Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PSD Raptors Fantasy League - 2018-Present

This will be the up to date discussion thread for the league so we can avoid bumping the different old threads.

League Charter

PSD Raptors Forum Fantasy League Charter

Basics:
    -The league follows head-to-head 9 categories type scoring
    -Top 8 teams make the playoffs
    -The playoff tie-breaker is head-to-head regular season record

Draft Order:
    -The first round draft order is determined by taking the inverse of the regular season standings from the prior season.
    -The draft follows a snaking pattern for the remainder of the draft.
    -The latest draft picks owned by an individual team will be reserved for their keeper player slots (see keepers section below for keeper rules).

Free Agency:
    -Free agents will be subject to a silent auction system that processes each night at 3am Eastern time
    -Pickups are reflected in the lineup immediately after processing (e.g. if a pickup processes at 3am Tuesday morning then the player will be on the team's roster for Tuesday.
    -In the event of a tie in the auction process the tiebreaker will be the waiver priority order (which is originally set to the inverse of the draft order at the start of the season - when a team wins a claim using this tiebreaker they move to the "back of the line")
    -All players will be available to add each night with the exception of recently dropped players which have a 3 day "buffer" period
    -A maximum of 6 player adds are allowed per team per week

Keeper Rules:
    Number of Keepers:
    -Prior to the 2021-22 season teams were allowed to keep up to 2 players per season
    -For the 2021-22 season teams will be permitted to keep up to 3 players
    -Beginning with the 2022-23 season teams will be permitted to keep up to 4 players

Keeper Eligibility:
    -A player can only be marked as "kept" by the same team a maximum of 2 drafts in a row (voucher's notwithstanding - see "other" section for more details on vouchers)
    After the 2nd time being "kept" the player must be thrown back into the draft pool for the following draft if not traded prior
    -A player is marked as "kept" when they are specified as one of a team's keepers prior to a given draft's keeper declaration deadline and slotted into one of that team's "keeper draft slots" at the end of the draft
    -Just simply drafting a player does not make them a "keeper"
    -For example, in Year 1, Team A drafts Joel Embiid in the 3rd round. In Year 2, Team A marks Embiid as a "keeper", using up his first year of eligibility. In Year 3 Team A marks Embiid as a keeper again using up his final year of eligibility. Joel Embiid is now ineligible to be kept in Year 4. Team A must either trade him sometime prior to the Year 4 draft or simply throw him back into the draft pool for that Year 4 draft.

Trading:
    General:
    -Teams are allowed to trade players, future draft picks and combinations of the two
    -Future picks can only be traded from the most immediately upcoming draft (Yahoo restriction)

In-Season Trades:
    -The "In-Season" trade period refers to the time between the completion of the draft and the league's trade deadline (approximately 1.5 weeks before the start of playoffs)
    -In-season trades are governed by the Yahoo system; there are no further restrictions on top of what Yahoo allows

Pre-Draft Trades:
    -The "Pre-Draft period" refers to the time between the end of the NBA regular season and the Keeper Declaration Deadline for the following season
    -Pre-draft trades are allowed but with a few restrictions
    -Player for player swaps are NOT allowed (even if they also include picks)
    -Only player(s) + pick(s) for pick(s) or pick(s) for pick(s) trades are permitted (see subsection below for examples of approved pre-draft trades)
    -A team cannot make multiple pre-draft trades with the same other team during a given pre-draft period. This is to prevent the loophole of splitting a player for player swap into 2 separate trades.
    -An even number of draft picks must always be exchanged between teams (e.g. Team A cannot trade 3 picks to Team B for only 2 picks in return)
    -Pre-draft trades are processed manually by the Commissioner rather than through Yahoo
    -To make an agreed upon pre-draft trade official, both parties must inform the Commissioner via either DM or post on PSD/Yahoo of the terms of the trade
    -The Commissioner will review the trade to make sure it conforms to the rules and if approved will finalize it when the keeper selections are finalized
    -Once the Commissioner approves the trade, it is considered binding
    -This means that the trade will be treated as if Yahoo had processed it already and neither party can subsequently back out
    -For example, Team A agrees to a trade with Team B and it is approved a week before the keeper deadline. Even if a traded player then suffers a season ending injury in the final pre-season game the trade will still go through as originally intended.
    Examples Of Permitted Pre-Draft Trades:

Player(s) + Pick(s) for Pick(s):
    -Team A trades Joel Embiid + 10th round pick to Team B for a 3rd round pick
    -Team A trades Joel Embiid + Kyrie Irving + rounds 10,11 picks to Team B for a 2nd and 3rd round pick
    -Team A trades Joel Embiid + Kyrie Irving + 10th round pick to Team B for a 1st round pick
    -Team A trades Joel Embiid + rounds 10,11 picks to Team B for a 2nd and 3rd round pick

Pick(s) for Pick(s):
    -Team A trades a 1st round and 6th round pick to Team B for a 2nd and 3rd round pick

Examples Of NOT-Permitted Pre-Draft Trades:
    -Team A trades Joel Embiid to Team B for Kyrie Irving
    -Team A trades Joel Embiid + 2nd round pick to Team B for Kyrie Irving + 4th round pick

Trade Vetos:
    -In Season trades will be subject to the Yahoo veto rules that require 3/10 teams to vote to veto a trade
    -Vetoing should be reserved as a tool to prevent tampering/collusion, etc rather than as a strategic measure. For example, you should not vote to veto a trade simply because it makes your competition better
    -Pre-Draft trade vetoing will be left up to the discretion of the Commissioner, but will only be done in cases of obvious collusion or if an agreed upon trade violates the rules outlined above.
    -In the case of suspected tampering the Commissioner will open it up to a league wide vote (similar to the in-season process)
    -In the case of a rule violation the Commissioner will point out the error to the involved parties and what needs to be changed to make the trade legal

Other:
    Regular Season Champion:
    -Beginning with the 2021-2022 season, the regular season champion will receive a "voucher" for 1 additional year of keeper eligibility
    -The voucher does not expire and does not have to be used immediately
    -The voucher can only be applied to one single player (e.g. if Team A has already kept Curry and Durant twice they can only use the voucher to extend the eligibility of one or the other, not both - the other player would be thrown back into the draft pool).
    Voucher's will be kept track of on PSD via the yearly keeper eligibility posts
    -Prior to this the only prize was "bragging rights"

IR Slots:
    -Teams are given 2 IR slots
    -There are no special restrictions as to how these can be used. If a player is eligible to be placed in one on Yahoo then you can do so
    -Having healthy players remain in IR will make a team be subject to Yahoo's restrictions which prevent a manager from making trades or pickups until the player is removed from or replaced on IR

If you have any questions or think that I forgot to address something important please do not hesitate to bring it up
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 10-16-2021 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Updated With 2021-2022 Polled Rule Changes

Reserved Post Slot

Keepers For The 2018 Draft

1. Six-8-TheWizard - 1. Steph Curry, 2. N/A | None Ineligible

2. Bob - 1. Westbook, 2. Embiid | Towns Ineligible

3. MikeNoodles - 1. N/A, 2. N/A | Harden Ineligible

4. Swoop - 1. N/A, 2. N/A | None Ineligible

5. KCab - No Keepers Indicated | Durant/Leonard Ineligible

6. Bramaca - 1. N/A, 2. N/A | Giannis Ineligible, Gobert Kept Once

7. Greg - 1. Lebron, 2. Simmons | None Ineligible

**8. Jsumadchat - 1. Davis, 2. Walker | None Ineligible

9. Killersweet - No Keepers Indicated - None Ineligible

**10. Freakazoid - No Keepers Indicated - None Ineligible

DM me or post your keepers in here and I will update the list and on Yahoo. If you put them in on Yahoo already I will update this post to reflect that

If you missed it in the other thread, we are staying with the same keeper draft rules as before for this draft. Starting in 2019, the keepers will go in the final 2 draft slots instead of the first 2.

Only change that is being implemented immediately is the addition of 1 IR slot
    Last edited by Six-8-TheWizard; 10-21-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Draft Order (Inverse of Regular Season Standings):

1. Freakazoid

2. Killersweet

3. JSUMadChat

4. KCab

5. MikeNoodles

6. Six-8-TheWizard

7. Bob

8. Greg

9. Bramaca

10. Swoop

I know Swoop already said in the other thread he can't make Monday for the draft. Alternatively we could skip the first week matchup and do the draft either later on in the week or next weekend if there is a better time that works for everyone. I personally am fine with either option.

Going to go with no keepers

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Going to go with no keepers

Whatever when it comes to draft time. I could do 10pm tonight if others wanted to. I will send my keeper later

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Whatever when it comes to draft time. I could do 10pm tonight if others wanted to. I will send my keeper later
    I can't do tonight unfortunately, plus it is probably not enough notice for everyone at this point to move it up

Here Are Some Potential Draft Times

Starting Week 1:

-Monday, October, 15th at 10:30pm

Starting Week 2:

-Wednesday, October, 17th at 10:00pm
    -Thursday, October, 18th at 10:00pm

-Saturday, October, 20th at 10:00pm
    -Sunday, October, 21st at 10:00pm

At this point I am assuming that no one minds potentially starting a week late if it means people won't miss the draft.

Please indicate specifically if any of the above times DO NOT work for you. If they all work for you, please post indicating that as well just so I know you have seen this post. I will try to choose the "path of least resistance" with regards to people's time conflicts based on that.

I will keep Westbrook (who I forgot I had) and Joel e.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I will keep Westbrook (who I forgot I had) and Joel e.

You can do the draft whenever. I haven稚 made a draft yet and just end up with whoever.

No keepers for me, I'll start fresh this year.

And I'm good with drafting any day, any time. Skipping the first week is also fine by me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast