Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1644
    Read this article on baseball analyzed about teams that should be trying for Harper. They echo my sentiments with how AA is operating:

2. ATLANTA BRAVES

They just won the division and returned to the playoffs for the first time since 2013 last season. Their right fielder*Nick Markakis*hit free agency andÖÖ they re-signed him instead of signing Harper. I donít know if they actually tried, but they were never even connected to him. Why not? They barely have any contracts on the books and signing Harper would energize the fanbase and give them one of the best lineups in the game. How could they really stuck with a declining Markakis? It just doesnít make any sense to me and seems be unnecessarily and embarrassingly cheap of their ownership.

oops...i copied that like 5 times.

I have never been a Harper fan and I think he is over-rated. But if ATL got Harper on a 2-3 yr ďprove itĒ deal, I could be down with that.

Bench of Camargo, Culberson, Markakis, Duvall, cat her could be one of the best in all of baseball. Plenty of PH options and guys to keep others fresh.

Acuna
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Harper
    Albies
    McCann/Flowers
    Inciarte
    Swanson

That lineup looks really good, especially if Albies hits.

Again, I have never been a Harper fan and think he is overrated. But at this point, I wouldnít be upset if he was a target.

I donít like Machado because his defense at SS isnít good. He is a 3B whether he wants to admit it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I have never been a Harper fan and I think he is over-rated. But if ATL got Harper on a 2-3 yr ďprove itĒ deal, I could be down with that.

Bench of Camargo, Culberson, Markakis, Duvall, cat her could be one of the best in all of baseball. Plenty of PH options and guys to keep others fresh.

Acuna
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Harper
    Albies
    McCann/Flowers
    Inciarte
    Swanson

That lineup looks really good, especially if Albies hits.

Again, I have never been a Harper fan and think he is overrated. But at this point, I wouldnít be upset if he was a target.

I donít like Machado because his defense at SS isnít good. He is a 3B whether he wants to admit it or not.

Just a question about your line up. Why not split the leftyís and rightyís, necessitating the opposing team to counter late in games?

Acuna
    Harper
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Albies
    McCann
    Swanson
    Inciarte

I donít buy itís a must Donaldson hits in the two hole or Freeman in the 3 for that matter. Harpers OBP is always going to be higher and heís also faster, and Iíd say a better base runner. So why not place him in front of Donaldson and Freeman?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Just a question about your line up. Why not split the leftyís and rightyís, necessitating the opposing team to counter late in games?

Acuna
    Harper
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Albies
    McCann
    Swanson
    Inciarte

I donít buy itís a must Donaldson hits in the two hole or Freeman in the 3 for that matter. Harpers OBP is always going to be higher and heís also faster, and Iíd say a better base runner. So why not place him in front of Donaldson and Freeman?
    I would be fine with that, I just donít know if they (AA/Snitker) will move Donaldson down.

If Albies could get on consistently, imagine a lineup of

Albies
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Harper
    Catcher
    Inciarte
    Swanson

That 1-5 could be really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I would be fine with that, I just donít know if they (AA/Snitker) will move Donaldson down.

If Albies could get on consistently, imagine a lineup of

Albies
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Harper
    Catcher
    Inciarte
    Swanson

That 1-5 could be really, really good.

Oh yeah!!!! That would be Lit!

I think the Braves will still get 1 of Keuchel or Kimbrel but I don't see both. Personally I like Kimbrel better. I would like to see us sign Kimbrel trade for Mabum, and trade away JT. This would fit in our pay structure for sure.

Can we put soroka and touki as starters and try Teheran in the pen?

Interesting.....

Over on the mlbtr chat, the blogger opines that AA is a little gun shy. He further says we overachieved last season and AA will jump in once he knows weíre legit.

I donít really agree, but itís a reasonable expectation for holding on to all the prospects.

I hope we donít get machado or Harper. Iíd rather wait and get arenado, or trade half the farm for ďBabeĒ Trout.

ABT
    @atlbaseballtalk
    The Marlins wanted a teamís top prospect plus some additional volume. AA wasnít willing to go beyond Riley. Thatís the whole thing.
    William
    @LastWordWilliam
    Replying to @atlbaseballtalk
    I have a hard time believing that any onus falls on the Braves for not making the trade for Realmuto, especially after the return the Marlins got from the Phillies. Seemed more like Marlins FO just wanted to fleece us, and Anthopolus wouldn't bite.

11:44 PM - Feb 10

Agreed sb75

Giants are going to offer Harper a lucrative short term deal, and some believe the Giants will land him. This is exactly what the Braves should have done.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Giants are going to offer Harper a lucrative short term deal, and some believe the Giants will land him. This is exactly what the Braves should have done.
    I think so too. He's risky for that money but if you are getting 2015 and 2017 Harper then it's worth it IMO. I like the deal we gave Donaldson and I think if he's healthy he'll be a better player but I'll echo Coach here and add that signing Harper would have allowed Camargo to play everyday at 3rd. Hopefully Camargo can learn the OF quickly and steal more AB's from Markakis.

At the very least, I'm pulling for the Giants to land Harper. Then hopefully the Padres or White Sox can reel in Machado and leave the Phillies in the dust.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by Dalemurphy44 View Post
    I hope we donít get machado or Harper. Iíd rather wait and get arenado, or trade half the farm for ďBabeĒ Trout.
    Braves still have Camargo and Riley. Unless Riley is traded, I donít see the Braves going after a 3B.

I could see ATL going after a good OF next offseason though. That list includes:

Martinez (if he opts out)
    Ozuna
    Dickerson
    Hicks
    Castellanos
    Puig

There are also some good SP that will hit the market. ATL could let Teheran and Gausman walk, saving a bunch of money to sign a guy like Cole or Bumgarner. Then the last 2 spots would go to youngsters.