Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    it really hurts losing by that much to a team that shot a lot of jumpers, they couldnt miss. You know its not your night when Embiid stuffs Brown at the rim and the ball still finds a way to go in .

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    it really hurts losing by that much to a team that shot a lot of jumpers, they couldnt miss. You know its not your night when Embiid stuffs Brown at the rim and the ball still finds a way to go in .
    That and Joel completely stifling Tatum just to have an absurd banker fall.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I hate to say it, but Fultz looked flat out lost at times with the ball. Something I noticed was before the game the Celtics said they planned on playing off Fultz and forcing him to shoot. But then when he got the ball, Kyrie/Smart/Rozier were right in his face, and it was like he didn't know what to do. As many comments as you can make about Kenny Smith, he was right about one thing at halftime: Fultz was not forcing another guy to pick him up, so passing lanes could be taken away. Then when they realized he was trying to get to a spot, they overplayed the spot and caused problems with it.

While I agree it was strange, at least Shamet's willingness to shoot means you have to respect that ability and gives Simmons and Embiid room to operate.
    It seemed like he started getting a groove late in half. Then he sat for 40 minutes before finishing the qtr poorly.

Itís in the best interest of the team to make a concerted effort to get him going. And they should get him going early. Iím looking at you, Embiid.

And frankly howís heís being handle is very inconsistent with Ben and Joel as rookies. We signed players specifically for them, to make it easier or more comfortable. Fultz has gotten no accommodations.

It seemed like they couldnít miss but they only shot 30%

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    It seemed like he started getting a groove late in half. Then he sat for 40 minutes before finishing the qtr poorly.

Itís in the best interest of the team to make a concerted effort to get him going. And they should get him going early. Iím looking at you, Embiid.

And frankly howís heís being handle is very inconsistent with Ben and Joel as rookies. We signed players specifically for them, to make it easier or more comfortable. Fultz has gotten no accommodations.
    Heís playing with two studs, and all defense first teamer, and Super Dario. What does he need?

Other than minutes in his first game as a starter I fail to see how he was handled poorly after being given a full year of coaching and patience to get right.

Boston has a deep bench and they have players that can score more points. I realized that we don't have Zhaire Smith and Chandler Wilson but my opinion is that we don't match up well with the Celtics. I said that last year when we lost and that will be my concerns again if we have to face them which we will IF we want to go the finals. It pain me to have say that.

Yea didn't it feel they shot 60%? I'm watching and like do they ever miss?

Encouraging signs: Ben. Simmons.

He took jumpers of dribble. He drove strong. He didnít pick up one dribble to early and throw up some weak lay.

I want more scoring Ben Simmons and more offensive rebounding Embiid. I want Embiid offense to take a back seat to his rebounding, pick setting and general non-scoring big man play on offense. We can go to him when we need a bucket. But I think this will create easy scoring ops, second chance plays and fewer run outs. It will also preserve him. Frankly, I want less Hakeem and more Steve Adams for bulk of game. When itís crunch time he should be focus.

He took jumpers of dribble. He drove strong. He didnít pick up one dribble to early and throw up some weak lay.

I want more scoring Ben Simmons and more offensive rebounding Embiid. I want Embiid offense to take a back seat to his rebounding, pick setting and general non-scoring big man play on offense. We can go to him when we need a bucket. But I think this will create easy scoring ops, second chance plays and fewer run outs. It will also preserve him. Frankly, I want less Hakeem and more Steve Adams for bulk of game. When itís crunch time he should be focus.
    He's possibly the best big man in the game....why do you want him playing like an average one?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He's possibly the best big man in the game....why do you want him playing like an average one?
    Hot take central.

right. Heyward and Irving couldnt really hit anything but im it felt like Morris was 10-10 on jump shots then we have to watch Baynes ans Smart continue to only make 3s vs us somehow.

Ben looked willing to get to the foul line, last year i think thats why he wasnt strong around the rim so thats a good start to his development just have no fear and throw it down on these dudes.

Woj and Lowe brought up an interesting point:

TJ McConnell is going to be a problem for Markelle Fultz, because TJ McConnell is Brett Brown's crutch as a coach. And TJ puts the Sixers in a tough position because he's good enough that you want to extend him, he's in demand on the trade market; but he's also going to be a hindrance to Kelle because Brown puts in TJ and knows what will happen.

Ben looked willing to get to the foul line, last year i think thats why he wasnt strong around the rim so thats a good start to his development just have no fear and throw it down on these dudes.
    Yea. Even if he's shooting at a 60% rate, if he get's to the line 6-8 times a game, that's 12-16 shots. And extra 6-11 points a game. That's what I would be telling Ben. Who cares where the rate is, getting to the line gains us so many extra points, and he's strong enough to make some of those and-1 opportunities.

i agree but 60% still isnt acceptable. hes gotta get that to the 72-75 range this year. we dont need to see teams go to hack a ben again while he misses 10 of 20 in a close game.

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast