Results 1,636 to 1,644 of 1644
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Bauer never said he wants out. He said this afterwards:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...-assassination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well damn, second hand reporting

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Well damn, second hand reporting
    The character thing was true but doesn’t sound like he cared that much since he won his case. Regardless, I like him as a player but his contract situation concerns me. He said he plans to never sign a contract more than one year. He also said his goal next year to set the arb record. I won’t mind that as much when he becomes a FA but knowing he won’t sign long term makes it tough to give up quality prospects.

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

The character thing was true but doesn’t sound like he cared that much since he won his case. Regardless, I like him as a player but his contract situation concerns me. He said he plans to never sign a contract more than one year. He also said his goal next year to set the arb record. I won’t mind that as much when he becomes a FA but knowing he won’t sign long term makes it tough to give up quality prospects.

Players opinions change when they feel appreciated, so who knows what a change of scenery could bring?

Impo it’s all a negotiating ploy! And I don’t blame players for using it.

Not sure if many of you know this but DOB and Jeff Schultz held an interview with Terry McGuirk and Alex Anthopoulos to basically discuss the payroll and the Braves spending. The below article by Craig Calcaterra tears into everything they said and is actually a good read. It's too long to post here so below is the link and I suggest you all read it.

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/02/14...ns-are-idiots/
    Did we promise we were going to spend more money, or did we promise we were going to have more flexibility? Nobody is ever going to say, “We have to spend ‘X’ amount.”

This answer by AA really made me sick, this is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Did we promise we were going to spend more money, or did we promise we were going to have more flexibility? Nobody is ever going to say, “We have to spend ‘X’ amount.”

This answer by AA really made me sick, this is BS.
    The other thing that pisses me off from that, is Mcguirick saying he expects to be a mid to upper level payroll by 2020. One damn year away, and you are wasting an opportunity to add players from a great free agent class. If you expect to be upper level payroll by 2020, then it would make sense to make a run at Harper or Machado with a little back loaded contract. Disappointing.

I hope so! Dave Dombrowski said again yesterday he does see a "big expenditure" going into the closer role so it looks doubtful Kimbrel returns to Boston. That's big because the Red Sox are the best team with money who could go after him. Hopefully he falls into our laps.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Kimbrel can make take this bullpen from a weakness to a strength if he can still be elite, but is that still the case?

Of all qualified RP last season Kimbrel ranked 7th in K/9 that's still elite, but not on another level like he was before, he was 24th in BB/9 certainly not elite, he was 40th/46th/24th in ERA/FIP/xFIP.

He had a similar season in 2016 and came back to elite form in 2017 so it could've been another down year, as I recall, he wasn't exactly dominant in the playoffs either.
    Last edited by beldugo; Today at 04:44 PM.