Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    No worries. You're wrong. Grimes will be gone. Ryan Smith wont be re signed after his rookie deal. VH3 wont be re signed after his rookie deal. You know how many CBS that leaves right? Mj will be fine at Nickel. An open cb spot available. You know what that means....
    Well even if that leaves us with a hole at the #2 spot, with the #1 & #3 guys being in their 2nd year, the logical thing to do would be to sign a FA to fill the #2 spot next year, but its all good. I can tell your not the kind of person to accept when your wrong. So yes, the Bucs will obviously use their highest picks to take multiple CB's in next seasons draft! You're right!

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    That loss was kick to the freaking nuts. Honestly safe to say next week is a must win for Koetter?? To me it is, not sure how you can justify a loss to Cleveland at home with a rookie QB. Mike Smith is garbage and should have been fired during the bye. The new an improved Dline outside JPP doesn't seem to be doing much, was hoping Vita would have more of an impact but its still early. The right side of our Oline especially Benenoch needs to be overhauled. Would like to see Barber get more carries going forward at least 20 carries but its not like our D will help him out by spotting the other team 24 points before half.

I knew we were in trouble when McCoy and Kwon were dancing on the sideline like they won the Superbowl and yet we were still down. I agree with MJ being too slow he seems to always be a step behind. Not much discipline on this team, dark day my friends dark day.
    Smith is officially gone. Thank god!!! Reason to be optimistic again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Well even if that leaves us with a hole at the #2 spot, with the #1 & #3 guys being in their 2nd year, the logical thing to do would be to sign a FA to fill the #2 spot next year, but its all good. I can tell your not the kind of person to accept when your wrong. So yes, the Bucs will obviously use their highest picks to take multiple CB's in next seasons draft! You're right!
    I said. "We will draft a corner in the first 2 rounds next april."

You said, "the bucs will obviously use their highest picks to take multiple CB's in next seasons draft?"

They won't be taken 2 CBS in their first 2 picks, I'll tell you that. 1st and/or 2nd. and/or is a figure of speech. One or the other.

It's like talking to a wall, so blind to see what's on the other side.

You don't get that Brent Grimes will be retiring. That VH3 has one more year left and won't be back. That Ryan Smith has one more year left and won't be back. This is Elliot's last year of the deal, he would be a great 5th or 6th corner.

This Franchise hasn't had an impact corner since (Talib) and they let him go. Revis Didn't work out in Free Agency. They drafted VH3 to be that guy... and he hasn't.

They will be addressing it in the first 2 rounds next year. You build through the draft, not FA. we have found out the hard way.

Mike Smith gone is a great start. But usually that means others are to follow. Scheme and system is huge. It likely won;t get much better here the rest of the season.

These players have followed Mike Smith's game planning/schemes/systems for multiple seasons, with long offseason workouts and training camp. A LB coach isn't going to be able to implement some miracle design to fix the issues that are already instilled in these players.

Next year when a new defensive coordinator is in, they will have new schemes/new systems. Within these new schemes/new systems they will have and need players that can play within it. This means targeting players in the draft to fit the mold. The new DC will definitely want to add a corner early, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I said. "We will draft a corner in the first 2 rounds next april."

You said, "the bucs will obviously use their highest picks to take multiple CB's in next seasons draft?"

They won't be taken 2 CBS in their first 2 picks, I'll tell you that. 1st and/or 2nd. and/or is a figure of speech. One or the other.

It's like talking to a wall, so blind to see what's on the other side.

You don't get that Brent Grimes will be retiring. That VH3 has one more year left and won't be back. That Ryan Smith has one more year left and won't be back. This is Elliot's last year of the deal, he would be a great 5th or 6th corner.

This Franchise hasn't had an impact corner since (Talib) and they let him go. Revis Didn't work out in Free Agency. They drafted VH3 to be that guy... and he hasn't.

They will be addressing it in the first 2 rounds next year. You build through the draft, not FA. we have found out the hard way.

Mike Smith gone is a great start. But usually that means others are to follow. Scheme and system is huge. It likely won;t get much better here the rest of the season.

These players have followed Mike Smith's game planning/schemes/systems for multiple seasons, with long offseason workouts and training camp. A LB coach isn't going to be able to implement some miracle design to fix the issues that are already instilled in these players.

Next year when a new defensive coordinator is in, they will have new schemes/new systems. Within these new schemes/new systems they will have and need players that can play within it. This means targeting players in the draft to fit the mold. The new DC will definitely want to add a corner early, believe me.
    I'm not going to take the time to pick apart everything wrong about this. The only thing that you are right about is that we will lose some DB's and need to replace them. With 2 rookie CB's, a rookie SS and a 2nd year FS, the common sense move, if you are looking to add another starting caliber CB, would be to add a veteran, not another rookie, but again, at this point, I don't expect you to understand.

I wouldn't mind draft a CB high next year for the reasons stated but hopefully Carlton and MJ take a big step forward throughout the year so we don't have too. The need along the Oline especially at RG is so glaring its not even funny at this point and I can't imagine Dotson coming back, he'll most likely be retiring.

I'm still disgusted by McCoy and company dancing on the sidelines down 24-16 I mean that's coming from our captains and we wonder why we can't win?! I personally would like to move on from GMC after this year and I've always been a supporter of his but that was just unacceptable. Yes Derwin would have been nice but when you look at the ages of our Dline, we needed his youth.

Your post is about 1/8 of the length of mine. And I'll agree I'm not gonna take the time to address your 50 words. You're right about 1 thing. We definitely will bring in a vet next year. Theres a vet brought in for every single position on the football field every season. That's what good business is about. But I dont expect you to understand that level of football. We arent talking about bringing in vets like every franchise does for every position every year. We are talking about building for the future. Carlton Davis has upside. He ain't a lockdown #1 corner like you preached tho.
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 10-15-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Dont forget we are still waiting to release Alex Cappa from the den. Hes got a little Marpet a little Jensen in him. Imo he is our future RG. He will compliment the line and be a bigger upgrade then Benenoch.
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 10-15-2018 at 11:06 PM.

I firmly believe that McCoy should go. Yes he’s a good DT but he doesn’t have that killer instinct. His dancing on the sidelines was ridiculous. Apologizing to an opposing QB as you’re tackling him is just plain dumb (yes I know he hit him late but so what). He’s supposed to be the captain and leader of our team and our defense and yet we’ve not one since he’s been here. He has yet to take over a game and reak havoc on an opposing QB and OL. You look at Aaron Donald in St Louis and then look at McCoy and they’re night and day difference. Donald can and has shut down drives and put his team on his back. In fact the only time I’ve ever seen passion and anger from McCoy is when a reporter writes a bad story about him.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I wouldn't mind draft a CB high next year for the reasons stated but hopefully Carlton and MJ take a big step forward throughout the year so we don't have too. The need along the Oline especially at RG is so glaring its not even funny at this point and I can't imagine Dotson coming back, he'll most likely be retiring.

I'm still disgusted by McCoy and company dancing on the sidelines down 24-16 I mean that's coming from our captains and we wonder why we can't win?! I personally would like to move on from GMC after this year and I've always been a supporter of his but that was just unacceptable. Yes Derwin would have been nice but when you look at the ages of our Dline, we needed his youth.
    This is the one thing I agree with. C. Benonach is a problem. Maybe he grows into the position, or maybe somebody else does, but as of now, I think he is our weakest starter, along with the RB position

I'm completely over arguing with people that think we should get rid of McCoy just because there's one or two better DT's in the league. It's such a stupid argument
    Last edited by aecon13; 10-16-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    This is the one thing I agree with. C. Benonach is a problem. Maybe he grows into the position, or maybe somebody else does, but as of now, I think he is our weakest starter, along with the RB position

I'm completely over arguing with people that think we should get rid of McCoy just because there's one or two better DT's in the league. It's such a stupid argument
    Believe me I am over it too but its more than that. McCoy represents a systematic problem that has been haunting this organization for a long time. Attitude reflects leadership, and when you have your captains smiling and dancing on the sidelines down 8 points, after getting torched in the first half you have to wonder if this is connected. Sorry I was a McCoy supporter for a long time but its time to move on. I'm eager to see how the D plays without him and lets face it he's not exactly lighting it up this year.

Just some points to hit on, might miss some topics.

Benenoch isa struggling, weakest link by far. A Pamphile type player who is overmatched as a starter but a decent backup.

OT is an issue, Dotson is old and inconsistent, Smith is a FA. Going to likely need at least 1 starting OT. Something I expect us to target early in the draft. Does that affect our ability to replace Benenoch?

CB and S are an obvious issue. We don't know how good Davis will be. Maybe hes a #1, maybe he's not. Dont think you can count on that in Year 2 regardless. Grimes is done, VH3 has a chance at redemption next year but could be gone. Can't just have a ton of young CBs but dont have a lot of cap space for a Top FA CB. Maybe they go after a Top safety in the draft to pair with Evan's? Conte is done here.

McCoy is still very good, hes not playing as good as he has the last few years for whatever reason. I wouldn't be against trying to bring down his cap hit. The time is approaching where the Bucs will have to consider whether his 16 million would be better spent elsewhere.

No real problem with GMC and Kwon being excited about playing better as a team in 2nd half, better defensive play allowed Winston to bring us back. Have more of a problem with Kwons ****** coverage play this year. He says he wants to be great, go down in the record books, must play better vs pass. Must..

^ We will see if the change in DC bring out better play from Kwon and Lavonte. I certainly hope it does. O-Line is definitely the top need for me early in the 2019 draft. As of now, there are like 8 O-Lineman that look like first rounders in 19, which sets up well for us. I really like Whitehead and think he is the future at SS for us. DJax should come off the books after this season, so we will be able to sign a solid FA CB. That's what I would do at least. The problem is there really aren't very many. Ronald Darby maybe!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234