Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1207
    Man, imagine if we get Realmuto AND Pollock!! That's a crazy stacked lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Man, imagine if we get Realmuto AND Pollock!! That's a crazy stacked lineup.
    I'm on board with this.

Acuna
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Pollock
    Albies
    Realmuto
    Inciarte
    Swanson

Sign me up for that please.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

One additional aspect to keep in mind if the Braves sign Pollock: the Braves will lose their 2nd round pick, not their 3rd round pick. I can handle Pollock, as long as the deal isn't too long (not 4 or 5 years).

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/stat...60218456104960

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    One additional aspect to keep in mind if the Braves sign Pollock:

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/stat...60218456104960
    AA has already said the draft pick compensation won't stop them from signing a player.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    AA has already said the draft pick compensation won't stop them from signing a player.
    Yes, I know. I just hate that they would have to give up a 2nd rounder rather than a 3rd rounder. If I were a GM, some fans would probably hate me because I would protect my draft picks like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    Yes, I know. I just hate that they would have to give up a 2nd rounder rather than a 3rd rounder. If I were a GM, some fans would probably hate me because I would protect my draft picks like crazy.
    Typically I would feel the same way but I feel the team is in a good spot to withstand losing that pick. The major league roster is ready to compete now. If AA feels Pollock can help bring us a championship then I'm on board. Plus it helps having two first round picks this year.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Last month JJ Cooper of BA was asked if he thought Riley could hold his own in LF. His response:

J.J. Cooper: Hey everyone. Thanks for coming to chat. I think that he'll be below-average in left or right field. His arm would be more than fine for either spot, so it comes down to whichever corner the Braves feel is easier to play at SunTrust Park. Left field is actually bigger in Atlanta than right field, so I could see the argument for trying him in right field while AcuŮa stays in left. It's not a great fit for Riley. He's more athletic than he looks, but foot speed is his weakness, and that matters in the outfield. That said, I've watched Joey Votto play outfield in AAA (he was actually pretty decent out there). Yonder Alonso has played outfield. Rhys Hoskins has played outfield. Daniel Palka has played outfield. It comes down to what a team is willing to live with.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

So KC Covington of Braveswire put out a series of tweets today about AA. He said AA said the payroll has room to grow from last year quite a bit. The new stadium did well and the payroll will go up. He mentioned saving some money for the younger guys so still have to spend wisely. What do you guys think quite a bit means? I'm going 160 million range.

We would give up a 2nd regardless, because it is your 3rd pick and we have 2 1sts.

I would love Pollock and Realmuto...but my lineup goes:

Acuna
    Realmuto
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Pollock
    Albies
    Swanson
    Inciarte

I love Realmuto in 2 hole. Gets on base, gap to gap hitter, speed..he slides in nice at 2 hole and moves some protection for Freeman. Acuna has huge protection w Realmuto, Realmuto has to be pitched to because Freeman, and then Donaldson has to see pitches because of Pollock. Only guy that could struggle is Pollock, because I would pitch to Albies all day , because he swings at everything

I think the Braves will go with Donaldson at the two hole no matter what, so I'll go:

AcuŮa LF
    Donaldson 3B
    Freeman 1B
    Realmuto C
    Pollock RF
    Albies 2B
    Inciarte CF
    Swanson SS

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    So KC Covington of Braveswire put out a series of tweets today about AA. He said AA said the payroll has room to grow from last year quite a bit. The new stadium did well and the payroll will go up. He mentioned saving some money for the younger guys so still have to spend wisely. What do you guys think quite a bit means? I'm going 160 million range.
    AA also said in a radio interview yesterday that they still have quite a bit of money left to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I know AA said it in an interview.... but imho it should be up to the manager to set the everyday line up. I know Josh had an MVP season in the two hole in the AL, however in the NL and this line up particularly, I think he profiles better in another spot.

If the Braves do get A.J., Iím hoping for at least a two year deal, no longer than a three year deal. AA said he wouldnít let the pick deter him and thatís fine on a two year deal where you can trade him and recoup a prospect or two when Pache or Waters are ready. On a one year deal ( unless itís a complete steal) weíd be loosing a pick, that could become more important with the loss of our international pool money.

If the price has dropped for JT to one top five and 2 outside of our top ten, I could be okay with that. But adding JT as VTG has already posted above, just adds to moving Josh away from the two hole! Ultimately Iíd love for Incirate, Swanson, or Albies to step up and become the lead off hitter, so we can put our power guys in the middle of the lineup. However if we did add A.J. and Realmuto as of now Iíd go...
    Acuna
    Realmuto
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Pollock
    Albies
    Swanson
    Inciarte

I really would love to move Acuna to the 2 or 3 hole with his power. But weíd need two of the 3 to step up ( Albies, Inciarte, Swanson).

In closing if the Braves are able to sign Pollock to a two or three year deal, I would suggest the Braves should lock up Acuna before the end of the season with an extension.

Yeah, that lineup makes sense. Donaldson is no spring chicken, and in a NL lineup, you would put Acuna and Realmuto's speed ahead of the boppers. It is not like Realmuto is poor on-base, and he has the added ability to swipe bags. I could even consider Realmuto 1 and Acuna in 2 hole.

I agree 100% SB75...it would be ideal to put Inciarte or Albies at the leadoff, but Inciarte is who we think he is...and as for Albies, he would have to take monsterous leaps in pitch selection to be a leadoff ahead of the likes of Acuna or Realmuto on this team. The top 5 would be very dangerous, and 6 could be...it would definitely push our contender status up even higher

I agree on Inciarte. If he can get his numbers back to his first 2 seasons I think his presence hitting lead off would balance out the lineup. Having Acuna hitting behind him should help his numbers. But if he doesnít Iím fine with Acuna hitting lead off again. The bottom of our order will be a little weak but if Swanson even becomes an average bat we would be ok.

Coach discussed this before but Realmutos career numbers show he hits best in the 2 hole or 6 hole. Donaldson has a career .941 OPS hitting 2nd and .900 hitting 4th.

If we sign Pollock and trade for Realmuto then quite honestly I donít care where anybody hits. Thatís just a hell of a lineup on paper. Snit will experiment with what works best and then weíll have our everyday line up. We could be looking at an everyday infield of 4-5 4+ WAR players plus Acuna and Pollock in the OF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast