Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 1,831 to 1,836 of 1836
    I know it's only 1 game, but the Braves really needed to add a bigger bat then Markakis. We could have a had guy like Domingo Santana for nothing, and he would have been the perfect cleanup hitter behind Freeman
    Acuna
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Santana

Oh well. Hopefully AA recognizes this sooner rather than later.

I have to agree. The Phils, Dodgers, and the game yesterday where every run came via homerun shows how much the longball affects the game. I sure as heck would love to see Donaldson poke his head out and resemble near his old form soon. He hasn't look overly sharp through the spring.

I know the sky isn't falling after one gm...bit the rotation is in shambles, the bullpen saw zero improvements and may be worse (as we have decided to keep the guys who were worse than the bad guys that were in last yrs bullpen, and while Markakis is swinging a good bat early, the longball would have been nice

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    I know it's only 1 game, but the Braves really needed to add a bigger bat then Markakis. We could have a had guy like Domingo Santana for nothing, and he would have been the perfect cleanup hitter behind Freeman
    Acuna
    Donaldson
    Freeman
    Santana

Oh well. Hopefully AA recognizes this sooner rather than later.
    I think AA will address that this winter, as Donaldson and Markakis are both just 1 year deals and I think both players move on after this season. I think they will end up getting a bigger bat to replace Markakis in RF for 2020 and either Austin Riley or Camargo will man 3B in 2020.

I would guess the lineup for 2020 would be something like this:

CF - Inciarte
    LF - Acuna
    1B - Freeman
    RF - FA big bat or trade
    3B - A. Riley (possibly Camargo)
    2B - Albies
    SS - Swanson
    C - Flowers\Jackson

That is just a guess, and it is possible that Acuna would leadoff and Inciarte could be kicked to the bottom of the lineup. It's always tough to project the order.

I think the starting rotation will take some lumps this season due to all of the young guys but I am really not that worried about them. There is a lot of talent and depth there, they just need experience. The bullpen is the area of the team that is the most talent-deficient, even when healthy. I can at least look at the lineup and the starting rotation and see lots of talent and potential in both areas but the bullpen really just has a few guys with potential and a lot of guys that we are just hoping won't implode.

I wanted Santana since last Nov. He has a cheap contract and was a cheap trade piece. But I wouldnít say he is better than Marky.

I would have liked to seen AA do the following this past offseason:

- Trade for Santana (LF)
    - Sign Marky (RF)
    - Trade for Kluber using Inciarte and specs.
    - Sign Donaldson
    - Sign Kimbrel
    - Sign Venters
    - Sign McCann
    - Trade JT

ATL could have rolled out the following:

Markakis (RF)
    Acuna (CF)
    Freeman (1B)
    Donaldson (3B)
    Santana (LF)
    Albies (2B)
    Catcher (C)
    Swanson (SS)

Kluber
    Folty
    Gausman
    Newcomb
    Wilson

Camargo
    Culberson
    Joyce
    Catcher

Kimbrel
    Vizcaino
    Minter
    Venters
    OíDay
    Fried
    Carle
    Sobotka

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acuna deal getting finalized. MLBTR says 8 yr deal north if 100 mill and 2 option yrs. If that is the case.....HOMERUN!!!!

So I just read if Kimberl signs after the draft, there is no draft compensation! If thatís true I wonder if the Braves are waiting for just that. Also wonder if thatís what Craig is waiting for. To get Craig in a 3 or even 4 year deal without giving up compensation would be remarkable. If AA pulled that off, along with the extension of Acuna, and possibly extending Albies, I think a lot of fans would owe him an apology!

Can a fan more famiowith the CBA shed some light on this possibility?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/04/poll-when-will-kimbrel-keuchel-sign.html
    Last edited by SB75; 04-03-2019 at 05:36 PM.