Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1131
    I would love to add Pollock and Realmuto. That is if the price is right on both. I might do a little something different with the lineup though. Maybe something like:

1. Acuna
    2. Realmuto
    3. Freeman
    4. Donaldson
    5. Pollock
    6. Albies
    7. Swanson
    8. Pitcher
    9. Inciarte

That keeps Swanson ahead of the pitcher, where he seems to be ok because he can take a walk. Turns Inciarte into your second leadoff man and hopefully gives Acuna more chances with men on base. That lineup is scary no matter how it is constructed though. A lot of guys hitting with people on base, and always the threat of a HR from every spot outside of the pitcher.

I love having Camargo to play 4 or 5 days a week also. Gives all of our guys rest and hopefully lessens the injury risk for some of these guys while keeping everyone fresh. And with Realmuto probably playing 110-120 games that still leaves 40-50 games for McCann. That should be perfect for him as well. And a great late inning pinch hitter along with Culberson.

Even with that lineup, I would still like to go after a guy like Bumgarner. He could solidify the rotation with that veteran presence and he has been an absolute monster in the playoffs. Those moves would make us legit World Series contenders.

Adding Realmuto and Pollock would be awesome. My question is our rotation. Are our starters good enough to keep us winning? Do we have enough cash to add a decent starter if we were to acquire both Realmuto and Pollock?

I feel like if you add Realmuto and Pollock you HAVE to make a move for a starter. Would you revisit MadBum again if we are talking about Bob Barker pricing.

ATL could trade for Realmuto, trade for Bumgarner, and sign Pollock as long as they can deal O,Day and JT.

Acuna
    Realmuto
    Freeman
    Donaldson
    Pollock
    Albies
    Inciarte
    Swanson

Folty
    MadBum
    Gausman
    Touki
    Soroka

Camargo
    Culberson
    Duvall
    McCann
    Flowers

I actually like that bench as both catchers can PH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few players avoided arbitration:

Viz - 4.8 million
    Folty - 5.475 million
    Culberson - 1.395 million
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Adam Duvall 2.875 million
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I donít think itís a question of cash, as much as prospects capital this season. If the speculated one of our top five and two outside of our top ten is correct, we still will have the ability to go after a starter, but I wouldnít do it immediately. Give the kids their shot up until deadline time. If Realmutoís cost Is higher than that maybe we donít. While we have the cash now, in our market we HAVE to keep the prospects coming in order for our payroll to Balance out. We NEED to continue to have a mix of vets and young cheap guys.

So I guess it boils down to what Realmuto will really cost and if one of these prizes young pitchers steps up.

Funny thing though. Our rebuild was built around pitching and itís our everyday prospects and young players with the least question marks.

Winkler 1.61 million
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I hope AA is keeping an eye on the figure the Red Sox settled with on Mookie Betts. 2nd time arb player and they settled on 20 million. I can only image what he'll get next year. The Braves would be wise to try to lock up Acuna long term soon.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

My thing is you only get two years of Realmuto. You need to be all in for those two years if you're giving up an impact player plus more...if we had a true ace or Folty for sure steps up it'll be different.

Realmuto settled for 5.9 million
    2018 Vikings Draft :

DOBrienATL
    Again, not to be argumentative, but #Braves never said they had $60 million to spend on FAs & trade acquisitions for 2019. That would put them at $140M now ó $20M over Ď18 Opening Day payroll and $10M over Ď18 season-ending payroll. I never expected an increase to that extent.
    Again for those thinking we have aton of money to spend.

Jist because D'Ob doesn't think so doesn't make it true. AA has said they have payroll flexibility. Trade Teheran and O'Day and you are less than last yr..trade 1 you are on par. Moves are still allowed to be made

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Jist because D'Ob doesn't think so doesn't make it true. AA has said they have payroll flexibility. Trade Teheran and O'Day and you are less than last yr..trade 1 you are on par. Moves are still allowed to be made
    Agreed, if the Braves want, they can get anyone not named Harper or Machado. They can create more payroll space and they have the prospects to acquire almost anyone. I still believe the Braves are going to make at least two big moves.

It looks like the Phillies are the favorites to land Harper, the Mets are better this year and obviously the Phillies too, the Nats take a big hit if the lose Harper but they have a very good team nonetheless, if we don't make those 2 big moves we are, on paper, not the favorites to repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Agreed, if the Braves want, they can get anyone not named Harper or Machado. They can create more payroll space and they have the prospects to acquire almost anyone. I still believe the Braves are going to make at least two big moves.

It looks like the Phillies are the favorites to land Harper, the Mets are better this year and obviously the Phillies too, the Nats take a big hit if the lose Harper but they have a very good team nonetheless, if we don't make those 2 big moves we are, on paper, not the favorites to repeat.
    Nice try, the Braves have the ability to create room for anybody including Harper or Machado!

Page 72 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast