Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Official Phillies 2018-1019 Post-Season Thread

We finished the year sucking but there is room for improvement.

Who are gonna get in FA?

Who is leaving?

Which prospect could help the ball club next year?

Who is our next star?

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Should be an interesting off season. Will Harper or Machado sign here and if they do where will the domino's fall from there. Rhys should be moved back to 1B but do you trade Santana or move him to 3B, then what happens to Franco. I'd trade Hernandez for a starting pitcher and put Kingery at 2B. If Machado signs what happens to Crawford. If Harper signs, where does he play? Who is the odd OF out. Do they try to resign Ramos. All of this and I haven't even started about talking about the pitching.

Defensive movements are going to be the biggest improvement(s). Hoskins to 1B is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

So after Machaod's "I don't hustle" comment, do we still want him in a Phillies uniform?

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Defensive movements are going to be the biggest improvement(s). Hoskins to 1B is a must.

This, **** Santana!!

Let the bidding wars begin.

Kind of nervous for this off season. I think there is huge potential for moves (FA, trades) but I have a feeling nothing major is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Off Season Moves

[QUOTE=koldjerky;32635224]Kind of nervous for this off season. I think there is huge potential for moves (FA, trades) but I have a feeling nothing major is going to happen.

Some Thoughts, sign Harper 10/400M, Donaldson 2/50, Ace Pitcher 4/100. Adds 90m to payroll. Try to trade Santana, Franco. Start Crawford at short, Hernandez at 2nd and get him to drop that "launch" swing. CH was an effective lead off man before succumbing to "metrics". The "beloved" Kingery becomes your utility man. He can't play SS regularly, short, choppy steps, you need a "glider " at short.
    Lineup: CH, Hoskins, Harper, Donaldson, Herrera, Alfaro, Williams, Crawford. Brakes the lefties. Bench AA, Quinn, Kingery, catcher. Maybe Bour instead of AA for a lefty power bat off the bench.

I have a feeling we are gonna pull a "sixers off season" and not get any star TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    I have a feeling we are gonna pull a "sixers off season" and not get any star TBH.
    'Fraid I agree with you Papi, this is a fun time of the season and as a long time Phillies fan I'm always looking for discussion. I can see them signing someone like Charlie Morton, just what Kapler needs, a 4 inning pitcher, probably an unfair assessment but leave it to Kap to make it happen. Since several teams can afford the money AND offer a shot at the playoffs why come to Philly. Don't know whether they would spend it and risk luxury tax but Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs and Dodgers are competition. Watch the Braves, rising, young team and they have some money. Wealthy clubs like the Nationals and Giants should be watched.

Bryce Harper just started following Joel Embiid and Rhys Hoskins on social media...

"Sixers fans... get excited!" - Drew Hanlen

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    Bryce Harper just started following Joel Embiid and Rhys Hoskins on social media...

Saw that but whom else is he following?

I just Google 'Bryce Harper' and click news twice or thrice a day....I think he'll sign before Manny...Apparently we are in on Brantley too.

Hed fit nicely in the line up
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I just Google 'Bryce Harper' and click news twice or thrice a day....I think he'll sign before Manny...Apparently we are in on Brantley too.
    Love the discussion, keep it up. Apparently Phils did offer Brantley per report. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of confidence in the overall management team. They need to admit they made mistakes with Santana and Kingery; Kingery needs to start the season in the minors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast