Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    In all honesty though, we have 2 top 10 pick bigs that compliment each other perfectly. They are also only 19 and 21 years old. We shouldn't really be looking to trade our assets to fill 2 positions that we nailed in the draft.

mock drafts have us taking a big in the draft so i guess they dont think we nailed much

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Hard to tell with Ainge, but they've been stockpiling assets for a while. You'd have to think AD is the type of player they go all out for, especially now that LeBron is out of the East.
    I tend to agree with this. Ainge is a smart (and lucky) GM, and cashing in his assets for a player like AD would certainly be a wise decision. They’re stocked on the wing and have draft capital. Build around AD, Tatum, and Kyrie, and keep a couple role players with Stevens coaching, and you’re good to go.

What type of package would they offer? Brown, Rozier, Morris, Horford and a 1st? You would have to think the trade market would be extremely deep if he became available. I could even see GS making a play at him. Any combo of Thompson/Iggy/Geeen. Bulls would certainly be in the market. Maybe Lauri, LaVine and a 1st. That’s a nice offer and could possibly be raised if need be. WCJ/AD/Hutch/FA/Dunn. Portis off the bench, and they would need to make some solid FA signings to fill it out. And a new coach. For the love of god a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Ainge is a smart (and lucky) GM, and cashing in his assets for a player like AD would certainly be a wise decision. They’re stocked on the wing and have draft capital. Build around AD, Tatum, and Kyrie, and keep a couple role players with Stevens coaching, and you’re good to go.

What type of package would they offer? Brown, Rozier, Morris, Horford and a 1st? You would have to think the trade market would be extremely deep if he became available. I could even see GS making a play at him. Any combo of Thompson/Iggy/Geeen. Bulls would certainly be in the market. Maybe Lauri, LaVine and a 1st. That’s a nice offer and could possibly be raised if need be. WCJ/AD/Hutch/FA/Dunn. Portis off the bench, and they would need to make some solid FA signings to fill it out. And a new coach. For the love of god a good coach.
    I doubt New Orleans would want Horford. I'd assume they will just rebuild if/when they move AD.

That package is probably light too, but it really doesn't matter. If another team came close to that offer, the Celtics currently have FOUR 1st round picks this year (not sure about their future picks). Chances are they'll get another player or two in this draft worth including in a deal for AD or another star.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I doubt New Orleans would want Horford. I'd assume they will just rebuild if/when they move AD.

That package is probably light too, but it really doesn't matter. If another team came close to that offer, the Celtics currently have FOUR 1st round picks this year (not sure about their future picks). Chances are they'll get another player or two in this draft worth including in a deal for AD or another star.
    Perhaps. But if Lauri plays strong this year, he’d be the most proven commodity with upside. Along with LaVine. The Bulls have legit pieces to be competitive in the market. Not saying they’ll win out, but their ammunition is among the best, IMO. Even with Boston’s draft capital, an offer of say Lauri/LaVine/top 10 pick in 19 and a future unprotected 1st is no joke. Imagine if Lauri comes back and puts up 19/9/3 with good efficiency. Certainly in the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    mock drafts have us taking a big in the draft so i guess they dont think we nailed much
    Those mocks are just projecting where guys will fall. I don't think the people putting those together have started assuming teams yet. They are going best available.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Perhaps. But if Lauri plays strong this year, he’d be the most proven commodity with upside. Along with LaVine. The Bulls have legit pieces to be competitive in the market. Not saying they’ll win out, but their ammunition is among the best, IMO. Even with Boston’s draft capital, an offer of say Lauri/LaVine/top 10 pick in 19 and a future unprotected 1st is no joke. Imagine if Lauri comes back and puts up 19/9/3 with good efficiency. Certainly in the realm of possibility.
    Yeah I think some are forgetting that we actually have young talent now. Lauri, Lavine, Carter are top tier young assets that most teams would trade for. Portis and Dunn carry value as well, Dunn as a top notch defender, and Portis as a scoring big.

Portis and Holiday for Fultz, Fred gonna Put Fultz jumper back to were it was in College.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789