Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475
Results 1,111 to 1,121 of 1121
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rosenthal believes the Braves are more reluctant to sign Pollock because of the draft pick. From The Athletic:
    DOB had this to say:

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

2018 Vikings Draft :

I can see the reluctance to give up the Braves 3rd overall pick (2nd rd pick) for one yr of Pollock. That is why you offer him at least 3 yrs. As the yrs increase, the aav probably decreases, but you have to also consider that you have to have a GM that is always dealing. If Pollock hits, and you have him, Acuna and Inciarte...followed by young guys we like in Waters and Pache...then you have to trust in your ability to deal. You can move Inciarte next yr for more value than you are going to get in a 2nd rd pick, and you get to see how that prospect reacts to playing in the minors first (or how multiple prospects react to minors). The players you get from a deal for Inciarte (or even Pollock next yr or 3rd yr) are more of a sure thing than q 2nd rd pick is going to be.

We also have a host of young arms that will all never make it, because we simply can't have room for all of them. This is another opportunity to deal soke higher level prospects that are MLB ready for multiple high ranking prospects that are in lower levels of minors.

For an owner ready to deal, you can't panic over one pick when you have tons of other moves you can make. Pollock is way more of a guarantee than a 2nd rd pick will ever be. Pollock has already made it and is a good tp great player....do 3 yrs of Pollock

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Pollock is way more of a guarantee than a 2nd rd pick will ever be. Pollock has already made it and is a good tp great player....do 3 yrs of Pollock
    This sums it up for me. And if you believe in your scouting department, you can make up for it later in the draft/through lower level trades.

Rosenthal believes the Braves are more reluctant to sign Pollock because of the draft pick. From The Athletic:
    What Iíve been saying for ages!

VTG and noraj9 also ecco my sentiments. If youíre going to give up the pick, you have to have more than one year of control. While Iíd prefer to keep the pick, I wouldnít give it up for 1 year of control. AJ is a good player! But we will at some point need prospects in the lower minors to cover the cost of our INT. Penalties. 3 picks in the top 60, go along way to solving those possible problems. If you sign AJ for two years you at least have the option of trading him when Pache or Waters are ready. So while Iíd rather keep the pick, signing AJ isnít horrible, just donít do a one year deal.
    Last edited by SB75; 01-15-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Let me also add...

Harper who I have interest in and have been a proponent of signing to a short term deal, is in the same boat. If youíre going to give up that pick, you need at least two years of control. So if we are out of it you recoup the value of the pick or some of the value in trade.

Most tantalizing, however, were Anthopoulosís comments regarding one possible swap thatís evidently in the works. ďThereís one trade concept right now that 70% of the deal we would agree to, the 30% is probably where we are going back and forth,Ē he said. ďI donít know if we are going to get it done, but the main piece of the deal I think we ultimately would be ok, itís the add on.Ē Certainly, this not-yet-completed arrangement could involve any number of possible players, but itís at least notable to learn that there could soon be some action.
    This is from MLBtraderumors.com

We might be trading for someone soon and if the add on is the only thing holding the trade from completion then it has to big something big that involve multiple prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    This is from MLBtraderumors.com

We might be trading for someone soon and if the add on is the only thing holding the trade from completion then it has to big something big that involve multiple prospects.
    Mike Tout!

Seriously, you got a guess on who it could be?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Mike Tout!

Seriously, you got a guess on who it could be?
    The obvious guess is Realmuto but who knows. AA keeps his cards so close to his chest I donít think anybody will know until it happens. Just like Donaldson and McCann. I just hope itís soon. Iím getting ancy for a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Vikings Draft :

thank you, sb, for answering the age old question of who helen keller's favorite player is.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

The obvious guess is Realmuto but who knows. AA keeps his cards so close to his chest I donít think anybody will know until it happens. Just like Donaldson and McCann. I just hope itís soon. Iím getting ancy for a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iím not saying the Braves donít have significant interest in Realmuto or that it wonít happen. I just think itís somebody weíre not thinking about.

I was kinda hoping for an out of the box answers from you.

Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2565737475