Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Just not Halloween

For those that didn't see on Yahoo draft is now at 8:15pm Monday night (tomorrow the 28th). Sorry again for creating this mess but everything should be in order now on the site.

2019-2020 Season Resolution

A few updates regarding the Corona situation and the premature end to last season:

1. With the fantasy season not restarting along with the NBA bubble, I think its fair to consider the regular season standings as the final standings in lieu of the playoffs. This would mean

1st Place: Bramaca
    2nd Place: Greg
    3rd Place: Swoop

So congrats to you three on that

2. With regards to the deadline trades that went through prior to the shutdown, after much consideration I decided to leave the outcome as is (as opposed to reversing any of them).

My thought process was that most of them involved draft picks/keepers and/or were made with a playoff run in mind (at the expense of draft capital). However, while the fantasy playoffs ended up getting cancelled due to the shutdown, nobody really saw that coming when the deals were made (meaning they were all made in good faith). Furthermore, in some ways not being able to benefit from the trade during a postseason run is not that different from a situation in a regular year where the same trade is made and the player(s) acquired suffer season ending injuries. Its just part of the "luck" based aspect of a head to head fantasy sports league.

Finally, one such trade involving keepers/picks was made far earlier in the year than the others. Would it be fair to leave that trade as is while reversing the others? I personally don't see much distinction between them, so to me the only two outcomes were to either reverse every trade from last season, or reverse none of them. Considering half of them were also made by owners swapping keepers that would be ineligible this draft I decided that going with the latter would be the fairest overall outcome.
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 12-18-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Keepers For The 2020 Draft

1. Six-8-TheWizard - 1. Durant, 2. Adebayo | None Ineligible; Gobert Kept Once Already

2. Bob - 1. Collins, 2. Lavine | Westbrook/Embiid Ineligible

3. MikeNoodles - 1. Tatum, 2. Williamson | None Ineligible

4. Swoop - 1. Dame, 2. Mitchell | None Ineligible; Dame/Drummond Kept Once Already

5. KCab - 1. KAT, 2. Ayton | None Ineligible; Turner/KAT Kept Once Already

6. Bramaca - 1. Davis, 2. Doncic | None Ineligible; Jokic Kept Once Already

7. Greg - 1. Booker, 2. Kawhi | Lebron Ineligible; Kawhi Kept Once Already

8. Jsumadchat - 1. Young, 2. Vucevic | None Ineligible; Trae Young Kept Once Already

9. Killersweet - 1. Giannis, 2. Butler - None Ineligible; Butler/Giannis Kept Once Already

**10. Freakazoid - 1. Harden, 2. Beal - None Ineligible; Harden/Beal Kept Once Already

Let me know if you think I made any errors with the eligibilities. I will update this post as people confirm their choices to me. You can do so via DM on PSD, discussion post here or on Yahoo, or by simply entering them on Yahoo. If you don't specify then I will choose them for you (as I will assume you just didn't realize in time) based on the default pre-draft rankings. If you deliberately don't want to have any keepers for some reason (they slot in at the end of the draft so little reason not to pick any) then please let me know so I can leave yours open.

Keeper deadline is Sunday, December 20th

Tentative Draft Date Is Monday, December, 21st at 9:45pm Eastern
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 12-21-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Draft Order For The 2020 Draft

1. Killersweet

2. K Cab

3. Freakazoid**

4. Mike Noodles

5. Jsumadchat

6. Six8Wzrd

7. Bob

8. Swoop

9. Greg

10. Bramaca

Tentative Draft Date Is Monday, December, 21st at 9:45pm Eastern
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 12-18-2020 at 11:44 AM.

2020-2021 Coronavirus Related Rule Changes

Because the NBA is not using the bubble for this season, I have decided to add 1 additional IR spot to the rosters to help alleviate the strain from players potentially testing positive. This will be a temporary addition for this season only. We did this in the baseball league this Summer and it seemed to be more than justified (we actually added 3 IR spots in that league but baseball has larger, more specialized rosters and had one more spot to begin with already).

If there is a flurry of positive tests I am open to increasing it as well, but for now we will start with 1 additional IR slot and play it by ear going forward.

For the same reason as above I have also increased the weekly add limit by 1 as well. This will also be temporary. It may not end up being necessary but we found ourselves needing to do so a week or two into the baseball league so I figured it can't hurt.

You’ll have to remind me what picks I traded away and got back. I have no clue.

Can we bump up the keepers to like 5 or 6 too? That would work out great for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    You’ll have to remind me what picks I traded away and got back. I have no clue.
    I got it all saved in the system. Once keepers are finalized you'll be able to view it on Yahoo in advance of the draft (you'll be able to see round by round who owns each pick).

Here's the summary of it for you in the meantime though in case you want to prepare in advance:

You traded your 1st and 2nd round picks (with Jarrett Allen/Heurter) to me for my 3rd and 4th last year (along with Curry/Porzingis).

You also traded your 4th rounder pick alongside Siakam to Jsumadchat for Anthony Davis and his 5th rounder.

So in summary you have:

Rd1: No Pick
    Rd2: No Pick
    Rd3: 2 Picks (Yours + 68Wzrd)
    Rd4: 1 Pick (68Wzrd)
    Rd5: 2 Picks (Yours + Jsumadchat)

And also because the keepers slot in at the end of the draft these picks are all essentially pushed up 2 rounds from where they would be in a typical redraft (i.e. the Rd1 picks would be choosing from mostly 3rd round caliber players and so on)

Can we bump up the keepers to like 5 or 6 too? That would work out great for me lol
    Lol I can see that it would. Not sure how serious you are about it but I'd actually be open to bumping up the number of keepers to 3 or 4 (while keeping the existing 2 year rule) moving foward. In order to implement a change like that though we would have to decide it in advance so that everyone can prepare and be on even footing with it. It wouldn't be fair to just change it out of nowhere now when everyone made decisions the previous year predicated on only having 2 keepers.

I'll probably set up a poll in the discussion on Yahoo sometime during the season and see how everyone feels about it

Is anyone else playing this year or is it just you and me?

Is anyone else playing this year or is it just you and me?
    I sent out reminder DMs on PSD and on Yahoo to everyone else this morning so hopefully they all see it in time. So far I got 1 reply in addition to the 2 of us so we are at 3/10 right now

Sorry guys, really busy. I'm in. I'm keeping Tatum and Williamson.

Davis and Doncic are going to be my keepers

Lillard and Mitchell are my keepers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast