Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Happ at the right price and maybe kimbrel at right price is better than Corbin at $24 mil
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Happ at the right price and maybe kimbrel at right price is better than Corbin at $24 mil
    I am hoping for Happ at a good price and term. I will dream of stealing Realmuto because I just don't like Alfaro and his wild swings and passed balls. lol One of Harper and Machado would be nice (I prefer Harper I think...just my gut). Kimbrel would be nice to round out our team...Man we would have a ton of offense and average defense.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Bumgarner has one year left in his deal, I woulnd t pay that much for a rental, I rather have Happ back.
    Bring back Happ lol

Klentak with 2 solid moves in the last 2 weeks. Segura at SS and Jose Alvarez LRP. Garcia never really put things together with the Phillies. What was his ERA, over 6 in the even numbered years and under 4 in the odd numbered seasons....too inconsistent. Alvarez has been consistently a sub-4 ERA every season but his first.

Phillies have a new logo. Iím hoping that this is a sign they wonít be changing their uniforms.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...uins-surprise/

Next Step? Sign Bryce Harper. Then shift focus to 1 Yr Deals on the vast majority of FAs that won't find homes when the music stops. Happened last year and it's gonna be even worst this offseason. That's why things moving so slow. The shear depth of the FA group. One main reasons Mariners GM is giving away his relievers practically. Wants to be the last guy with MLB Roster Spot openings when half of baseballs relievers are without jobs in January. You Know... The Matt Shoemaker's, Blake Parker, Xavier Cedeno, Luis Avilan, David Phelps, Carter Capps, AJ Ramos, Carson Smith. Relief Pitching for days.

Last Offseason's enthsuastic spending was misallocated. In a vacuum I understand the Arrietta deal. Scott Boras' client couldn't find the deal he & Boras probably discussed for Yrs. That deal was an express ticket to the table to negotiate on Bryce Harper, honestly.

Starting to Give up on Highly Drafted Prospects is a Concern. Gone is JP Crawford. Will Cornelius Randolph follow? Trust Scott Kingery to rebound? Did FO really draft Mickey Moniak 1st Overall? Does Alec Bohm have a position?

How to fix the Defense? Lots of concerns. But Phils ahead of schedule. Harper is the addition to keep the momentum moving & he'll have a huge impact on the bottom line.

I'd be in direct talks with the Royals on Whit Merrifled. Super Utility in the Kingery role but productive. BTW, Kingery contract is ridiculous Guaranteed $20.75M through 2024 Option Buyout w/ 2025 & 2026 Club Options. $1.25M Salary 2019.

I'd build a trade on Kingery plus additional pieces for Whit Merrifield. Don't have the patience for Kingery to find his game.

Also, I'd consider mid tier FAs with upside. Try to find PHI's version of Charlie Morton or Jhoulys Chacin. Might even consider the FA Morton on 1 yr Deal. Marco Estrada? I think he'll be this Yrs Anibal Sanchez & have a bounce back yr outta nowhere.

Cornelius and Moniak don't hae much value, keep Moniak see if he figures **** out, I believe Randolph is a bust.

I really doubt they paid Arrieta just to be in good terms with Boras.

Keep Kingery he could still make it, the deal was stupid tho.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

McCutchen for a 3 year deal. ehhh
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    McCutchen for a 3 year deal. ehhh
    McCutchen is still great. Played 155 games last year. His .368 OBP was 20th best in MLB. Might not be the stud he once was but still a very good player and 32 years old is fine. Career OBP of .378. Guy is a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    McCutchen is still great. Played 155 games last year. His .368 OBP was 20th best in MLB. Might not be the stud he once was but still a very good player and 32 years old is fine. Career OBP of .378. Guy is a machine.
    Throw in the fact that he will be in a lineup with Rhys, Segura, and probably one of Machado/Harper...man...Our lineup is shaping up to be formidable.

With Cutch.....

Cutch in LF
    Doobie/Quinn in CF
    Williams in RF

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    i dont like the years but at 15 per it isnt horrible as long as we are landing Harper to round out the OF. He has been better than i realized though
    Last edited by TheDish87; Yesterday at 05:40 PM.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Mccutchen is still a solid player and worth the 15 million per year. Obviously, the years aren't great but he seems like the type of guy with him always being in shape and the hitting profile that he will age fairly well. Great clubhouse guy too, which is always needed.

I'm worry that the McCutchen signing will be like Carlos Santana all over again. He's a great guy to have in the clubhouse but I don't know how much of a needle he move if any for me. Definitely don't like the 3 year deal at this stage of his career.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456