Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    I like it. Welcome to Philly JT!!

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    If we get Harper and Keuchel I will call this offseason an overwhelming success.
    A billion percent agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I still believe they gave up too much for Realmuto but there is no doubt he is an instant upgrade over what we had at catcher. Hopefully, he can come on like Yelich once he left that terrible ballpark and become an even better player (his splits indicate he could easily do that).

As far as the rest of the team, one of Harper/Machado is going to make this offseason. They have already upgraded at three positions and will continue to get better at the others with a young core. Adding one of those free agents would just put us over the top offensively.

Land Harper or Machado along with Keuchel and this offseason has been one to set us up for a solid 4-5 year run.

I never understood how Sixto Sanchez was our highest rated prospect....after only 8 Single-A games. His stats for the Dominican Summer League, Gulf Coast League, Florida State league were ok....didn't blow me away....

Fans may put too much emphasis on these "Top" prospects....social media gives too much false hope about players....Outside Hamels, Utley, Rollins, and Howard....who was a home-grown drafted star for the Phillies?

Get the proven player...He's top 3 at his position. He handles pitching staffs well....our pitchers need that....Was Alfaro doing that? Never heard anything good or bad about it....We'll have other "top" rated prospects in our system...The Phillies need to prove they can win now if they want to attract top FA's every year....waiting for prospects doesn't do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    I never understood how Sixto Sanchez was our highest rated prospect....after only 8 Single-A games. His stats for the Dominican Summer League, Gulf Coast League, Florida State league were ok....didn't blow me away....

Fans may put too much emphasis on these "Top" prospects....social media gives too much false hope about players....Outside Hamels, Utley, Rollins, and Howard....who was a home-grown drafted star for the Phillies?

Get the proven player...He's top 3 at his position. He handles pitching staffs well....our pitchers need that....Was Alfaro doing that? Never heard anything good or bad about it....We'll have other "top" rated prospects in our system...The Phillies need to prove they can win now if they want to attract top FA's every year....waiting for prospects doesn't do that now.
    I somewhat agree. Even the guys the Phillies traded away never really became serviceable let alone stars, but I also donít want to see the farm just gutted where we donít even see depth come up.

Ruiz, Burrell, Myers, Kendrick, among some others were good role guys home grown. The Phillies couldnít do that after the started trading everyone being left with little to choose from.

Right now you have Doobie, Hoskins, Nola, Hernandez, Franco?, possibly Kingery and Quinn to be the big leaguers who are homegrown and lead to solid depth and complimentary pieces with Hoskins and Nola being the more likely to be stars a la the names you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post

I mean, for his age his raw numbers are really good but scouts see his raw stuff and project from that. If he stays healthy (with is a MAJOR if) but I'd be surprised if he isn't at least a middle of the rotation type pitcher.

Give Harper 9 years $315 million and call it a day lol. That's $35M a year. I just wish we could speed through this and see what happens. lol

I agree that would cap off one heck of an off-season
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Segura Hoskins Harper Realmuto McCutchen Franco Herrera Hernandez Quinn. Beat that nl east.

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Seems like both Harper and Machado is waiting for the other to sign first. Pretty sure its 'all about the money.'

It's just a giant game of chicken with both parties waiting for each other to cave so they can get what they want. At this point, I can see them both taking shorter-term deals with a high AAV. Some people were talking about Harper taking a 3 year deal so he can become a free agent again after Trout resets the market. I'd be fully for a 3/110 type deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    It's just a giant game of chicken with both parties waiting for each other to cave so they can get what they want. At this point, I can see them both taking shorter-term deals with a high AAV. Some people were talking about Harper taking a 3 year deal so he can become a free agent again after Trout resets the market. I'd be fully for a 3/110 type deal.
    Not gonna happen. I think Machado takes an 8yr deal in the 225M range...I think Harper gets the 9 years at 315-325M area...Probably way off, but whatever. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Seems like both Harper and Machado is waiting for the other to sign first. Pretty sure its 'all about the money.'
    At this point, I donít care if anyone signs those guys at this point. I hope they have to sit out an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Not gonna happen. I think Machado takes an 8yr deal in the 225M range...I think Harper gets the 9 years at 315-325M area...Probably way off, but whatever. :P
    I mean, I expect them to take the longer deals but the theory with the 3-year deal makes sense. Get paid over market value for 3 years and have the market reset after Trout gets a massive deal. Maybe an opt-out after 3 makes more sense but I think the narrative fits.

Nola signs extension. Appears to save a lot through arbitration.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast