Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    How about Embiid's post game comments to the NBATV's commentator (It was a players only night and IDC who it was), when he was told Shaq and McHale liked him being in the post, Embiid said it's on him to establish himself down low better.

Ben later told CWebb, they want to establish the post, but it's easy for them to fall in love with the up and down game as players. They know as players they got to do a better job as players of slowing down the game and playing through the post and not always be in a rush.

Sounds like the top players are insinuating they have to do a better job as players to be better at certain things.
    I think thatís jimmys influence. Thatís why I wanted him. He works and heís unselfish and he takes ownership of his game on both ends. Oh and heís a great player. I see bens offensive assertiveness improving each game, ever since that terrible Toronto game. And I think jimmy has a ton to do with that. Even we donít keep him, heís made a mark.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    you could check the main forum... this game meant nothing to me because its an under 500 team without their best defender against Towns who embiid owns while at home... Its the next 12 that will tell just how wrong or right some of us are.
    Never had to check it before. You posted here abt plenty of sub-500 teams. Suspect!

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    I think thatís jimmys influence. Thatís why I wanted him. He works and heís unselfish and he takes ownership of his game on both ends. Oh and heís a great player. I see bens offensive assertiveness improving each game, ever since that terrible Toronto game. And I think jimmy has a ton to do with that. Even we donít keep him, heís made a mark.
    I do agree. I know I've been banging the table a while now for a 1 like PBev, more of a shooter/defender than offensive initiator, and it's because of this problem. Outside of shooting, my biggest knock on Ben is his 'feel' for tempo. He seems to only play 1000 MPH, has troubles slowing down and letting the pace drop.

Look at last night when they slowed down, got the ball in, and worked it. Everyone was WIDE OPEN for three (unlike MTM I have no issues with them shooting it a bunch), as opposed to the get down, Ben gives it to Embiid before he can even get in the paint, then Embiid hands off to JJ for a contested 3 (that's the three I have an issue with). Last night Ben actually slowed down, let Embiid establish the post position, then got the ball to him and things looked so much better.

And last night we saw a play where if Ben can improve, we can become deadly.

Normally we ran a DHO with Embiid/JJ, Butler on the wing, Simmons in the dunker spot.

Last night we ran a PnR with Simmons as the pick guy, Butler with the ball, JJ on the wing, Embiid in the dunkers spot. KAT was the post defender and was absolutely lost as to what to do. If Simmons sets a tighter pick, that's damn near impossible to defend.
    ~Defenders go under, Butler shoots.
    ~Defenders go over, Simmons is open for the dunk.
    ~Defenders go under and dunker defender helps, Embiid is open for the dunk.
    ~Defenders collapse, Embiid AND JJ are open for the 3.
    ~Defenders stay are home, Embiid takes 2 steps back and it's a classic PnR for Jimmy/Simmons.

That's the little wrinkles I see getting into the offense that is improving it so much. But guess what? That's not something new at all. Watch the mid/late-2000's Spurs. Parker was the ball handler, Duncan was the roll guy, Manu was the wing guy, Diaw/Green/Kawhi were in the dunker spot. As Kawhi matured he became the ball handler in that and Green was on the wing, and it became harder to defend.

The better you can run that with bigger players in certain spots, defenses will have no answer for that action. And in the past 3-4 years, you could see Brett working on how can he get that action going without the proper players to run it. I think he finally has the players to do it, and it's starting to come together with those 4 knowing who likes to be set up where.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    You believe the Sixers' problem is roster issues, others including myself believe it's more coaching than personnel. With that said, there are many coaches who can coach a team with potentially 3 all stars to a better record. I wholeheartedly believe that.
    I'm not asking Brett to be let go mid season.
    factoring in the injuries we have had how many more wins should we really have? we are probably exactly where we should be.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

We ain't sneaking in, we are kicking the mother f***in door down. We're in this party now. Nobody wanted us in, but guess what, they got to deal with us now.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    No comments on blowout? Thatís suspect, mtm!
    Brett haters always go silent when we win, it never fails.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

We ain't sneaking in, we are kicking the mother f***in door down. We're in this party now. Nobody wanted us in, but guess what, they got to deal with us now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    factoring in the injuries we have had how many more wins should we really have? we are probably exactly where we should be.
    I do think we would have won 2-3 more games had Fultz, Smith been right and Muscala, Butler didnít miss games.

I donít think it changes the games that we were winning big and barely escaped however. And those seem to bother the people that dislike Brett more than anything else. And some of those game are games where the opponent shot hilariously bad in one half and we did in the other half.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Brett haters always go silent when we win, it never fails.
    Itís like I read:
    Sixers are 29-0
    Brett is 0-16

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Itís like I read:
    Sixers are 29-0
    Brett is 0-16
    True

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132