Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    they arent the same old raptors, thats very clear. they have a MVP candidate now.
    That remains to be seen, MVP candidate or not. He can't carry that team by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    That remains to be seen, MVP candidate or not. He can't carry that team by himself.
    he doesnt have to. they are 21-4 and the deepest team in the league. they have length everywhere. its the same team with a new coach and a major upgrade to replace DeRozan. I think we will meet up again in the ECF.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    he doesnt have to. they are 21-4 and the deepest team in the league. they have length everywhere. its the same team with a new coach and a major upgrade to replace DeRozan. I think we will meet up again in the ECF.
    From past Raptor performances he will. That's why I said Lowry will have to elevate his game from his suspect past playoff performances if Toronto is going to make a serious run. Them subpar games he's had in the playoffs are going to have to end if they are go deep in the playoffs.

Length? I don't really care about that. Can you make shots/be productive in the playoffs. No one on that team besides Kawhi has.

As long as KL leads the way they are fine. The rest can move the ball and play defense. We are 0-2 vs them and Boston in general is a mess right now. Toronto is quite easily the best team in the East right and prob top 3 in the league. You cant compare a past team led by Casey and DeRozan to this one.
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

that Jimmy butler is badddddddddd man. Nice to be on the comeback side of a win this time.
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

From past Raptor performances he will. That's why I said Lowry will have to elevate his game from his suspect past playoff performances if Toronto is going to make a serious run. Them subpar games he's had in the playoffs are going to have to end if they are go deep in the playoffs.

Length? I don't really care about that. Can you make shots/be productive in the playoffs. No one on that team besides Kawhi has.
    For most of Lowry's playoff career he's been a disappointment but he did average 17, 8, 4, 50% from the floor and 44% from three last postseason

I think the biggest thing with him is health, he currently is dealing with back soreness and playing through it contributing to his slump

I'm not anticipating that Lowry will duplicate his performance last postseason but I think he deserves a little more credit then what you're giving him for past playoff performances

Quote Originally Posted by All-In View Post
    For most of Lowry's playoff career he's been a disappointment but he did average 17, 8, 4, 50% from the floor and 44% from three last postseason

I think the biggest thing with him is health, he currently is dealing with back soreness and playing through it contributing to his slump

I'm not anticipating that Lowry will duplicate his performance last postseason but I think he deserves a little more credit then what you're giving him for past playoff performances
    He doesn't deserve any more credit than what he's done which is average at best for a All Star caliber player. The expectations don't meet the results so I'll give him credit when he actually meets or exceeds those expectations which he hasn't.

He doesn't deserve any more credit than what he's done which is average at best for a All Star caliber player. The expectations don't meet the results so I'll give him credit when he actually meets or exceeds those expectations which he hasn't.
    I agree with all seasons except last season

During the 2018 regular season Lowry (a 2018 all-star) averaged 16 pts, 7 ast, 5.6 reb on 43% from floor and 40% from three, he then followed that up with 17 pts, 8 ast, 4 reb on 50% from the floor and 44% from three in the playoffs, thats exceeding expectations

His only good playoff performance was last season, that doesn't cancel out all the other years when he was substandard but at the very least it does put into question whether he's over his playoff slump

I think health for Lowry is equally important compared to past playoff performances, ever since he sat the Cavs game for "back soreness" he's shot 1-25 from three, I think that's a story line to monitor since it's ruining his game and he can't shoot long range anymore

Solid W last night pretty much without Jimmy, if its a strained groin i doubt he misses any time. We have a huge matchup and our first home game vs the Raps in 11 days so im ok if we decide to be cautious with him til then. Just 2 games out first right now.
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

They are fun team to watch. I feel like we have a legit team for the first time in years. Talented starters and some nice pieces in Korkmaz and Shamet our first round pick is out also. Jimmy buckets has been an awesome addition he kinda carries them when Embiid or Simmons is struggling.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122