Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    why would a single game ever concern you? i swear some of you expect perfection all 82 games. we are playing other NBA teams, they're gonna have their nights. We also held the Cavs 4 points below their avg.
    Most assinine question ever!!! Truly blind.

We expect perfection down the stretch here. Itíll be nice to go 82-0. But to struggle against one of the worst teams in the league with 15 games left is concerning just a bit. We know the talent we have. Guys are back from injuries. Produce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

losing would be concerning. we just watched other top teams lose to teams at the bottom. it happens. the first year we tanked we freaking beat the heat big 3 to open the season.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    3rd in the east and 50 wins... WOWOWOWOW... How did that help us last year against an injured celtics team exactly???? those 52 wins did us damn good didnt it? My bad i should find a new hobby because i am not happy watching stupidity on the court game in and game out... you do realize you can dislike pieces/parts/areas of a team and still be a fan right? probably not considering its always butterflies and rainbows with you when it comes to your teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foles9MVP View Post
    So lucky it was the Cavs. No way did we deserve to win this
    Quote Originally Posted by Foles9MVP View Post
    We expect perfection down the stretch here. Itíll be nice to go 82-0. But to struggle against one of the worst teams in the league with 15 games left is concerning just a bit. We know the talent we have. Guys are back from injuries. Produce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When did this board get taken over by these people. Please come back regular users: war, sixer, etc. Goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    When did this board get taken over by these people. Please come back regular users: war, sixer, etc. Goodness.
    Maybe because I'm an Eagle fan and we see how passionate we are that I figured it will be the same for whatever team you root for. There comes a time where being obnoxious and a realistic fan come into play. I'm just being honest in what I see. I'm not trying to over react but come on we shouldn't be struggling against the Cavs and commit 22 turnovers. I just see it how it is. If you don't produce, you're going to hear about it. Thats how Philly fans are. I am not going to change who I am. There's less than 20 games left in the season with 3 spots in the Eastern Conference that can determine who finishes 3rd 4th or 5th.

I would love to know why you don't seem overly concerned like I do about this team. Yes Embiid and Boban are back. But we need to get on some sort of a roll where every game counts from here on out.
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

Itís no fun anymore when wins get met with unbridled bashing of people what donít deserve it. I rather talk about the actual play on the court and why things happened but that doesnít seem to be the MO anymore.

PROCESSING

This is idiotic.
    I don't know in which universe fandom is restricted to praises and excitement.

This team is clearly playing disjointed basketball and some fans are pointing that out. You may disagree or you may have your own reasons why you think they aren't playing well. Either way, the fact is they aren't playing to the level you'd expect a team of this caliber to play like, win or lose.

Why is it such a taboo to point this out?

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    This is idiotic.
    I don't know in which universe fandom is restricted to praises and excitement.

This team is clearly playing disjointed basketball and some fans are pointing that out. You may disagree or you may have your own reasons why you think they aren't playing well. Either way, the fact is they aren't playing to the level you'd expect a team of this caliber to play like, win or lose.

Why is it such a taboo to point this out?

Nowhere did I say fandom is restricted to praise. We should all be excited though because we have a really good team and bright and instead we have some miserable fans. It seems to me it's been restricted to being miserable and whining about everything especially when the team WINS. And win one of our 'fans' says they'd take a hard earned loss over a win anyday. That's idiotic and makes no sense.

This is not college basketball man. You don't have a complete mismatch in the NBA on a nightly basis. Good teams are 'struggling' with bad teams all over the place. The other team has talent too. There are very rarely blowouts in the NBA. It amazes me that people like you don't get this and you act like you just started watching the NBA last week.

Very balanced game from the starting 5. I hope this is the beginning of of something big going forward into the playoffs.

Bucks and Celtics in the next 4 days. Lets Go!!

What suck is that we play the Celtics on a back to back having play the Hornets on Tuesday night in Charlotte. Still we gotta get a W against them just for the sake of confidence.

Nowhere did I say fandom is restricted to praise. We should all be excited though because we have a really good team and bright and instead we have some miserable fans. It seems to me it's been restricted to being miserable and whining about everything especially when the team WINS. And win one of our 'fans' says they'd take a hard earned loss over a win anyday. That's idiotic and makes no sense.

This is not college basketball man. You don't have a complete mismatch in the NBA on a nightly basis. Good teams are 'struggling' with bad teams all over the place. The other team has talent too. There are very rarely blowouts in the NBA. It amazes me that people like you don't get this and you act like you just started watching the NBA last week.

happens when last years playoffs happened and how we have still not fixed our biggest issues on top of having the hype/talent we now have.... I was very optimistic for a while but now its insanely concerning after the moves we made and how we can lose 2 guys that cost us everything and ending up taking 4 steps back and being a pretender at best again... Peoples end all be all argument was these guys need time but time is running out to get our **** together... Our starting 5 when they are on the floor together isnt the problem... us now spreading them out properly and our rotations/scheme very much are... I would have 0 issues if our starters were robots and could play 48 minutes a game but they cant and going in we need everything to be on point against these top 4 other teams in the east or we are in some trouble going forward. We are no longer a tanking team or a pretender... we have 5 could be all stars and depth and we still have major issues holding big leads on top of turnovers and lack of defense... Now of course everyone has issues but other teams like the celtics/pacers/Bucks haven't mortgaged a ton to get these pieces but are still playing as good or better than us.

We are 5-1 with our big 5 in the lineup and playing with the only loss being to the celtics which is a positive... I said before wins mean nothing and where we are seeded should mean nothing... fixing rotations/turnover issues and our gameplan scheme should be the only thing that matters and we have not really done that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    What suck is that we play the Celtics on a back to back having play the Hornets on Tuesday night in Charlotte. Still we gotta get a W against them just for the sake of confidence.
    these upcoming 3 games are massive... i dont care if we lose to the bucks as long as we play smart and take it to the wire... We must beat the celtics.

A WIN against the Bucks would put us a full game ahead of the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    A WIN against the Bucks would put us a full game ahead of the Pacers.
    It will be difficult esp on the road but i think we should def be able to keep it close or possibly pull out a win... we need to limit turnovers and perimeter defend like there is no tomorrow or we will lose by a lot. Brett needs to coach his *** off and TJ needs to get 10 minutes max... If we play TJ/JJ at the same time against this team they will light us up so fast it will be insanity.

We normally rest embiid at like the 7 minute mark and bring him back around the 3 minute mark i believe... I wish we would sit Jimmy the same time we sit embiid while running a lineup of Boban/Simmons/Harris/JJ/Bench piece not named TJ.

Sit JJ around the 5 minute mark or so.

Bring back Embiid/Butler around the 3-4 minute mark and sit simmons/harris/Boban and have a lineup of Embiid/Butler/Scott/TJ/Whoever and let TJ PG for the final minutes of the 1st.... Start JJ coming back in the 2nd quarter and have a lineup of Embiid/Butler/JJ/Scott/Bench Piece and let butler run the point with this lineup until you bring ben back around the 7-8 minute mark and rinse/repeat

This limits the time TJ is on the court and keeps a lineup of TJ/Ben or TJ/JJ out of rotations... The lineups with those 2 combinations destroy our chances of winning. JJ when he is on can light it up but you cant have bad defenders on the floor at the same time as him... Everytime TJ/JJ are on the floor we get abused.

The goal is to start and end each half with all 5 starters on the floor... Ben shouldnt be stuck at 35 minutes per game against great teams... He can def play a few more... Embiid should be stuck at around 32-33.... There is plenty of ways to work this all out but we def need to figure a way to limit JJ/TJ and TJ/Ben on the floor together. Ennis hasnt really gotten the chance here yet but both Ennis and scott can be very good for us along with boban.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 03-17-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast