Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    I am currently listening to AA on Sirius radio. Here are some highlights. (I am paraphrasing)

- Average (or better) defense tied to a good hitter is a priority. Good hitters, not RH/LH, and solid defense is the priority. Seems to question the Castellanos rumors.

- ATL is looking to add, not move OFers. Seems to question the Inciarte rumors.

- ATL has to be selective in moving young players due to market. Adding established veterans is only an option if price and control are sustainable.

- When asked if SP or the 9th inning was more of a concern, AA said it was position player depth. Both on the 40 man and in prospects. He said they like their SP and RP upside. When asked again, he said SP due to innings and injuries. He also said they have been more active on the SP front.

- He didn’t seem be a huge fan of the new TB “starter” method.

- On Camargo, he complimented his ability to move positions and said they may try him in the OF. Said Camargo will be important in giving guys more days off so the don’t fatigue like they did last year. Admitted the bench was too thin last year and guys like Albies and Marky just wore down.

- Also said they reached out to Camargo (and all infielders) after (not before) signing Donaldson because they wanted to keep it quiet. But they communicated what the plan was to all their guys.

I thought AA made it pretty clear that OF and SP are the focus right now. Also sounded like they would be willing to move some, but not a lot of prospects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I think ATL is out on JT. I am actually glad. While catcher is not a strength, it didn’t get worse than last year, either. Let somebody else overpay for Realmuto.

I expect NYM to land him.

2018 Vikings Draft :

2018 Vikings Draft :

Patience development wise, Braves could build internal rotation resembling 90s. Pitching talent in organization is beyond compare. Only System comparable is Padres who lack big league starters, but have nice bullpen pieces (Might call them on Matt Strahm if I’m AA.

Can’t prospect hoard forever. Leveraging system to acquire pieces on cost effective manner only logical route after signing Donaldson.

Shopping list should be as follows:

OF Bat:
    1. Seattle’s Mitch Haniger (28)- Club Control thorough 2022 (I’d sell the Farm).
    2. Arizona’s David Peralta (31)- Arbitration Eligible 2019-20 (Marginally Intrigued in Package w/ Greinke plus Archie Bradley).
    3. Cincinnati’s Jesse Winker (25)- Club Control through 2023 (If Reds want Pitching)
    4. Minnesota’s Byron Buxton (25)- Club Control through 2022 (Just love his upside still)
    5. Minnesota’s Max Kepler (26)- Club Control through 2022 (True Corner still developing)

Doubt Mets opened discussing Conforto / Nimmo & don’t match up well given both teams have upper level pitching. Contenders ain’t dealing impact bats for prospects, even high level ones. Hunter Renfroe’s & other marginal bats don’t warrant trading assets.

Go all in on Haniger. Make Trader Jerry an offer he can’t refuse without taking on dead weight. Don’t go near AJ Pollock unless its 2-3 Yrs. Maybe Brantley on a 2 Yr Deal.

Relievers supplement via FA or go trade route on a Blake Treinen or more realistically (and costly) Jose LeClerc or Archie Bradley from D-Backs. Maybe Raisiel Iglesias from Cinci for starters. Folty for Raisiel? Intriguing…. Jose LeClerc & Joey Gallo intrigues me… Not sure it’s a winning formula. If price on old friend Craig Kimbrel doesn’t meet his expectations, consider a reunion. Be in on Zach Britton if coaches believes he can tap into old dominance. Very curious where his market lands.

I’d allocate innings to younger guys then shift focus at deadline if bonafide Ace if needed. Should be sellers given expiring contracts- MadBum, Gerrt Cole, Verlander, Sonny Gray, Wacha, Roark, Zack Wheeler, Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson, Pineda, Jhoulys Chacin.

Add Pen & BAT now. Focus on big name starter down the line. Discuss Greinke with DBacks in deal where ARIZ takes back $20M owed to Teheran / Darren O’Day & prospects, plus kicks in $. Force D’Backs to get the total financial commitment down under $70M for next 3 seasons (Ages 35-37).

Dealing from depth for Haniger is no brainer. Wouldn’t make any young arms ‘Untouchable’. Prefer hang onto Soroka, Ian Anderson over Kyle Wright / Touki. Of tier 2 arms Bryse Wilson over Allard/Wentz/Muller.

2 pieces wouldn’t let go Cristian Pache & Luiz Gohara. Unless entire Haniger trade built around Pache. Really believe in Pache’s MASSIVE Tools / Upside. Mark My Words… Luiz Gohara will be pivotal to the next World Series Win or at least deep playoff run.

Was the in reference to Happ??

If Happ was on a 2 yr deal I would be OK with it. Not in love with it, though.

Over the last three years he has...

3.33 ERA
    3.87 FIP
    1.231 WHIP
    8.1/2.8 K/BB per 9

If AA could sign Happ and then move Teheran, I wouldn’t mind it. I think Happ is an upgrade over JT, even at his age. Happ would also add some veteran leadership to the rotation and would certainly help some if the young arms coming up.

It is nice that Happ wouldn’t cost any prospects either. In fact if you add Happ and trade JT, ATL would add a prospect or two and upgrade their rotation while adding a small amount of salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    If Happ was on a 2 yr deal I would be OK with it. Not in love with it, though.

Over the last three years he has...

3.33 ERA
    3.87 FIP
    1.231 WHIP
    8.1/2.8 K/BB per 9

If AA could sign Happ and then move Teheran, I wouldn’t mind it. I think Happ is an upgrade over JT, even at his age. Happ would also add some veteran leadership to the rotation and would certainly help some if the young arms coming up.

It is nice that Happ wouldn’t cost any prospects either. In fact if you add Happ and trade JT, ATL would add a prospect or two and upgrade their rotation while adding a small amount of salary.

This is my thinking. Happ has been the guy I want if we were to sign a FA starter. He fits the mold of a veteran on a short deal that AA has been looking at. Also allows AA to shift his focus to an OF. Without giving up top prospects for a SP, AA would have all of his top prospects available to make a trade for an OF.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

2018 Vikings Draft :

This is my thinking. Happ has been the guy I want if we were to sign a FA starter. He fits the mold of a veteran on a short deal that AA has been looking at. Also allows AA to shift his focus to an OF. Without giving up top prospects for a SP, AA would have all of his top prospects available to make a trade for an OF.
    I’m not saying Happ is my guy or even one of the guys high on my list. But in the big picture way of thinking, as you layer out if we get him for 2 yrs and trade JT for a prospect or two, we could offer a very significant package for an OF’er he might not otherwise be available.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I’m not saying Happ is my guy or even one of the guys high on my list. But in the big picture way of thinking, as you layer out if we get him for 2 yrs and trade JT for a prospect or two, we could offer a very significant package for an OF’er he might not otherwise be available.
    Exactly where I am at on Happ. I could see how the investment is worth it.

2018-2019 Atlanta Braves off-season thread

Phillies appear to be signing McCutchen. 3 yrs/50M

Last edited by Coach100; Today at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Phillies appear to be signing McCutchen. 3 yrs/50M

Yikes. No thanks on that. He's still productive but he's past his prime.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Yikes. No thanks on that. He's still productive but he's past his prime.
    Yeah. That’s a steep price. Brantley and Pollock are excited.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748