Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863

    Bills vs Texans game day thread

    All the news before the game is about Allen asking Benjamin if he wanted to practice before the game and being told NO.

    Iím sure everyone here will still trust the process and be encouraged about the culture over talent.

    For todayís game, I have no clue on how we will score. If the coach canít muster a game plan that can give us more than 80 yards throwing against the titans at home, than there is no way he can develop a plan against the Texans. Over 4 sacks for Watts today.

    Do yourselves a favor today, watch the long ball by Allen. He hasnít thrown a pass over 20
    Yards this year that our WRís even had a chance to catch yet. If our WRs and line wasnít to blame last year, they are not to blame this year either.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-14-2018 at 12:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    We have no offense, no special teams and an ok defense. McDermott and Bean has made this the worse offense In the history of the franchise.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    And as usual, McDermott quits the game with 2 minutes left in the half. Awsome coaching.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    First thing McDermott needs to do is tell Daboll to get his non coaching ssa down on the sideline instead of the cozy press box. 44% of Of the Bills drives end in 3 and out. Canít blame Tyrod anymore.

    And all these illegal formation penalties and false start penalties are our coaches fault. He has failed to get these guys ready and prepared.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-14-2018 at 03:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    All coaching people. Peterman being on the team is all coaching. McDermott quitting in the first half with two minutes left, instead of going for points, all coaching. All of our penalties, coaching. But you will all think McDermott is good I canít wait to hear it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,706
    Nathan Peterman. lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    If Peterman is on this team next week, you can all kiss mcdermotts ssa goodbye in the off season, I guarantee he will no longer coach this team.

    Iíve said it from draft day, Allen is a mistake. And now you guys have to realize that the same coaches who think so highly of Peterman think as highly of Allen. And the QBs we had, who have NFL winning records, are now playing for different teams. Zero credibility from this point on by saying McDermott is a good coach. Zero!
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-14-2018 at 04:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,666
    I actually agree with your stance on Allen which is crazy that Iím agreeing with you. However, heís still a rookie.

    You can see his innaccuracy, inability to read defenses, and his lack of pocket presence that everyone was concerned about pre draft. Itís a bit ironic because people on here wanted a pocket passer and heís probably the worst in the pocket of all the first round QBs including Lamar Jackson, which is something that was also pointed out prior to the draft.

    Before itís brought up...no he doesnít have the best circumstances, but neither do Darnold and Rosen. The Bills have done Allen no favors on the offensive side of the ball, but Allen hasnít helped the situation either.

    With that said, we need to at least give him another year before forming a more solid opinion either way. These are just observations and not me saying heís definitely going to suck.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    The "he is a rookie" excuse doesn't have weight.

    Mahomes is a rookie and he throws darts accurately over 10 yards. Same with Watson, Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold. They hit their receivers in stride and they throw the long ball accurately.

    Are you guys even watching the games? Allen cannot do it. We can only blame the receivers when the ball hits them in the chest or the hands. As we saw last year in many plays by Tyrod. This year, Allen is 10 - 15 yards over throwing or underthrowing the ball. 1 out of 7 passes connect after 10 yards. That is putrid.

    Again, our soon to be fired coaching staff, over looked Mahomes and Watson last year. In a season where they thought Peterman in the 5th round would shock the world and would out perform the top two QBs in the draft. That is a fireable offense. In the middle of a playoff push, he starts Peterman in an AFC game, that fails miserably. Then with 2 better QB's on the roster, he continues his love affair with Peterman and now he has cost us two more games. Pegula's need to cut the marriage short. McDermott and Bean have shown, they overlook talent and the people they bring in don't have it.

    I have said it a million times. Looking for "culture", is just an excuse they created for over looking talent and not bringing players that perform in here. To get the fans brainwashed thinking at least we have a lockerroom with no bickering. Even trust the process was a stolen slogan from the 76'rs in basketball. Nothing from these guys are genuine. McDermott cant manage a game clock. Cant find talent, cant review a challenge correctly, cant get his offensive line prepared. Coaches to lose, not to win (going for it on 4th and 2 could have one us the game). And everytime I ask you guys to name one reason to keep him here. One reason we won any game because of him, all we hear are crickets.

    Put it into perspective. McDermott and Bean were in a super hurry, to get rid of QB's with a winning NFL record and playoff experience. He wanted them gone as fast as he can pull the trigger on a deal. And you guys want to believe that is a good coach.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-15-2018 at 10:28 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,806
    Lol looking at the roster coming into the season... How many wins did you expect? I expected 4-5 and an early draft pick. So nothing that is happening is surprising me. We're in the middle of a rebuild and it hurts. Its being done properly so it hurts more than the middling teams we've had for 20 years.

    Allen is barely allowed to do anything on offense (as it should be) so I'm not evaluating he's net results yet. Not sure what your expectations of a raw qb prospect with no OL or WR's should be, but I think you should bring them down to 0.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,666
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    The "he is a rookie" excuse doesn't have weight.

    Mahomes is a rookie and he throws darts accurately over 10 yards. Same with Watson, Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold. They hit their receivers in stride and they throw the long ball accurately.

    Are you guys even watching the games? Allen cannot do it. We can only blame the receivers when the ball hits them in the chest or the hands. As we saw last year in many plays by Tyrod. This year, Allen is 10 - 15 yards over throwing or underthrowing the ball. 1 out of 7 passes connect after 10 yards. That is putrid.

    Again, our soon to be fired coaching staff, over looked Mahomes and Watson last year. In a season where they thought Peterman in the 5th round would shock the world and would out perform the top two QBs in the draft. That is a fireable offense. In the middle of a playoff push, he starts Peterman in an AFC game, that fails miserably. Then with 2 better QB's on the roster, he continues his love affair with Peterman and now he has cost us two more games. Pegula's need to cut the marriage short. McDermott and Bean have shown, they overlook talent and the people they bring in don't have it.

    I have said it a million times. Looking for "culture", is just an excuse they created for over looking talent and not bringing players that perform in here. To get the fans brainwashed thinking at least we have a lockerroom with no bickering. Even trust the process was a stolen slogan from the 76'rs in basketball. Nothing from these guys are genuine. McDermott cant manage a game clock. Cant find talent, cant review a challenge correctly, cant get his offensive line prepared. Coaches to lose, not to win (going for it on 4th and 2 could have one us the game). And everytime I ask you guys to name one reason to keep him here. One reason we won any game because of him, all we hear are crickets.

    Put it into perspective. McDermott and Bean were in a super hurry, to get rid of QB's with a winning NFL record and playoff experience. He wanted them gone as fast as he can pull the trigger on a deal. And you guys want to believe that is a good coach.
    I agree with the bold, especially when it turns into having all choir boys on the team. It's one of the reasons I felt contributed to their lack of success pre-Whaley. The thing I'm having a hard time with though is that you were for that last year. You raved about him prioritizing certain kinds of players such as Peterman.

    You are right to do a 180 on that stance, but you would've never known that you posted the opposite last year with how much ranting you're doing about it.
    Last edited by smood999; 10-15-2018 at 09:56 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,706
    Can we stop the bellyaching about Tyrod already? He sucked before he was benched in Cleveland and barring an injury he isnít getting that job back.

    Darnold and Rosen have looked just as bad as Allen at times this year. Neither have a game as impressive as Allenís in the win over Minnesota, though. Thatís being a 1st year QB. Mahomes, while a 1st year starter, is not a 1st year QB. So the learning curve is not the same for him. Nobody predicted the success heís had this year. Heís exceeded even the loftiest of expectations, but heís also loaded with playmakers in an Andy Reid offense. Itís impressive how well he has succeeded, but letís not overlook the fact that heís succeeding in the cushiest situation in football. His 3rd option in the passing game is freakiní Sammy Watkins.

    Letís also not pretend that you wouldnít have *****ed and cried if we had drafted Mahomes, sabres. Only in hindsight do you think we should have drafted him, but youíve been barking about how QB is the last position we should have drafted and about how Tyrod should still be here. So shut up about Mahomes already.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,806
    Yeah seriously you've contradicted yourself on mahomes 1000 times.

    And again mahomes would hate buffalo and that is a major factor with this city. Mahomes wouldn't look much better in this offense imo.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Can we stop the bellyaching about Tyrod already? He sucked before he was benched in Cleveland and barring an injury he isnít getting that job back.

    Darnold and Rosen have looked just as bad as Allen at times this year. Neither have a game as impressive as Allenís in the win over Minnesota, though. Thatís being a 1st year QB. Mahomes, while a 1st year starter, is not a 1st year QB. So the learning curve is not the same for him. Nobody predicted the success heís had this year. Heís exceeded even the loftiest of expectations, but heís also loaded with playmakers in an Andy Reid offense. Itís impressive how well he has succeeded, but letís not overlook the fact that heís succeeding in the cushiest situation in football. His 3rd option in the passing game is freakiní Sammy Watkins.

    Letís also not pretend that you wouldnít have *****ed and cried if we had drafted Mahomes, sabres. Only in hindsight do you think we should have drafted him, but youíve been barking about how QB is the last position we should have drafted and about how Tyrod should still be here. So shut up about Mahomes already.
    Pay attention. As I have said a trillion times, MY PLAN, wouldn't have been to draft a QB with all the needs this team has. However, we knew the coaches plan was to move on from Tyrod and he had several better options available and said no. Even as backup, we could have had Osweiler, Lynch, McCarron, etc, yet Mcdermotts plan was Peterman all along. So in the end, as I have said a trillion times, Our coaches failed this team with Their Plan. Who knows if the other backups would have been any better, but we all knew, at least the intelligent Bills fans knew, that Peterman is horrible and Allen should never ever be starting.

    And If I was in charge, and I knew I had to get a QB last year or the next, at number 10, a smart person would go for the people they see, Maholmes or Watson, rather than hoping and praying that they will have an opportunity at someone the following year. That is a horrible way to run the team. Praying and wishing that something the following year happens.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-16-2018 at 11:46 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah seriously you've contradicted yourself on mahomes 1000 times.

    And again mahomes would hate buffalo and that is a major factor with this city. Mahomes wouldn't look much better in this offense imo.
    What a joke. I contradict myself. Never once have I. But lets talk about all your contradictions. You feel No QB would have been as good here, as they are with their current team, because of the players on this team. And that's how everyone here feels.

    Yet, when I said Tyrod looks bad, only because of the drops and the line, you all disagreed.

    Now Allen is here and we are hearing the excuse that its KB's fault, CLays fault and the lines fault. Yet, this excuse, that wasn't valid last year, now is valid with Allen? I have maintained what the problem with this team has been for 3 years straight. You guys only say what I say, when you try to convince yourselves that Allen was a great idea and a future HOFer.
    Last edited by sabres11; 10-16-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •