pick three players when you submit your choices.

2. The number of keeper players for the following season (2022-2023) and beyond will be 4 keepers, so keep that in mind as you draft/make roster moves this year.

3. Beginning with the 2021-2022 regular season champion, the team that finishes first in the regular season standings each season will receive a "voucher" for 1 additional year of keeper eligibility. This voucher never expires and does not have to be used immediately. I will keep track of it via the keeper eligibility posts that I make in this thread each year.

To be clear, the voucher can only be applied to one single player (e.g. if I have already kept Curry and Durant twice I can only use the voucher to extend the eligibility of one or the other, not both - the other player would be thrown back into the draft pool).

4. All the other keeper rules are staying exactly the same. Keepers will still slot into the final rounds of the draft and (the voucher notwithstanding) every keeper can still only be marked as "kept" by the same team a maximum of 2 drafts in a row.

Sorry, I just realized I missed the keeper deadline. I would be keeping Tatum, Williamson and Young.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345