Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    They just want to lower payroll and continue to compete so any trades sending them money in return won't work. Your offer is good but I doubt Braves trade Inciarte We need cheap guys too, maybe down the road when we have a guy ready to take over CF with a glove like is. We have young pitching and the team has put a huge emphasis on defense so I don't see them dealing a cheap GG CF.
    We have a guy who's probably a year away in Pache, and trading Ender is a matter of time in my opinion, it doesn't have to be this off-season but it may have to come soon because neither of Ender or Pache are good offensively to play corner OF. I'm fine keeping Ender for 2019 but I'm trying to find a way to acquire Kluber/Carrasco along with Realmuto, and it won't be possible to do unless we substract from our big league club.

Since I agree that the Indians won't do a complete teardown they are a perfect fit to trade for a guy like Newcomb, who is cheap, controlled and already good.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    We have a guy who's probably a year away in Pache, and trading Ender is a matter of time in my opinion, it doesn't have to be this off-season but it may have to come soon because neither of Ender or Pache are good offensively to play corner OF. I'm fine keeping Ender for 2019 but I'm trying to find a way to acquire Kluber/Carrasco along with Realmuto, and it won't be possible to do unless we substract from our big league club.

Since I agree that the Indians won't do a complete teardown they are a perfect fit to trade for a guy like Newcomb, who is cheap, controlled and already good.
    I donít disagree with your points. But I think ATL could trade for multiple guys and not use much, is any, of their MLB roster. Especially with CLE, since their goal seems to be shedding payroll. I could see them being interested in Newcomb, but maybe not Inciarte.

Carrasco could probably start with Touki & Waters.
    Kluber could probably start with Touki, Allard, Waters
    Realmuto could probably start with Wright & Riley
    Haniger could probably start with Wright, Riley, Wentz.
    (I used different players to show how ATL could pursue a SP from CLE and a position player from another team at the same time)

I think ATL could include Newcomb or Inciarte as centerpieces, I just donít think they have to.

Even if ATL traded all of those prospects they would still have Soroka, Anderson, Fried, Gohara, Pache, Contreras, Wilson, Muller, and more in the farm or just cracking the MLB roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I donít disagree with your points. But I think ATL could trade for multiple guys and not use much, is any, of their MLB roster. Especially with CLE, since their goal seems to be shedding payroll. I could see them being interested in Newcomb, but maybe not Inciarte.

Carrasco could probably start with Touki & Waters.
    Kluber could probably start with Touki, Allard, Waters
    Realmuto could probably start with Wright & Riley
    Haniger could probably start with Wright, Riley, Wentz.
    (I used different players to show how ATL could pursue a SP from CLE and a position player from another team at the same time)

I think ATL could include Newcomb or Inciarte as centerpieces, I just donít think they have to.

Even if ATL traded all of those prospects they would still have Soroka, Anderson, Fried, Gohara, Pache, Contreras, Wilson, Muller, and more in the farm or just cracking the MLB roster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sure, we don't have to include pieces from the big league club, we certainly have enough prospects to trade for Kluber/Carrasco and Realmuto. But doing so will completely tear down our farm system and that's probably not a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Sure, we don't have to include pieces from the big league club, we certainly have enough prospects to trade for Kluber/Carrasco and Realmuto. But doing so will completely tear down our farm system and that's probably not a good decision.
    But it wonít tear down the entire farm system. Letís say ATL went Carrasco & Realmuto. They would still have the following prospects left (based on my proposed players being traded).

Soroka
    Anderson
    Allard
    Fried
    Gohara
    Pache
    Contreras
    Wentz
    Wilson
    Muller

Only like 2 or 3 of those guys would be in ATL in 2019 (Soroka, Allard, Fried). That is still 7-8 guys in the minors that are Top 100 or close prospects.

That is a far cry from what ATL currently has, but I think it is time for ATL to stop thinking ONLY about the future and realize that they can win now. That requires using some of the prospects to get immediate help while leaving some talent to keep future talent in the system. It is a balance, but one that AA has to explore IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

That's what BR had already, I tend to use them over Sportrac for baseball contracts.

Yeah. BR had it right all along. 17/17.5/18. Thatís 52.5 million over 3 years. Thatís a steal financially for a SP of Kluberís caliber.

So Nick Markakis won the Silver Slugger too, what a season. AS, GG and SS hahah. Doubt we can even bring him back now, his price will be so high.

I doubt his price goes up, the awards are bogus. Good dude and clubhouse leader, but I also hope we do not resign him. We clearly need an upgrade and have the money to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I doubt his price goes up, the awards are bogus. Good dude and clubhouse leader, but I also hope we do not resign him. We clearly need an upgrade and have the money to do so.
    Totally agree with this post.

My post was 100% sarcasm haha

Although he isn't a bad fall back option, dude is a professional hitter and still has a good glove.

2018-2019 Atlanta Braves off-season thread

Mis post. Sorry
    Last edited by Coach100; 11-08-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Yea Markakis is still a solid back up plan if we miss out on a top OF. If we find a C, SP and a reliever then bringing him back would be ok.

Oddly enough I think the best fit for Markakis is actually the Indians.

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    But it wonít tear down the entire farm system. Letís say ATL went Carrasco & Realmuto. They would still have the following prospects left (based on my proposed players being traded).

Soroka
    Anderson
    Allard
    Fried
    Gohara
    Pache
    Contreras
    Wentz
    Wilson
    Muller

Only like 2 or 3 of those guys would be in ATL in 2019 (Soroka, Allard, Fried). That is still 7-8 guys in the minors that are Top 100 or close prospects.

That is a far cry from what ATL currently has, but I think it is time for ATL to stop thinking ONLY about the future and realize that they can win now. That requires using some of the prospects to get immediate help while leaving some talent to keep future talent in the system. It is a balance, but one that AA has to explore IMO.

Damn, this is truly a testament of how good our farm system is, I think your trade proposal for Kluber/Carrasco and Realmuto are fair and as you pointed out we still have a bunch of prospects to choose from.

Kiley McDaniels of Fangraphs thinks that a package for Realmuto will cost the Braves Soroka, Riley and Kyle Muller.

There was a report (can't remember by whom) that the Braves offered Soroka and Riley for Realmuto in july and were turned down. It looks like right now the pitching prospect the Braves shouldn't trade is Touki.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast